Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will I start the process for the NYPD?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will I start the process for the NYPD?

Hello all,
    I am currently 20 and in school to get my BA in criminal justice and minor in psychology. I took the NYPD test 3313in December of 2012. I scored a 93 on it.
    My question:
    When would they start the process for hiring me?
    Would my dad being a retired city cop help me in the process of my hiring?
    What academy would they place me in if I completed the process?

I also passed the MTA PD test, awaiting on the physical test and awaiting results for Nassau county.
    Last edited by mike_m102; 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM.

I just took my test a few weeks ago i heard it take a while before they send the letter to your home with you're score and list number.....i mainly heard about 6 months
    Exam # 3315
    List # 7**
    APD-5: ??
    Medical: ??
    Social Media Check: ??
    Written Psych: ??
    Oral Psych: ??
    BI: ??
    Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
    JST:??
    Mini med:??

Comment

The New York section has all the answers you need. Expect the test results in 4-6 months with a list and exam number. A letter for you background packet probably at least 2 years from when you took the test then 6 months to a year to process you if you are lucky you'd be hired by 2015/2016 right before your exam expires. As far as your dad helping you, a hook gets you a lot of places in the nypd but it doesn't make the process any faster. Also unless your dad retired as a capt or higher I doubt he has much "juice" to pull strings for you unless he came from a good gig.

Comment

My dad is a retired sergeant in the 9th, which had a lot of big shots that he still knows. i heard their speeding up the process in regards to receiving the letter to start the process, i could be wrong but some cops i talked to in the 88pct said that i could get my APD in the mail within the year but i could definitely be seeing a 2015 academy. The waiting process is brutal.

Comment

Come down to MD for quicker opportunities.

Balt City, MD State Police, MDTA and some other departments are hiring

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10799 users online. 534 members and 10265 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X