X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnnyV
    started a topic Fda 1811

Fda 1811

Anyone apply to the opening in April and heard anything?

• Flashrick5
    replied
    Reliable source said interviews could go into January due to the high volume of applicants.

Leave a comment:

• Flashrick5
    replied
    No contact yet. Was told the cert was out and HR seemed surprised no interview calls went out. So maybe we are SOL ?

I know another agent applied, 12 years exp, speaks three languages, task force, etc no call for him as well. So they either have not come out, or they have specific group of people already in mind.

Leave a comment:

• CT43
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
    I heard the list just came out so it will be a while to do interviews, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Has anyone been called for an interview. HR told me I had been referred and that the cert list was due back to HR by 12/24 but have not been contacted for an interview.

Leave a comment:

• Flashrick5
    replied
    Thanks for the info JV. Looks like a pretty good gig; here is hoping to get the call.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyV
    replied
    I heard the list just came out so it will be a while to do interviews, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Flashrick5
    replied
    Anyone apply to the new announcement in October? I was told by HR that I was on the cert but not sure if they pushed out for interviews yet. I live down the road from the LA Field office so I am a cheap move.

Leave a comment:

• SHU
    replied
    Originally posted by OIG1811 View Post
    Not surprising. Since I've been with my current agency, they have:

1. Direct hired individuals to 1811 positions w/out ever advertising i.e. 1801-13 to 1811-13. No need for an announcement b/c it isn't competitive b/c the person already has the grade and this has even occured across agency.

2. Solicit resumes by word of mouth, conduct interviews, and direct hire w/out any announcement using "veteran non competitive" direct hire authorities.

3. Solicit resumes by word of mouth, conduct interviews, fly vacancy, get list and just select subject that made list that they previously interviewed. I guess you could say it is no different than some one showing up in the office and introducing themselves to the SAC even before there was an announcement.

4. Lateral 1811 from other agencies with no announcement, again, technically it isn't competitve b/c the person already has the grade.

I'm often asked by other 1811, I never see positions fly with your agency, now I know why majority are filled by above methods before an open announcement.
    Some of that stuff sounds illegal. But I can't say I'm surprised.

Leave a comment:

• myty7
    replied
    Anyone with FDA OCI willing to answer a question about the job? Please PM me. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Bird_dog
    replied
    1801_1811 how did interview go?

Leave a comment:

• OIG1811
    replied
    Not surprising. Since I've been with my current agency, they have:

1. Direct hired individuals to 1811 positions w/out ever advertising i.e. 1801-13 to 1811-13. No need for an announcement b/c it isn't competitive b/c the person already has the grade and this has even occured across agency.

2. Solicit resumes by word of mouth, conduct interviews, and direct hire w/out any announcement using "veteran non competitive" direct hire authorities.

3. Solicit resumes by word of mouth, conduct interviews, fly vacancy, get list and just select subject that made list that they previously interviewed. I guess you could say it is no different than some one showing up in the office and introducing themselves to the SAC even before there was an announcement.

4. Lateral 1811 from other agencies with no announcement, again, technically it isn't competitve b/c the person already has the grade.

I'm often asked by other 1811, I never see positions fly with your agency, now I know why majority are filled by above methods before an open announcement.

Leave a comment:

• manstown
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugfat View Post
    Forgot to mention. Word is they are filling some spots with internal transfers. No big deal as that should be expected but why do a nationwide announcement, for 10 spots, and allow internals first dibs? Why not just originally list it as FDA OCI employees only? Asinine.
    Why not give first dibs to the people that have already been on the job? People took the job to get in with the hopes of getting the opportunity of getting to where they want to be. Now the process starts all over again. Since they don't know who will move or where they will move from, they make it a nationwide announcement because anywhere in the nation could get spots. Those spots will come from the people they allow to transfer to different offices. Not asinine at all. Makes perfect sense if you think about it. Keep the people that work for you happy and allow new folks to come in who want the job......everyone wins.

Leave a comment:

• 1801_1811
    replied
    I received a call this week for interview set up. Was told PCS money no longer offered. But, still interested.

Leave a comment:

• Bird_dog
    replied
    Chugfat I just sent you a PM

Leave a comment:

• Chugfat
    replied
    Post Deleted
    Last edited by Piko; 03-01-2015, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7455 users online. 357 members and 7098 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X