Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manno332
    replied
    Has anyone interviewed for these positions yet?

Leave a comment:

• FTRthnU
    replied
    Originally posted by diveman_21 View Post
    So would my Maryland certification be considered? I guess I really won't mind go thru the whole academy; but, if I don't have to, that would be good also. So do they assign everyone a vehicle while in the academy or do students have to car pool?
    It's a case by case basis, not across the board for certain states. I could not tell you for certain one way or the other, you would need to apply.
    You will only make the pay differential if your in loudoun co, fairfax, prince William and Arlington. I think it's 15% increase but just so you know, cost of living there is about 35% higher than other areas.
    As for making the figures manno projected above, not saying he is wrong, I just never met any abc agent or sac making that. I should say that to make those figures, you need to have been on for many years and working in nova. Out of the nova area, your looking at starting at 40-45k and once to get some years on...50's? Still not bad don't get me wrong. Sweet job.

Leave a comment:

• shurebuddy
    replied
    This is sounding like a good gig for sure.

Leave a comment:

• diveman_21
    replied
    Originally posted by FTRthnU View Post
    If your certed in VA or in rare cases they accept another state or fed certs, you will head to Richmond for shortened academy/orientation. If your not certed or certs are not accepted Lynchburg regional academy is where they head now. Not sure how long they have been doing that now. As for pay, i know a few that have lateraled over at the 42-43k mark. Not bad if your not in Nova or tidewater area. The work isn't all that hard, coasting gig I like to call it.

So would my Maryland certification be considered? I guess I really won't mind go thru the whole academy; but, if I don't have to, that would be good also. So do they assign everyone a vehicle while in the academy or do students have to car pool?
    Last edited by diveman_21; 12-07-2012, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• manno332
    replied
    The starting lateral pay is around mid 40's for anything outside of Northern Virginia, the average SA in NOVA makes around 58k-65k. The average ASAC/SSA in NOVA makes around 68k-76k. There is not a max but the SAC's range from 80k-102k or so in NOVA, about 15% less everywhere else. Excellent retirement or change in pace gig. The best work schedule in the state.

Leave a comment:

• diveman_21
    replied
    I'm not to sure about the retirement, I would have to look it up. I would be looking for your msg. From what Im reading it sounds like a real good position; especially, after someone has retired from another law enforcement career, like the streets of Balto.

Leave a comment:

• manstown
    replied
    How's that retirement? And just for the record....I have quite a few years before I leave my current gig. For some reason, this one just stirred up some curiosity.

Leave a comment:

• manstown
    replied
    We need to go off line with this one...I'll hit you up soon. I heard something about the next step, but didn't know that would be it.

Leave a comment:

• FTRthnU
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    Interesting. When I was toying with things back in 04/05ish, I would have done a "short academy" in Richmond. Did they recently change that.....or do they just find an Acadmey in stick you in it..?
    If your certed in VA or in rare cases they accept another state or fed certs, you will head to Richmond for shortened academy/orientation. If your not certed or certs are not accepted Lynchburg regional academy is where they head now. Not sure how long they have been doing that now. As for pay, i know a few that have lateraled over at the 42-43k mark. Not bad if your not in Nova or tidewater area. The work isn't all that hard, coasting gig I like to call it.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by FTRthnU View Post
    you'll head to Lynchburg for your academy.
    Interesting. When I was toying with things back in 04/05ish, I would have done a "short academy" in Richmond. Did they recently change that.....or do they just find an Acadmey in stick you in it..?

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by manstown View Post
    Just out of curiosity what do they start out making? From looking at the website, an ASAC makes just about 50k. And what's the max age to join. Looks like it could be a good retirement gig.
    --No max (OP looks like a retired/soon to retire ICE SA)
    --You better hurry, your Chief might latch on to spot like that.... and yeah....he's talking about going that route.....

Leave a comment:

• manstown
    replied
    Just out of curiosity what do they start out making? From looking at the website, an ASAC makes just about 50k. And what's the max age to join. Looks like it could be a good retirement gig.

Leave a comment:

• FTRthnU
    replied
    Since your not DCJS certed as LEO you'll head to Lynchburg for your academy. From what I hear they are putting y'all up in hotels during your stay, so technically it's "live in" but not... But it's not mind games and such during the night like VSP academy.

Leave a comment:

• diveman_21
    replied
    I haven't decided on a location yet. Its between Richmond or Chesapeake. I was certified as a PI; but, I'm expecting to go thru the long course of training. So is there any physical training, and is it a live in academy like FLETC?

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Thanks for the info. As stated, I kick myself in the *** at times for not finishing things up with them. Opted to go Fed and it sucked...

Though, it eventually turned out well for me....

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10544 users online. 488 members and 10056 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X