Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celo182
    commented on 's reply
    I was a 12/5 when I came on as a 7/10 with ATF after waiting 3 years. Yea the pay cut sucks big time but the job is awesome. Don’t bail if you can pinch pennies for awhile, I think you could end up regretting it. Pay bumps go quick especially since you’re at the academy for 7 of the first 12 months.
    Last edited by Celo182; 12-09-2019, 09:57 PM.

• MDPO32
    commented on 's reply
    Check your PM

• Pat1686
    replied
    Well after nearly 4 years I am officially pulling the plug on ATF. I was offered a GS7 and I am a current GS12-1811. No matter what you are currently doing, have done in the years since you applied, or how much you make, the department will only bring you in based on what you submitted to ATF at the time of the application. They base everything off of your resume at the time you applied. Its really unfortunate that this happened as I had high hopes of being matched somewhat closer to what I am now on the 12 scale (which would be a 9/10). Due to the policies in place, the department is unwilling to negotiate anything. I say this information with a heavy heart as I really wanted to join the agency and also with a bit of frustration. It also frustrates me when my friends who are current supervisory agents within the department agree with me when I talk about how this process has been and how my qualifications now and what I have don't count for anything. They agree that the process is rather ridiculous.

I wanted to post this for all of the current 1811s on this thread so you can have more information available to you when and if the time does come for you to get an offer. I believe the ATF is doing itself an extreme disservice by basing offers solely on qualifications at the time of application. It only furthers my belief in this when I talk to current supervisory special agents within the department who also mimic many of my concerns. When the application process takes years—in my case almost four—an applicant’s qualifications can change tremendously. For the sake of the ATF, I do hope the agency changes its policies otherwise the department will be missing out on qualified candidates from all experience levels.

Godspeed gentlemen! I wish you all the luck and hope you all get join join this great agency!

Leave a comment:

• Chifan12
    replied
    Any rumors on class dates. Today is my one year anniversary of Medical clearance and first "final" preference sheet....a whole year of no news!! Woo hoo

Leave a comment:

• P.K. Highsmith
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldn’t phrase it that way. The larger the city, the larger the field office, and the more slots available there. But at any given moment when someone is getting a job offer, there’s no guarantee that a slot will be open in NY or LA. I think Boston is actually pretty highly sought after. We just aren’t as big as some other agencies that seem to always be sending people to NY and LA.

• CUBroncs10
    replied
    Does the ATF have offices that always have openings because they are hard to fill? NY, LA, and Boston are always open for my agency so I was just wondering if the same were true here.

Leave a comment:

• obuck34
    commented on 's reply
    The first of a rumored 10 classes for FY20

• burton7218
    commented on 's reply
    So is that the first of supposedly two classes for FY20 or is that a class with leftover funding from 19?

• blok2400
    commented on 's reply
    Nope, looking for that email but I still will be shocked if I get it since this is preference sheet 3.

• obuck34
    commented on 's reply
    An academy started October 28th
    Last edited by obuck34; 10-30-2019, 04:38 PM.

• Chifan12
    commented on 's reply
    Nope...not even that 12 hour turn around on the preference sheet got us anything....

• burton7218
    replied
    Has anyone gotten a NDA since the new fiscal year? Or heard of any dates for the first class?

Leave a comment:

• blok2400
    commented on 's reply
    I had 12 hours... wonder the difference?

• MDPO32
    commented on 's reply
    Till Thursday

• Chifan12
    commented on 's reply
    Out of curiosity, did he have longer than 12 hours to respond?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8002 users online. 392 members and 7610 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X