300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to prevent pay cut to Border Patrol

I know this is not a typical "Law Enforcement Job" thread, but this will affect 10's of thousands of BPA jobs. This is also the most viewed section of this entire forum, hence one of the reasons for posting it here. Please sign this petition to help yourself (if a BPA) or to help a fellow LEO. We do not deserve to have our pay cut by almost half because congress can not do their job.

Edit: I can not post a link because of my low post count. Please go to the petition.whitehouse.gov website and search for petitions. Find the petition to "Prevent a reductions in Border Patrol pay".

Could someone with a higher post count please post the link?

Thank you

Also, it only takes a few minutes to create an account and sign.

Thank you.

Comment

Border Patrol isn't the only ones looking at problems. Veteran Affairs has been ordered by OPM to reclassify over 700 jobs, 99% are looking at being reclassified to lower pay grades. 0083 Police are on that list. The objective is to reclass the jobs down from their current GS pay level, this could mean a loss of about $1,500 to $2,000 per year. This reduction will not affect executive level staff, doctors or nurses, only the rank and file level staff of the VA. Not enough that most VA's across the nation only have on average of 25 to 30% veterans employees, the only one's that would be affected by the pay loss would be those jobs that have mostly veterans doing them. So now it's the veterans that have to suffer again by pay loss mandated by OPM.
      GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Of course man, lots of federal jobs are going to be hurting because of this. Almost a million civilian DOD jobs will suffer. Please post a link here if there is a way to help the VA. Border Patrol is one of a few agencies that will be taking a direct massive pay cut...losing 40% is A LOT of money. Other agencies like FBI and Marshals are looking at furloughs for 14 days (as are Border Patrol Agents) without pay cuts. Again, nobody deserve this...just trying to point out how we are being singled out. Thanks again for bring the VA to our attention, did not realize the impact on them.

Comment

Originally posted by ccia84 View Post
          Of course man, lots of federal jobs are going to be hurting because of this. Almost a million civilian DOD jobs will suffer. Please post a link here if there is a way to help the VA. Border Patrol is one of a few agencies that will be taking a direct massive pay cut...losing 40% is A LOT of money. Other agencies like FBI and Marshals are looking at furloughs for 14 days (as are Border Patrol Agents) without pay cuts. Again, nobody deserve this...just trying to point out how we are being singled out. Thanks again for bring the VA to our attention, did not realize the impact on them.
          VA police are not on the GL pay scale or the 6c retirement. A cut in pay grade with only the FERS 1.1% retirement really sucks. When the downgrade takes affect there will be a mass exodus in all jobs affected.

Comment

This is the Government do you really think a petition will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefox View Post
              This is the Government do you really think a petition will help.
              It sure as hell won't hurt the effort. We are going to take a 43% pay cut. We are going to do every damn thing we can to try to prevent it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ption/qFXtCFgX
              Last edited by SHU; 02-22-2013, 11:01 PM.

Comment

First off, thanks for the link SHU.
                Second, SHU is exactly right, are we to sit idly by and just wait to lose almost half our pay? Spreading awareness may draw media attention to what is happening to us. What if 500k people sign the petition? What if the media reports on 500k people signing a petition for the Border Patrol? Is the government going to say "oh golly, lots of people signed a petition for the Border Patrol, we better not cut their pay not"? Of course they won't...but the alternative is to just standby for it to happen. I will do everything I can to fight for what I believe in. Part of the problem with this country is that the citizens say "its the government what can I do?"...wrong, WE ARE THE UNITED STATES not the government.

Comment

Isn't it funny that all the Federal Employee Union members got spammed with email, and snail mail asking them to support Obama for president. As lemmings they marched over the cliff.

Comment

You should amend the petition and include CBPO'S.
                    CBPO
                    Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                    TO: 2/2011
                    Medical: 3/22/2011
                    PT Test: 3/22/2011
                    VBT: 3/2011
                    Background: 3/2011
                    Drug Test: 4/2011
                    Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                    PT Test 2: TBD
                    FLETC: Good Question lol
                    CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                    Info Session 9/2009
                    Interview 3/2010
                    COE 5/2010
                    Medical 5/2010
                    Fit/Background 7/2010
                    All clear as of 11/2010
                    FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Raidergx View Post
                      Isn't it funny that all the Federal Employee Union members got spammed with email, and snail mail asking them to support Obama for president. As lemmings they marched over the cliff.
                      Not me, not a member of AFGE and never will be. I don't donate to political stuff and refuse to have my money used in that way.

Comment

I did not create the petition. As for BPA's, we never received anything about voting for Obama.

Comment

It's hunting season on federal employees. Pitting private sector workers against government ones. So many people think I get great benefits. Really???....

Meanwhile apple is holding on to more cash on hand than the U.S. Treasury, oh well so much for trickle down.

People are really going to be shocked when food won't be in supermarkets because the USDA will furlough all the inspectors. And they wait hours and hours at the airport because there are no screeners. How about the due process clause of the constitution being violated because there will be no marshals to take inmates to court.
                          Abraham Lincoln:Nowhere in the world is presented a government of so much liberty and equality. To the humblest and poorest amongst us are held out the highest privileges and positions. The present moment finds me at the White House, yet there is as good a chance for your children as there was for my father's.
                          --August 31, 1864 Speech to 148th Ohio Regiment

Comment

Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                            CBP officers are getting their OT cut by 35 million. Patrol Agents are getting cut by 250+ million.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                              The fact of the matter is that BP is taking the biggest hit! The bastard green headed step children of CBP and DHS in general.

Its pretty easy to create a petition.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10529 users online. 493 members and 10036 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X