Civilian Army CID

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilian Army CID

I've been trying to get into the Army CID civilian positions. I'm 31 with 6 years of federal leo with a land management agency but I'm not a vet. Any suggestions.

CID tends to look for folks with Criminal Investigation and Fraud Investigation backgrounds..... as one of the main units that uses Civilian Agents is the Fraud Unit.

A lot of the slots go to Enlisted Agents that do their time on the Enlisted side of the house then get out.....no need to send them thru CID School at FLW as there are no waivers no matter how much experience you have.

Comment

I have seen it happen, but it's rare.. In most openings, the unit already knows who hey are gong to choose. The application process is just a technicality for legal issues..

Comment

If you really want in... Either enlist or apply for warrant in the USAR as CID. I now a couple guys who did this.

Comment

Originally posted by Superjock22 View Post
          I have seen it happen, but it's rare.. In most openings, the unit already knows who hey are gong to choose. The application process is just a technicality for legal issues..
          I've gottten my resume pulled a few times....but never a call. I finally got a hold of some folks at HQ that I know and posted what I was told.... but they said from time-to-time they will look outside that and hire others that quailify.

Comment

I had a good buddy of mine who was a fraud guy with AFOSI - he worked really closely with CID (MPFU) and eventually got picked up by them. He's a FLETC grad and did not have to attend any follow-on academy with CID either. I know it helped out a lot that he worked closely with the same office that picked him up. Through talking with him, Bearcat is on point. They don't do a whole lot of hiring outside of former CID enlisted folks. That said, when they do hire outside they typically go towards folks they know, have worked with, or get a recommendation from somone currently working in that office. Regardless, if you dont apply you certianly wont get picked up. I've applied to over 100 1811 positions within the last year (many with CID) and just now got picked up with another agency. It seems 1811 positions are getting harder to come by now then they were a few years ago. Keep applying!
            Last edited by RMS1811; 06-04-2012, 08:39 AM. Reason: info

Comment

I know a former NPS Ranger who is with CID. He never attended Army CID basic as they accepted his CITP from FLETC so it can happen. I would reach out the office you are interested and put a face with application.
              ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Comment

Originally posted by OIG1811 View Post
                I know a former NPS Ranger who is with CID. He never attended Army CID basic as they accepted his CITP from FLETC so it can happen. I would reach out the office you are interested and put a face with application.
                Thats possible for the Fraud Unit as they list the location....but some of the ones I've been knocking at were at HQ and no one seems to know who is hiring for what spot when you inquire.....

Silly bastards did pull mine for a gig out here.... Too bad they've never called...nor have I got the screw off email.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                  Thats possible for the Fraud Unit as they list the location....but some of the ones I've been knocking at were at HQ and no one seems to know who is hiring for what spot when you inquire.....

Silly bastards did pull mine for a gig out here.... Too bad they've never called...nor have I got the screw off email.....
                  If you already an 1811 it's cheaper for CID to hire you. This is why they prefer hiring separated enlisted and WO CID agents. Never hurts to apply though..

Comment

I applied to one recently and received a referred to selecting official email and then within an hour received a not selected email. I assume many of these positions are spoken for as stated above.

Comment

If you already an 1811 it's cheaper for CID to hire you. This is why they prefer hiring separated enlisted and WO CID agents. Never hurts to apply though..
                      True....but when some of the annoucements state you don't need FLETC/CID school as they will use what you have.... I've got a 900 hour academy plus over 2K worth of continuing ed....plus 10 years in the field as a Investigator..... it tends to leave you a bit boggled that they don't call.

It is what it is .....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                        True....but when some of the annoucements state you don't need FLETC/CID school as they will use what you have.... I've got a 900 hour academy plus over 2K worth of continuing ed....plus 10 years in the field as a Investigator..... it tends to leave you a bit boggled that they don't call.

It is what it is .....
                        In open announcements they will automatically state that FLETC CID school is required as a prerequisite. But the truth is they rarely hire outside CID. I have seen non CID personnel get in, but it's rare. I was interviewd a few times and this was the info that was passed along to me from a supervisor.

Comment

In open announcements they will automatically state that FLETC CID school is required as a prerequisite. But the truth is they rarely hire outside CID. I have seen non CID personnel get in, but it's rare. I was interviewd a few times and this was the info that was passed along to me from a supervisor.
                          As stated above, I know folks within CID and we've chatted..... it is what it is.

Same with the entire Sex Crimes Investigator mess. They wanted to hire completely outside folks to do the stuff.... Sent 6-7 of the new hires to CID School....and 1 graduated. Several quit because they didn't like going to schol.....and several of the others quit because they didn't freaking realize they had to carry guns and might have to deal with bad people.....

Big Army was ticked at the hiring folks on that one....and I doubt they ever get to hire folks again....which is a good thing....

Oh well....I maybe going to Europe for the AF as a GS-13/14 and just stop toying with crap like this...

Comment

i think well rounded "civlian" agent core is a good thing. Too many of them still think like the military, which is fine b/c it is "military outfit", but civlians are not NCOs and shouldn't be treated as such. Civlians SA with various backgrounds bring change and innovation to the agency. Look at OSI, NCIS, CGIS, they have benefited from civiian SA. I think the civilians think like cops while many of the CID guys think like military. Check their weapon, don't carry off duty, and don't think like "traditional cops". That is not to say they are not good SA but the agency could be so much more.

I know a civilian SA and his stories amaze me, CID management seems more concerned about shielding the brass the conducting "progressive criminal investigations".
                            ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Comment

Originally posted by OIG1811 View Post
                              i think well rounded "civlian" agent core is a good thing. Too many of them still think like the military, which is fine b/c it is "military outfit", but civlians are not NCOs and shouldn't be treated as such. Civlians SA with various backgrounds bring change and innovation to the agency. Look at OSI, NCIS, CGIS, they have benefited from civiian SA. I think the civilians think like cops while many of the CID guys think like military. Check their weapon, don't carry off duty, and don't think like "traditional cops". That is not to say they are not good SA but the agency could be so much more.

I know a civilian SA and his stories amaze me, CID management seems more concerned about shielding the brass the conducting "progressive criminal investigations".
                              Good post and I agree with you.

Too bad CID doesn't send their folks to FLETC and do add on at FLW. I think it would give the SA's a better mindset than by just going to CID School. And yes, I've said this at meetings while working for the Army and got death stares.....

Oh well.....it is what it is.....

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4117 users online. 134 members and 3983 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X