Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co0311
    replied
    Does anyone who's gone through the process happen to have a timeline? Date applied, interview, background, etc.

Leave a comment:

• HapkidoKa
    replied
    wrong thread
    Last edited by HapkidoKa; 04-23-2014, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AlreadyFedLeo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kgov02 View Post
    Did everybody else get the Referred email today also? Last time i put in for this position i scored a 105 wasn't BQ. Good luck to all, may be my only way in the USMS now...
    I got my referred email for San Diego and Portland.

Leave a comment:

• Kgov02
    replied
    Did everybody else get the Referred email today also? Last time i put in for this position i scored a 105 wasn't BQ. Good luck to all, may be my only way in the USMS now...

Leave a comment:

• Firefox
    replied
    Originally posted by DDixon1000 View Post
    Didn't see the opening your talking about but one open to all U.S. Citizens (not limited to VEOA or status candidates) closed a few days back for San Diego. The announcement number was CK784648NF and can still be viewed on USAjobs. It was open from Nov 19-26th I believe.
    Yeah there was two announcements but they were for the same 5 positions, basically the only way that the open announcement people would get hired was if there were not enough qualified applicants for the status announcement.

Leave a comment:

• DDixon1000
    replied
    Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Since it's current employees and VEOA eligible only, you have to search under "current federal employee" not "all us citizens".
    Didn't see the opening your talking about but one open to all U.S. Citizens (not limited to VEOA or status candidates) closed a few days back for San Diego. The announcement number was CK784648NF and can still be viewed on USAjobs. It was open from Nov 19-26th I believe.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFox2
    replied
    Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
    Well you know what they say, 94 districts...........
    Even Districts within the same state have different SOPs.

Leave a comment:

• jtl323
    replied
    Well you know what they say, 94 districts...........

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFox2
    replied
    Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
    Im aware that they can carry firearms based on federal law, but per USMS policy that supersedes that:
    "USMS employees of the GS-1802 series (Detention/Aviation Enforcement Officers) are not authorized to carry USMS issued firearms or less lethal devices off duty."

USMS policy 2.3 Firearms, pg 3, subsection (b).

then under (4) it states
    4) These employees are considered law enforcement officers for the purposes of the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 and may choose to carry personally owned firearms off duty if all other provisions of the Act are met. The carrying of firearms under the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act is in a personal capacity and not under the authority of the USMS and does not confer law enforcement authority on the employee.

So, if you carry, you are carrying as a private citizen , no different than any other joe on the street.
    That will depend on the District that you work. In my District we were authorized to carry issued USMS firearms and personal owned firearms off duty nationwide with your credentials. You just had to qualify with your issued and personal and have that information on your 333. This was authorized by the District Marshal.

Leave a comment:

• Raidergx
    replied
    Same policy as BOP pretty much, "Carry at your own risk" but isn't that what it is anyways. Who cares it is a job that pays over 45k M-F weekends Holidays off.

Leave a comment:

• jtl323
    replied
    Originally posted by DeltaFox2 View Post
    The first part of your post is correct. However, DEOs are FLEOs and can carry off duty 24/7 per LEOSA.
    For DEOs the pay grade goes to GL-7/10. For Lead DEOs , GL-8/10 and GS-11 for supervisory DEOs.
    There is no LEAP but OT is available depending on the District. DUSM 082 positions are not guaranteed but you can get merit promoted to DUSM like myself after 1 year on the job. The last merit promotion for DEOs was Oct, 2010 and the next one won’t happen for at least 18 months.
    Im aware that they can carry firearms based on federal law, but per USMS policy that supersedes that:
    "USMS employees of the GS-1802 series (Detention/Aviation Enforcement Officers) are not authorized to carry USMS issued firearms or less lethal devices off duty."

USMS policy 2.3 Firearms, pg 3, subsection (b).

then under (4) it states
    4) These employees are considered law enforcement officers for the purposes of the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 and may choose to carry personally owned firearms off duty if all other provisions of the Act are met. The carrying of firearms under the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act is in a personal capacity and not under the authority of the USMS and does not confer law enforcement authority on the employee.

So, if you carry, you are carrying as a private citizen , no different than any other joe on the street.
    Last edited by jtl323; 11-29-2012, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Firefox
    replied
    I applied last week.. Now its the sit back and wait game.

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    Originally posted by semper03 View Post
    That is weird. I just searched "Detention Enforcement Officer" today on USAJOBS and could not find it.
    Since it's current employees and VEOA eligible only, you have to search under "current federal employee" not "all us citizens".

Leave a comment:

• semper03
    replied
    That is weird. I just searched "Detention Enforcement Officer" today on USAJOBS and could not find it.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFox2
    replied
    Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
    Are they hiring? What's the website?
    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/331602300

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9126 users online. 455 members and 8671 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X