300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dhs oig 1811

I researched this position but, cannot find much information about it. I'm curious what their job entails but, my two main questions are: do they get LEAP and why do they only go up to GS-12?

Yes they get LEAP and they go up to GS13. They may Bly be hiring for up to a GS12. Are you already a 1811?. DHS OIG usually takes people with 1811 experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Superjock22 View Post
      Yes they get LEAP and they go up to GS13. They may Bly be hiring for up to a GS12. Are you already a 1811?. DHS OIG usually takes people with 1811 experience.
      No, sir. I only have local investigator experience, college and military but, today I seen that the application has been referred for selection. Not getting my hopes up but, just got me curious as to what exactly is all involved with this position. The posting said that promotion potential was GS-12 and said nothing about LEAP thats why I was curious.

Comment

With several OIGs the 13 isn't automatic (SSA, HHS, DHS) to name a few. Do all SA get there? Yes, but often times there is internal process (usually means, when the SAC thinks you are ready, some have a check list). It's kind of like IRS or DEA they get 13 but necessarily automatic, but if you doing your job you will get it. The longest i've seen some stay a 12 was 3 years before they got their 13.
        ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Comment

If it's OIG it's always going to be fraud, waste and abuse. That's what the job entails. LEAP is included.
          Last edited by manstown; 09-25-2012, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Your chances of being hired by DHS OIG are MUCH better if you want to work on the Southern border. Border corruption is the priority right now. Unfortunately, budget cuts may hit the agency pretty hard. Not sure there will be much hiring in the near future. All vacancies are posted to USAJobs though.

...and yes, you earn LEAP and your 13 is pretty much "automatic".
            "...the complacency of fools will destroy them." Proverbs 1:32

Comment

Makes more sense now. Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

I got referred for this position is there any new information about this job description

Comment

Originally posted by jimmycoughdrops View Post
                  I got referred for this position is there any new information about this job description
                  No movement.

Comment

Has anyone progressed in the application process?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Referred 06/07/2016. Nothing since.

Question for the forum. Anyone know if being referred "stops the clock" for the age limit of 37? For USSS the conditional offer stops the clock. I read that for some agencies being referred could stop it.

Comment

I was always under the impression that as long as you turned 37 by the close of the announcement regardless if you were referred or not stopped the clock but I am not 100% sure of that. I also know some agencies will honor military time and thus extend that 37 cut off while other agencies don't.

Comment

Originally posted by federale083 View Post
                          Your chances of being hired by DHS OIG are MUCH better if you want to work on the Southern border. Border corruption is the priority right now. Unfortunately, budget cuts may hit the agency pretty hard. Not sure there will be much hiring in the near future. All vacancies are posted to USAJobs though.

...and yes, you earn LEAP and your 13 is pretty much "automatic".
                          I can speak firsthand about being the victim of budget cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by manstown View Post
                            If it's OIG it's always going to be fraud, waste and abuse. That's what the job entails. LEAP is included.
                            DHS-OIG does a lot of IA stuff. They investigate criminal allegations against DHS employee including CBP, HSI, ICE, etc.
                            They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Has anyone moved up in the process or know what the process for this particular position is like? I applied for the D.C location and got referred in April. I've heard nothing since than.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8426 users online. 336 members and 8090 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X