300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camden County Police

Hey everyone, just wanted to start this thread in case anyone else here has any news about the hiring for Camden's new department. I submitted my application December 7th, and am still waiting to hear something. I'm very familiar with how long some of these things take, but just curious if anyone knows what to expect with this place. Feel free to chime in with anything guys....

If they do the plan and refuse to hire more than half of the current Camden force, anyone hired on is a scab.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Last edited by MILITARYMP; 02-18-2013, 09:15 PM.
      We few, we brave few, we band of brothers.

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Last edited by MILITARYMP; 02-18-2013, 09:11 PM.
        We few, we brave few, we band of brothers.

Comment

Yup I would avoid applying for that job like the plague. They call it a "County PD", but no town (other then Camden) bought into the plan. The current plan I believe is to rehire half of those laid off and then fill in the rest with new hires. They went as far as to post for Class 2 Officers (in NJ these are officers who only have law enforcement powers while on duty) and I believe they only got a couple of apps. New Jersey is a state where when a spot opens there are 100's of applications, yet here was a Class 2 position with plenty of open spots and they got a handful of applicants.

Comment

Yeah, it seems like they were lacking really good qualified applicants. I went in there and told them I work for the Bureau of Prisons, and they were all excited. Told me I would only go through a 40 hour police academy refresher. I couldn't believe what I heard, because I'm in no way qualified to run right out there on the street as a patrol officer right now. I'm not one of the BOP officers who thinks they are the ****. I know exactly what I am, and the little bit that I'm actually qualified or trained to do. Yet Camden thought I was the best thing since sliced bread, and I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth. HAHA. Not sure how I feel about Camden, but at least figured I would apply, and then give myself the opportunity to have to make a decision later on, rather than not applying at all.

Comment

There are some things you learn in academies.......but most of what you learn, that's useful, you learn from working the job. Now I don't think by any means 40 hrs and hit the streets is the way to go, but by working in the prisons, you probably know more than you think.......not about being a street cop, but at least the way the ****heads work and think. 40 hours of training for a place like Camden seems ridiculous to me. Should be a few weeks at least if that's what they have you headed towards.

Comment

Well, I don't know if I would step down from Federal to Local, especially in a place as volatile as Camden, but I figure if I don't apply, then I don't have an option. Anybody else here apply for it, or am I the only one on here?

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue11B View Post
                  Yeah, it seems like they were lacking really good qualified applicants. I went in there and told them I work for the Bureau of Prisons, and they were all excited. Told me I would only go through a 40 hour police academy refresher. I couldn't believe what I heard, because I'm in no way qualified to run right out there on the street as a patrol officer right now. I'm not one of the BOP officers who thinks they are the ****. I know exactly what I am, and the little bit that I'm actually qualified or trained to do. Yet Camden thought I was the best thing since sliced bread, and I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth. HAHA. Not sure how I feel about Camden, but at least figured I would apply, and then give myself the opportunity to have to make a decision later on, rather than not applying at all.
                  If they told you can go to a "40 hour... refresher" they are outright lying or completely incompetent. There is no such thing in NJ. You must hold a PTC certification or attend a police academy to get one. The only way to waive training in NJ is if you attended an out of state or federal "police academy" within the last three years, and then the department has to request a waiver from the PTC (which they may or may not grant). You would then have to take any classes you are lacking or specific to NJ (2c/39). They may be just trying to get you to apply by blowing smoke up your @$$.

Comment

I realize this.. That's why it was so comical. They are just flat out desperate for people to apply.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10519 users online. 531 members and 9988 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X