300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Enforcement Agent

Its open on usajobs for all current CBP employees with time-in-grade.

Ive worked with them a few times, but if anyone knows more about the job/training feel free to share.
    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

If anyone applied, did you get a Application Incomplete (missing required docs) as a application status. I submitted everything but still got this message. Must be operator error..........

Comment

Originally posted by ajeezy View Post
      If anyone applied, did you get a Application Incomplete (missing required docs) as a application status. I submitted everything but still got this message. Must be operator error..........
      I think you get that if you still have docs pending from the upload. Once they are uploaded and scanned for viruses, it should change to complete.

Comment

Yep, it just accepted everything. Thanks

Comment

I just put in for it. Ive got a private pilot's lisence for 8 years with a few hundred hours and a degree in Aeronautics...hope that helps. I know this is not a pilot spot but it sounds like it would be a pretty sweet gig. Good luck to all.

Comment

Honestly, this is the way all jobs in CBP should be done. Imagine you are a BPA or CBPO and interested in going to the other side. You wouldn't lose your GS-12, and you could pick the location you were interested in working. Also you didn't have to compete against the general public.
            Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
              Honestly, this is the way all jobs in CBP should be done. Imagine you are a BPA or CBPO and interested in going to the other side. You wouldn't lose your GS-12, and you could pick the location you were interested in working. Also you didn't have to compete against the general public.
              I applied as well. I've been trying to land this job for 4 years now! PITA. I have six years of helicopter air crew experience with the USCG and I'm a PA.

I don't think we would keep our 12's though. I spoke to and AEA that transfered over from BP in 2011. He said they gave him a GS-9 step 10. Definitely still not a deal breaker for me though. Good luck to everyone!!

Comment

There are a lot of locations open. I wonder if this is gonna be somewhat of a big drive. Ill go down to GS9 step10 in a heart beat for this spot.

Comment

Originally posted by TriumphST View Post
                  There are a lot of locations open. I wonder if this is gonna be somewhat of a big drive. Ill go down to GS9 step10 in a heart beat for this spot.
                  Agreed. Heck any of the locations is better than the crap hole where BP has me.

Comment

I have a couple of questions concerning this position that maybe you guys could help with. This is the first time I have applied for another federal position as federal employee. As best I can tell I would be considered CTAP, correct? Does it have to be CTAP or ICTAP? I'm just simply applying for another position within the G. According to how I read the requirements I may not be qualified. The way I interpret it reads you need to have two years of graduate school or experience as a member on an aviation enforcement team. I have a BS and over 10 years and a LEO but no graduate school or aviation enforcement experience other than what every PA has.

Comment

I'm throwing in as well. I didn't have any problems with the application.

Comment

Yeah, I had my doubts about that too (aviation enforcement experience) but as you go through the KSA's, the lowest grade gives you some room to articulate (when they talk about making seizures and arrest and so forth). As it (KSA's) went along it asks about more specific questions such as navigation and flying related stuff which threw me off since this is not a pilot spot. But since I have a private's lisence that was one thing I could say i have experience. One thing I learned in the Fed is let "them" tell you are not qualified, dont ever rule yourself out by not applying.

Comment

I have one question: What is the difference between an Aviation Enforcement Agent and an Aviation Enforcement Officer? If any. I have seen announcements in the past for AEO's.

Comment

I have one question: What is the difference between an Aviation Enforcement Agent and an Aviation Enforcement Officer? If any. I have seen announcements in the past for AEO's.
                            I thought AEOs worked for US Marshals???

Comment

AEO is the old title for AEA, all the announcements from here on out will be for AEA.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12284 users online. 425 members and 11859 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X