300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Deleted
    Last edited by Piko; 03-01-2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Good luck to those that made the list. Unfortunately I didn't make it this time.

Comment

How long ago did people receive their notifications? I'm still waiting to hear something.

Comment

I called HR yesterday and they said they sent out emails to those who made the cert list.

Comment

Post Deleted

Comment

Received my notification also on the 3rd. Has anyone been called for an interview?

Comment

Post Deleted

Comment

Post Deleted

Comment

Chugfat I just sent you a PM

Comment

I received a call this week for interview set up. Was told PCS money no longer offered. But, still interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugfat View Post
                        Forgot to mention. Word is they are filling some spots with internal transfers. No big deal as that should be expected but why do a nationwide announcement, for 10 spots, and allow internals first dibs? Why not just originally list it as FDA OCI employees only? Asinine.
                        Why not give first dibs to the people that have already been on the job? People took the job to get in with the hopes of getting the opportunity of getting to where they want to be. Now the process starts all over again. Since they don't know who will move or where they will move from, they make it a nationwide announcement because anywhere in the nation could get spots. Those spots will come from the people they allow to transfer to different offices. Not asinine at all. Makes perfect sense if you think about it. Keep the people that work for you happy and allow new folks to come in who want the job......everyone wins.

Comment

Not surprising. Since I've been with my current agency, they have:

1. Direct hired individuals to 1811 positions w/out ever advertising i.e. 1801-13 to 1811-13. No need for an announcement b/c it isn't competitive b/c the person already has the grade and this has even occured across agency.

2. Solicit resumes by word of mouth, conduct interviews, and direct hire w/out any announcement using "veteran non competitive" direct hire authorities.

3. Solicit resumes by word of mouth, conduct interviews, fly vacancy, get list and just select subject that made list that they previously interviewed. I guess you could say it is no different than some one showing up in the office and introducing themselves to the SAC even before there was an announcement.

4. Lateral 1811 from other agencies with no announcement, again, technically it isn't competitve b/c the person already has the grade.

I'm often asked by other 1811, I never see positions fly with your agency, now I know why majority are filled by above methods before an open announcement.
                          ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Comment

1801_1811 how did interview go?

Comment

Anyone with FDA OCI willing to answer a question about the job? Please PM me. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by OIG1811 View Post
                                Not surprising. Since I've been with my current agency, they have:

1. Direct hired individuals to 1811 positions w/out ever advertising i.e. 1801-13 to 1811-13. No need for an announcement b/c it isn't competitive b/c the person already has the grade and this has even occured across agency.

2. Solicit resumes by word of mouth, conduct interviews, and direct hire w/out any announcement using "veteran non competitive" direct hire authorities.

3. Solicit resumes by word of mouth, conduct interviews, fly vacancy, get list and just select subject that made list that they previously interviewed. I guess you could say it is no different than some one showing up in the office and introducing themselves to the SAC even before there was an announcement.

4. Lateral 1811 from other agencies with no announcement, again, technically it isn't competitve b/c the person already has the grade.

I'm often asked by other 1811, I never see positions fly with your agency, now I know why majority are filled by above methods before an open announcement.
                                Some of that stuff sounds illegal. But I can't say I'm surprised.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8255 users online. 424 members and 7831 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X