300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 2012 FBI Special Agent - Cyber opening

Just curious if anybody else applied for this announcement....

Also curious, does anybody know how their process works.....I'm referring to a high level time table.

Thanks.

Originally posted by JimbotDVC View Post
    Just curious if anybody else applied for this announcement....

Also curious, does anybody know how their process works.....I'm referring to a high level time table.

Thanks.
    I might be able to help. What is a high level time table?

Comment

I applied, lets see if my 15 years of it and it security gets me noticed
      AFOSI
      Applied 01/08/12

Comment

Originally posted by espantoon View Post
        I might be able to help. What is a high level time table?
        Basic idea of the hiring process and the time it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasJ View Post
          I applied, lets see if my 15 years of it and it security gets me noticed
          Best of luck to you TexasJ!

Comment

I'm curious to see how many people get called up for that job. This article from late 2011 has some interesting info on funding for new positions in 2012. It basically says 42 new positions, 14 of which will have cyber expertise. Ok, I was going to post the link but apparently I am not allowed to. Anyway, a quick google search for "FBI To Get More Cyber Crime Agents" from Information Week should get you there.

Which makes me wonder, how many additional positions have been slated for 2013. On the justice.gov website there is a pdf document called FY 2013 Authorization and Budget Request to Congress. The key part for new positions mentions that the bureau requested 44 new positions - 40 (SA) special agents and 4 (PS) professional staff.

Comment

I have read some articles saying how wildly behind the curve our government is in the world of Cyber Security. I think people, the general public, still have no idea how important cyber security skills are and will be in the next 20 years. It is kind of scary to think that a novice to mid-level experienced hacker could bring down entire networks, networks that could be used to power and control nuclear power plants and/or places like prisons. I have heard a lot of different things through the Cyber Conferences I have been to and the organizations I am affiliated with, but time will only tell if we decide to start getting serious about our cyber capabilities.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10498 users online. 493 members and 10005 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X