Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received a referral for the Brentwood, TN announcement (GS07) that closed on 11 April 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean_82 View Post
      Just received a referral for the Brentwood, TN announcement (GS07) that closed on 11 April 2016.
      Are you a veteran?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraud Investigator View Post
        Are you a veteran?
        Yes, 10 pt.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
          I truly am surprised how man "another candidate was selected" or "you scored eligible but weren't among the best..." emails I have gotten. Current CI, 10 point veteran, masters degree, experience, and I am still not getting next round consideration. I did have one ASAC tell me that regardless of how hot your resume is they really look at out of town applicants with skepticism. I guess they don't think one will foot their own bill for relocation. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.
          It varies by ASAC. Hiring ASACs narrows the list, and a panel interview is conducted. HQ can and will override SAC/ASAC selection to select who they desire, but a good SAC will tell HQ to back off and push for their selectee. Hiring is either veterans, internal from SSA, internal from SSA OIG. It has been a mix of 1811s and non 1811s. A lot of recruiting or canvasing occurs at the local level. Local SAs putting the word out to interested applicants that are a known vs unknown.

There will be slow and steady expansion of the ranks to return to previous staffing levels.
          ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Comment

• The way these SSA-OIG positions usually work is, they either hire from internally or hire a lateral from another fed agency. For example, the Boston office recently hired an 1811 from USSS and an SSA civilian employee to fill open 1811 positions.

Comment

Just received a referral for the Brentwood, TN announcement (GS07) that closed on 11 April 2016.
              Same. Would've been nice to see a time line with this one

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here, also a 10 pt vet

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
                  Same here, also a 10 pt vet
                  Anything happen with it

Sent from my SNES using Tapatalk
                  Peace out...war in!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9169 users online. 349 members and 8820 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X