300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOP Correctional Officer

I recently interviewed for a CO position at Phoenix FCI. Are there any former or current BOP CO's that I can ask some questions to either on the main forum or through PM? Anyone that currently works at Phoenix FCI, would be of special interest to me.

You can PM me your questions.

Comment

Does BOP operate the Adelanto, CA prison? Is Adelanto hiring?
      Timelines:

CBPO
      App: 2/12/09
      Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
      Written: 2/20/09
      NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
      TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
      App: 5/5/09
      Geo: San Diego
      Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
      NOR: 7/20/09
      Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
      TO: 10/6/09
      Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
      Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
      Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
      App: 8/17/10
      Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
      TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

If you're referring to FCC Victorville, yes. Click on the following link to apply with the BOP. Only select the prisons that you're willing to work as those will be the ones you'll receive consideration for. If you're a vet be sure to add that to your resume and your DD214.

http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/310926400

Comment

Got an email from Herlong, it said they are looking to hire 30 and that I was selected to continue in the process. I advised them that I will be deployed so cannot continue right now. Just letting everyone know that there is movement at Herlong.
          Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
            Got an email from Herlong, it said they are looking to hire 30 and that I was selected to continue in the process. I advised them that I will be deployed so cannot continue right now. Just letting everyone know that there is movement at Herlong.
            I got the same thing but unfortunately I am not looking to move that far away from Georgia...oh well

Comment

I got the Herlong email as well, I had two other prisons that I picked. I wonder why they sent that out?

Comment

I've gotten that same email too! Question I know Herlong, is in California to my knowledge, what I want to know is how far is it from Los Angles?

Comment

I've gotten that same email as well, and I applied to two others also but I'm wondering the same thing! Maybe they need people there bad!

Comment

If there are any BOP CO's that work Herlong and would like to share some information on the facility please do so! I would like to know how is it there and is there a lot of over time? How far is Herlong from Los Angles?

Comment

Originally posted by Trusty1229 View Post
                      If there are any BOP CO's that work Herlong and would like to share some information on the facility please do so! I would like to know how is it there and is there a lot of over time? How far is Herlong from Los Angles?
                      You need to be patient. Triple posting the same rephrased question within a few minutes of each other comes off as kinda immature.

And the answer is no way. Herlong is near Susanville, a semi-depressed town in northern California whose only industries left are FCI Herlong, and 2 big CDCR prisons down the road from it. Sierra Army Depot is also an hour drive from there; they are the areas' main employers. Susanville is not very large; if you like the idea of a country/rural-like living environment you may like it. If you're looking for city lifestyle, you will quickly hate it.
                      Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

Trusy, try googling it. Herlong, Ca to LA, CA. It's very easy. Herlong is located in northern CA. The closest "big" city is Reno, NV. Herlong is in the middle of the high desert. Extreme heat in the summers and lots of snow in the winters. Good place to get your foot in the door in federal LE.

Comment

I was told to submit my OF-5 for MCC Chicago, I submitted it stating that I was unable to proceed due to being on military duty for the next year. Does MCC Chicago hire often or was this my only chance at getting an interview? Thanks.
                          Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

I just got the request to submit an OF5 for USP Atlanta. If anyone else has put in for that area keep an eye out for an email.

Comment

I just got the request to submit an OF-5 for USP Leavenworth. Interview and test date scheduled for 17 August 2016. Anyone out there currently applying for the BOP?
                              May you meet upon the level and part upon the square
                              USPIS

Applied:
                              01/28/2019
                              Exam Part 1 Passed: 01/28/2019
                              eCAP Submitted: 01/29/2019
                              Info Exchange: ?

CBPO, GEO: Midwest

Applied on: 05/05/14
                              CBPO Exam: 6/12/14
                              NOR:7/14/14=score 86 (with VET preference)
                              TSL: 8/1/14
                              EQIP/FINGERPRINTS- 8/14/14
                              MED/PFT1: 8/29/14
                              VBT/SI: 09/19/14
                              POLY: 11/03/14
                              BI: Passed Feb 2015
                              EOD: Turned down the offer due to an undesired location

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5335 users online. 204 members and 5131 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X