300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I just quit?

I'm a 20 something man with a masters degree and some military experience. Recently I applied to an agency but withheld information regarding applying to other agencies and was withdrew from the current process. Reason I withheld info was because I was told by a retired cop that I wouldn't get found out about it. At the other agency I admitted to some drug use (marijuana a few times) nothing else.

My question is should I continue to purse this career choice or go back to school for a health carre profession.

You should just quit. If you are asking advice from people you dont know on your own ambition...Not trying to be a Richard here, but if you need to ask, then you already know the answer. There are a lot of us here that have education and military and we are all competing for a federal LE position. My advice to you would be get some LE experience somewhere and build your resume, thats what I'm trying to do. Oh and an FYI, dont withhold information from any LE agency, it will only set you back. Look at it this way, would you want to work for an agency that couldnt find " petty information" on you?

Comment

What he said. Not smart to withhold stupid things like that..if you do continue your LE path, don't withhold ANYTHING. Sooner or later, they will find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hlong18 View Post
        I'm a 20 something man with a masters degree and some military experience. Recently I applied to an agency but withheld information regarding applying to other agencies and was withdrew from the current process. Reason I withheld info was because I was told by a retired cop that I wouldn't get found out about it. At the other agency I admitted to some drug use (marijuana a few times) nothing else.

My question is should I continue to purse this career choice or go back to school for a health carre profession.
        Get outta here.
        I see dumb people in the mirror.

Comment

....must be catholic

Comment

Much appreciated, that last app will be the last process I will go through. I pursue other areas of interest.

Comment

No need for rudeness I was only asking a legit question, no need to act like all cops are angels.

Comment

No need for rudeness I was only asking a legit question, no need to act like all cops are angels.
                You have to look at it like the agency does. If you withhold information, even minor stuff, what is to stop you from withholding information on a report or affidavit. Departments view integrity as a slippery slope, i.e. free cup of coffee leads to you selling 20 kilos of cocaine on duty...

Im not suggesting your anything other than upstanding, but thats just how they view these things during a hiring process. Everyone knows that not all cops are saints, and if you appear to be one on paper, then they know you are probably telling a lie. Better to air out your dirty laundry to them up front, before they find it, and appear to have put it behind you.

If LE is what you really want to do, then pursue it.. but if you think it might just be a fun job and your on the fence, you might look elsewhere. Its a fun job, but there is a TON of inherent stress thats going to come with it, and if your not 110% committed to the cause, you can get yourself or someone else hurt. Best of luck!

Comment

I really don't see a reason to quit applying to LE agencies. Just be open and honest. No big deal

Comment

Much appreciated, that last app will be the last process I will go through. I pursue other areas of interest.
                    You're 20 something, with a masters degree, and military experience...and you quit after four strangers on an internet forum tell you to quit??!! Is it hard to work your computer with your crayons and helmet?

Comment

Lesson learned. Now you know a little bit about the going ons with LE process'.

Helmet and crayons reference........priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by owg View Post
                        You're 20 something, with a masters degree, and military experience...and you quit after four strangers on an internet forum tell you to quit??!! Is it hard to work your computer with your crayons and helmet?
                        Hence why I told to him quit.
                        I see dumb people in the mirror.

Comment

Yes. Before you get somebody killed. Quitting is endemic: you quit once (or even think about it), you'll quit again. So, yes, quitting now would prevent you from having a future partner or teammate killed.

Comment

Originally posted by owg View Post
                            Best post ever! When I first opened this thread, I had to wonder if this guy was serious.

Hlong, the other guys are right -- at this point in your life, do something else. If you can't find the motivation to apply for these jobs on your own, you probably aren't going to be doing anyone (future co-workers and citizens) any good. And it doesn't help that you lied about a little marijuana use in the past, and failed to disclose applications to other agencies. If there is one thing that will end a career in law enforcement, its lying.
                            "These aren't my pants"

Comment

To the OP: Just go shoot yourself...You are waste of oxygen and stealing said oxtgen from those who need it. You were in the Military and wait to quit....your a waste

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6580 users online. 357 members and 6223 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X