• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• semper03
    replied
    Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
    Are they hiring? What's the website?
    No, there was a CA announcement up but it's gone now. The website is USAJOBS, set up auto announcements if you are interested.

Leave a comment:

• MPDCjock
    replied
    Are they hiring? What's the website?

Leave a comment:

• nycfed
    replied
    I don't comment ever on carry capabilities of anyone on a public board, deo can be a good job or a dead end dependant on the district you work in.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFox2
    replied
    Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
    The work is what it sounds like. You work in the cellblock, managing prisoners. Now, with the caveat that every district is different, some do have their DEOs do out of office transports, and you are/can be armed on duty. However, DEOs are not authorized to carry firearms off duty unlike DUSMs.
    The pay grade range is Gs5-9 starting (usually) with progression to.....i don't know actually. Have to look at that. However, you do NOT earn LEAP as you would as a criminal investigator, so your salary will be limited.
    How long one has to wait to get an 1811 position? Somewhere between 2 years and forever. You are not automatically guaranteed, nor is it an automatic consideration. You have to apply to the announcements like everyone else, or sometimes there are in-house announcements only for DEOs and support staff. You have to take the job knowing you may never be a DUSM, i wouldn't count on anything.
    The first part of your post is correct. However, DEOs are FLEOs and can carry off duty 24/7 per LEOSA.
    For DEOs the pay grade goes to GL-7/10. For Lead DEOs , GL-8/10 and GS-11 for supervisory DEOs.
    There is no LEAP but OT is available depending on the District. DUSM 082 positions are not guaranteed but you can get merit promoted to DUSM like myself after 1 year on the job. The last merit promotion for DEOs was Oct, 2010 and the next one won’t happen for at least 18 months.

Leave a comment:

• jtl323
    replied
    The work is what it sounds like. You work in the cellblock, managing prisoners. Now, with the caveat that every district is different, some do have their DEOs do out of office transports, and you are/can be armed on duty. However, DEOs are not authorized to carry firearms off duty unlike DUSMs.
    The pay grade range is Gs5-9 starting (usually) with progression to.....i don't know actually. Have to look at that. However, you do NOT earn LEAP as you would as a criminal investigator, so your salary will be limited.
    How long one has to wait to get an 1811 position? Somewhere between 2 years and forever. You are not automatically guaranteed, nor is it an automatic consideration. You have to apply to the announcements like everyone else, or sometimes there are in-house announcements only for DEOs and support staff. You have to take the job knowing you may never be a DUSM, i wouldn't count on anything.

Leave a comment:

• BoricuaLEO
    started a topic Detention Enforcement Officer, US Marshals

Detention Enforcement Officer, US Marshals

I have researched about this position and found some threads which are pretty old. Is there anyone who can provide current info on this position? Work, pay, transfers, etc. Also, how hard or how long one has to wait to be considered for an 1811 position? Thanks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10190 users online. 498 members and 9692 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X