300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Criminal Investigation Command

I'm hoping someone has some information on the 1811 positions for the Army Criminal Investigation Command. I couldn't find a whole lot of information on it. Are they basically civilian CID? Do they get LEAP/AUO? Are they sent to CITP? Do they hire other 1811s from outside the Army, or do they mostly hire mostly internally? What's the job like?

Originally posted by newguy1234 View Post
    Are they basically civilian CID?
    Yes....

Do they get LEAP
    Yes....

Are they sent to CITP?
    Nope....they go to CID Special Agent Training at Fort Leonard Wood, MO

Do they hire other 1811s from outside the Army, or do they mostly hire mostly internally?

Supposedly.... but what tends to happpens that they hire retired/former Military agents.

Myself and several others on here (that are overly qualified for the job) have applied to various annoucements and never get anything back....only to find out later that the spot was taken by a retired/former Military Agent.

What's the job like?
    Depends on the annoucements. Most of the time, they are looking for folks with experience in Fraud. Other annoucments have been for sex crimes and computer crimes. Occasionally there are supervisors jobs out there as well..... Just need to read the annoucement.....
    Last edited by Bearcat357; 12-29-2012, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Added....all the jobs open on USAJOBs are all Fraud Investigator's jobs....except one. It's for the Assistant Chief of Protective Operations.....

Comment

Thanks Bearcat, I sent you a PM too.

Comment

I sent you a PM .
          Replied....

Comment

I'm currently a CID Agent reservist. They will only pick from who they know. CID is different from any other LE gig. CID has its own way of doing things. Some people like it while others don't and leave. If you want to be a CID SA (1811), best way is to join the reserves or have been a army MP 31 series. Or have been through the army MP investigators course. Personally I wouldn't want to be a civilian 1811. Too many real live officers in your process. Take it for what's its worth.

Comment

Another thing, if its 1 vacancy the candidate is already picked before the announcement. Especially if the announcement mentions child abuse or fraud investigations.

Comment

Always former CID agents, like stated above they know who they want for the job before its posted.

Comment

The only way in us to either personally know the CW3 or the unit commander. Or find a CID recruiter enlist as an E-5. You will either have to have 2 years military or civilian LE experience. Once in the unit after 2-3 years you can apply for WO school. If your a civilian you must already have CITP. I have only seen a few non CID guys get in. In all instances, they knew and had relationships with agents already in the unit. They don't like outside blood coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Superjock22 View Post
                    Especially if the announcement mentions child abuse
                    And what a Goat Screw that was.....

5-6 hired for those jobs and only 1-2 made it thru things......rest quite because they didn't realize they could be deployed and one quit because she didn't realize she'd be packing a weapon....

But yet, there were others they interviewed that would have been happy with the position and stayed with it....because they know the Army deal and know that its and armed position.....

Comment

Bearcat what region you located in and I can give you some contacts to call and visit to get your name and face out there.. That's the ONLY way to get in..

Comment

Originally posted by Superjock22 View Post
                        Bearcat what region you located in and I can give you some contacts to call and visit to get your name and face out there.. That's the ONLY way to get in..
                        They all know me already....

Nothing going on out here anymore...so moot point for now......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6791 users online. 273 members and 6518 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X