Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY downfall in Baltimore PD app process, what to do now?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY downfall in Baltimore PD app process, what to do now?

I made a mistake in my life and now Im paying for it. All I want is to be a cop, I joined the Army National Guard as an MP to help with the process. I live in NJ where it's close to impossible, so I went to Baltimore's expedited hiring event. On the pre app questionnaire, I admitted to steroid usage back in 2010 (one 4 week cycle) and actually just recently in 09/2012, I used the prescription drug Nolvadex to counter some slight gyno I got from the past steroid usage. I then proceeded to take the test, after the test an officer came to me and got more info on what my steroid cycle was, then disqualified me for the recent Nolvadex usage. He said I could reapply in 2015. I know I messed up, I tried to self medicate an issue I had and now I paid the price for it. Besides that I've never done anything but smoke pot twice back in high school, I'm 24 now.

My question to everyone is this; where can I go from now? Do I have no choice but to wait till 2015? Are there other agencies that could overlook something like that? At this point I'm just about ready to apply anywhere, but I'm not going to lie in the process. Does it make sense for me to keep applying o different places, or should I wait? Advice please.

Sorry to pass this information to you, but most departments/agencies they would expect you not to do any drugs within the past 5 to 7 years. I know this is of no consolation, but keep working hard. Stay in the National Guard, and do not do drugs again. Keep working hard.

Comment

Maryland Police Training Commission has standards for drug use that the whole state has to abide by. Agencies can be stricter if they want. I know number of times a drug is used and how recently you used them are very important. Your best bet is to keep clean and stay in the National Guard. Try reapplying again in 2015, but with the number of applicants that are applying to each of the LE jobs, it is going to be a hard fight.

Comment

What is your back up plan? Do u have a degree? There is always corporate investigations work if you have the right education.
        "In valor there is hope"

Comment

Nolvadex cannot retro actively correct gyno. In fact the only thing that can correct gyno is surgery. These are some poor life decisions brother.

Comment

My question is, are you still in the guard and if so, have they tested you?
            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
              My question is, are you still in the guard and if so, have they tested you?
              The guard test for steroids? In my old unit guys ****ed hot for coke and they kept the them.

Comment

Nolvadex is not a Controlled Substance. @ Irish it's really hard to get someone to test
                + on a UA for roids. @Johnny the Mil will boot you out for anything these days, force reduction time.

Comment

i get tested in the guard but the steroid usage was pre military

Comment

Originally posted by Thigy5646 View Post
                    Nolvadex is not a Controlled Substance. @ Irish it's really hard to get someone to test
                    + on a UA for roids. @Johnny the Mil will boot you out for anything these days, force reduction time.
                    This is true, Tamoxifen is not a controlled substance, but it is prescription only and if you want to get into semantics, it's only really used for breast cancer patients.

The way the guys at my gym get it is by saying they are testing on mice or some crap like that.

Comment

Originally posted by aj_singh View Post
                      i get tested in the guard but the steroid usage was pre military
                      You said 9/12. So after 9/12 you went into the guard? And still with plans on being a cop. Yeah I would move on with employment elsewhere.
                      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

OP you admitted to committing a felony. You are done.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5748 users online. 315 members and 5433 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X