X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 173rd_the_Herd
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2009

Federal agencies hiring for 2013?

With the budget situation being what it is, has anybody heard anything about Federal LE hirings this year?
  • denver_bound
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2012

Your best bets are probably BOP, USBP, USSS-UD. USBP might be a stretch however because I think they slowed down their hiring tempo quite a bit. USCP is also another possibly. Of course this is all speculation based off of past hiring practices.
    Last edited by denver_bound; 01-10-2013, 06:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• 173rd_the_Herd
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2009

I have a pretty good job now and wouldn't quit it for BP or USBOP. Was more interested in like Secret Service, FBI any of the more sought after LE agencies, but thank you.

Comment

• 4GodnCntry
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2012

CBP (OFO and OBP), USSS Uniformed Division, USCP, US Park Police, BOP, ICE (DRO/IEA).

Word is HSI has no big plans for hiring anytime soon. USMS, DEA, and ATF all plan on hiring off prior vacancy announcements throughout 2013.
        Last edited by 4GodnCntry; 01-10-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Cyber_Saint
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2008

FBI has an opening right now for Cyber professionals and has advertised a regular opening for everyone else in a few months. Its on their website.

Comment

• 173rd_the_Herd
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2009

Thanks guys, was just curious.

Comment

• Greek57
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2009

Hearsay on another thread is for another USSS SA vacancy announcement this fiscal year. So apply and buckle up for a long, long, long ride
              Last edited by Greek57; 01-10-2013, 07:41 PM. Reason: Speling

Comment

• semper03
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2011

FBI is apparently keeping announcements going out every 6 months now. They keep you in the loop for a phase two invite, i.e. you can keep updating with the AC until you become competitive enough (or so I way told). I'm still waiting to see if I'm competitive enough but I'm going after cyber credentials here soon.

Comment

• 8nskate
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2011

I would say you should try to get your foot in the door for FEDLE any way you can. Unless you are working investigations with you local agency, FBI, USSS etc... are going to be a long shot. Just my opinion of course but with the current economy and competition the way that it is........Good luck. CBP LE is at least a GS-12. Not too bad of an income plus you can start/stop your 6c/12d time while you wait for that 1811 like everyone else!

Comment

• Agent04
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2011

AFOSI will be having another hiring push in 2013 through the palace acquire program (PAQ). It will normally be announced by someone on this forum and there will be recruitment desks set-up at job fairs in 3 different Universities (George Mason, Univ of Maryland, and Univ of Texas).

Comment

• Albert Wesker
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2012

With all of this gun talk, there may be an ATF hiring push soon.

Honestly, that is the way federal le hiring works. There is some sort of tragedy or negative publicity, then the politicians decide to increase funding. It happened with Border Patrol 2 years ago and Obama decided to hire 1000 new BPAs. It happened with the FAMS after that guy tried to light his underwear on fire in Detroit. On a much larger scale, it happened after 9/11.

With the public demanding something be done about this shooting, the most pain free way they could do something would be to increase the number of ATF agents.
                      Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• ForzaMilan
                        Still Basic
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Agent04
                        AFOSI will be having another hiring push in 2013 through the palace acquire program (PAQ). It will normally be announced by someone on this forum and there will be recruitment desks set-up at job fairs in 3 different Universities (George Mason, Univ of Maryland, and Univ of Texas).
                        Agent, have you heard this in the last week? When I got the email regarding the October 2012, it appeared that they will more then likely not have a PAQ until next year. Just curious, I am patiently waiting for the next one anyway.

Comment

• SHU
                          Grumpy
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Albert Wesker
                          With the public demanding something be done about this shooting, the most pain free way they could do something would be to increase the number of ATF agents.
                          And neither one of us will get a chance to test for it.

Comment

• madchiken
                            Relocation Expert
                            • Aug 2004

I like how people still think FBI and USSS are sought after. Most of us in the fed want nothing to do with either agency and there's a reason they have to keep hiring... especially entry level hiring for 1811.

Comment

• Escapar La Frontera
                              Forum Member
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by madchiken
                              I like how people still think FBI and USSS are sought after. Most of us in the fed want nothing to do with either agency and there's a reason they have to keep hiring... especially entry level hiring for 1811.
                              FBI is definitely the most well-known, and, perhaps the most prestigious, federal LE agency out there, but I've heard that management can relocate you on a whim and turn your quality of life upside down. Like in the movies when they threaten people: "You'll be manning a radar tower in Alaska by sundown!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17994 users online. 20 members and 17974 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...