300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
    Right now, you might not want to put all your eggs into one basket...based on the federal government's current financial situation and the talks of furloughing, you might want to take a look into State/Local agencies as well.
    There are fewer postings in USAJOBS, but there still are postings for some agencies. Some are starting at GS-5 level.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Any new news on agencies posting 1811 vacancies?

Comment

Originally posted by airforce81 View Post
        I saw on Policeone website where it had different cities for openings for Air Marshal. Anybody heard anything about these? Somebody said they didnt think they were hiring this year.
        lol.....Air Marshal. Last opening was 2009...lol....4 yrs ago. There are no vacancies below a GS-13 on usajobs these days. Which means you actually have to hate your current job as a 1811 and choose them ....lol I would strongly advise you to read the Air Marshal thread, they have some serious personnel issues over there! Just giving you a heads up. In 2012 the entire agency only arrested one person....lol....Dude move on.
        Last edited by TopGun87; 04-04-2013, 05:47 PM.
        The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

In 2012 the entire agency only arrested one person....lol....Dude move on.
          It's not their mission to "arrest" people.

I'd say as long as no planes go down, they're doing what they're supposed to do.
          "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLine View Post
            It's not their mission to "arrest" people.

I'd say as long as no planes go down, they're doing what they're supposed to do.

Yeah, tell that to the senate appropriations committee. That's why there hasn't been a new vacancy since 2009 and that got stopped. The Senate sees no new justification for funds or employees. I think they do a great job! 1 Billion dollar budget and 1 arrest, talk to your congressman for another vacancy here.
            The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

Topgun sounds disgruntled. I was just asking man, no plans on going there was just curious. I got my answer, move on.
              "Saying guns cause crime is like saying pencils cause spelling mistakes"

Comment

Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                Yeah, tell that to the senate appropriations committee. That's why there hasn't been a new vacancy since 2009 and that got stopped. The Senate sees no new justification for funds or employees. I think they do a great job! 1 Billion dollar budget and 1 arrest, talk to your congressman for another vacancy here.
                Wow greenline beat me to it and clearly knows his stuff and you obviously do not....as he states it is NOT THEIR MISSION TO ARREST PEOPLE....are they the best run agency in the Feds?..probably not....but alot of good people work there...many former cops and vets who have arrested plenty....you should check your facts before opening your piehole....also there was a underwear bomber in 2009...don't know if your selective memory remembers that....as a result the congress you say pulled funds back then actually increased hiring, and there were vacancy announcements in 2010 and 2011...this agency's mission is to prevent a plane from being attacked and to cover as many flights as their personal will allow....it may not be your cup of tea, but it is needed...considering the amount of flights vs employees I believe they have done fine....if the job isn't for you that's fine....no reason to bash the agency mission...

Judging them by arrests would be like judging the US Marshals solely on how many federal witnesses they stop from dying or being attacked yearly while under their protection, or the FBI solely by how many terrorist acts they stop yearly.... Maybe these are poor examples but you get the point...why would you judge their work performance off of it when it is such a small part of what they do if at all?...the same logic applies to the FAMS ...their mission is very narrow compared to many FEDs....how much "crime" happens on a daily basis in the air? Not alot compared to the street obviously...again they aren't on a plane to arrest people even though they will if need be...they are on to stop another 9/11
                Last edited by DaShwstoppahbk; 04-05-2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Maybe that's because just about NO ONE has had much "justification" for new hiring since that time. My agency has hired almost zilch. And by 2009, if an agency hadn't already stopped hiring, they had slowed considerably.

Federal law enforcement has been on a gravy train since 9/11. With two wars and an economy gone into the toilet since that time, a slowdown was inevitable. Unless you're the FBI - which always seems to be more adept at getting money than anyone else.

But there are thousands of Feds who came on since then who think this is some horrible anomaly. It isn't. Welcome to pre-9/11 hiring, Part II. And it'll probably be this way for some time, especially when the rest of the country is busy blaming the government workforce for the nation's financial woes.

I think the Senate Appropriations Committee has given the FAMS the same meager slice of the budgetary pie that they've given everyone else, for the same reasons. Whether they use that money to hire people or not is up to them. But to say that they haven't had a vacancy or that the committee gave them a smaller budget because the FAMS - as an agency - made only one arrest is the stupidest thing I've heard of. That's like saying that an agency which investigates wildlife crime might get less money because they didn't bring down any drug cartels.

As far as the big problems in the FAMS - they have the same problems everyone else does. The difference is that people who become FAMS and have never worked for another federal agency think their problems are so much worse. You want problems? Go back and be a FAM under the Tom Quinn regime. I worked with FAMS who were there back then and they'll NEVER say it's as bad now as it was circa 2002-2003.
                  Last edited by GreenLine; 04-05-2013, 10:56 PM.
                  "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

I just wanted to know if anyone ha any info on upcoming 1811 announcements. I could care less about who is right about the Air Marshals. Thanks

Comment

Usajobs is your friend. Set up an account with the alerts and they'll send them to you just about daily with new vacancies.

Comment

Any more rumors on agencies expected to post announcements?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4796 users online. 181 members and 4615 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X