X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maxxedstr
    replied
    Originally posted by Redrum3215 View Post
    Things at FLETC are day to day. At this point, CITP and SABT classes haven’t been scrapped. If a bunch of people start getting sick in Glynco, that may change. ATF has a plan B though. Hiring will not stop. Some folks may get sworn in in the field and go to FLETC when things normalize. That’s how I was sworn in 20 years ago. It’s a good time to be in the ATF hiring process. This AG likes violent crime enforcement. Stay focused. Keep running and doing those push ups and sit ups. Best job in LE.
    I really hope you are right. This post is my only shining light. I only have until September before I go over the age. Maybe because of all this, they'll let us buy back more retirement then the years we served in military.

Leave a comment:

• Redrum3215
    replied
    in FY-2021 ATF expects to hire approximately 288 new Special Agents.

Leave a comment:

• Costanza
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds promising!

• JingleHeimerJiffy
    replied
    https://www.justice.gov/doj/page/file/1246271/download

ATF 2021 Budget Submission

Interesting info...particularly pages 46 thru 51 and 57 thru 59 of the document.

Leave a comment:

• mih pihsrow
    replied
    8 years young old man!

Leave a comment:

• retired1995
    replied
    Just curious, but has anyone noticed that this thread is now 8 years old?

Leave a comment:

• Redrum3215
    replied
    FLETC shutting down until further notice. Agencies were notified this afternoon. ATF hiring will continue.

Leave a comment:

• ainokea808
    replied
    Redrum3215, that's excellent news! Thank you very much for the awesome information. You have made this long process much more bearable. Appreciate the info. All, please stay safe during this dangerous time.

Leave a comment:

• Redrum3215
    replied
    Things at FLETC are day to day. At this point, CITP and SABT classes haven’t been scrapped. If a bunch of people start getting sick in Glynco, that may change. ATF has a plan B though. Hiring will not stop. Some folks may get sworn in in the field and go to FLETC when things normalize. That’s how I was sworn in 20 years ago. It’s a good time to be in the ATF hiring process. This AG likes violent crime enforcement. Stay focused. Keep running and doing those push ups and sit ups. Best job in LE.

Leave a comment:

• ainokea808
    replied
    Redrum3215, eventually FLETC may be empty if they dont start new classes? Or at that point will they send people even if this COVID is not resolved?

Leave a comment:

• ainokea808
    replied
    Redrum3215 thanks for the great info!

Leave a comment:

• Costanza
    commented on 's reply
    In Redrum3215 WE TRUST!

• Redrum3215
    replied
    Basic programs- CITP/SABT are deemed mission critical at this point. They have delayed new classes starting for 2 weeks. That could change. ATF still hiring, but some folks may be delayed in going to FLETC.

Leave a comment:

• Grey De Leon
    replied
    Got word that only mission critical/essential training will be held at FLETC. Current classes will be held but TBD about when future classes will DOD/DOJ/DHS are legitimately playing this day/week/month break down. Till this CORVID-19 pass, things will be moving to a crawl.

Source - (current DHS employee)

Leave a comment:

• ainokea808
    replied
    Redrum3215, so as of now they are still going to hold the May, June, July, September classes even with all these shutdowns happening?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9035 users online. 471 members and 8564 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X