Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chifan12
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2016

Got my 4th final preference sheet this afternoon with less than 24 hour turn around again to submit.....I wish they had as much urgency to hire us as they expect us to have to stay in the process.

Comment

• Alyk
      Alyk commented
      Editing a comment
      what locations are being offered nowadays ?

• Chifan12
      Chifan12 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's not something I think we're supposed to post .... There's about 60 on the list and they're evenly spread out

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also got my fourth today. I dunno we will see
  • Kmiech
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2011

How do you know when BI is completed? You receive first preference sheet?

Comment

• Chifan12
      Chifan12 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would guess so. I got my first one the same day I got my medical clearance, but everything else has already been done. I've never been formally notified that the background was done.
  • ls1_oklahoma
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2015

In effort to keep the Thread alive -- would anyone comment on your current status- even if you are a "lurker."
    I am waiting for my medical clearance email- my opinion from reviewing everything is that it is the un-official notice that background is adjudicated. I know my BI was at the adjudicator in mid-December and nothing since. I also know a guy at the current academy that never got a preference sheet. Unsure if that is a new thing or was a late fill for a drop out.
    Last edited by ls1_oklahoma; 01-24-2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Killyleagh690
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2016

I received my 9th “final” preference sheet today. April 2015 applicant!

Comment

• Redrum3215
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2018

ATF has been given the green light to amp up their hiring. Some recent classes have been filled with extremely short notice (like 20 days to report). They need bodies out west. If you’re willing to go to areas like LA, San Fran, Phoenix, etc., you may be in luck. If you say on the sheet that you’re willing to go somewhere, you’d better be willing to go though. Some folks are getting offers for one of their 5 offices of preference and then trying to negotiate for another office and it isn’t working out well for them. They’re getting removed from the process for declining the offer.

Comment

• blok2400
          blok2400 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, if you get an offer... be fortunate and take your offer. Many people wait 4-5 years for this job.
      • maxxedstr
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2009

I'm in the process. I reach my max age limit in September. I'm happy to hear all these classes being added to 2020.

Comment

• Killyleagh690
          Killyleagh690 commented
          Editing a comment
          I might age out and I’m already 6c, but 57 is mandatory!!
      • maxxedstr
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2009

I'm willing to go anywhere just to get in before my age. Fingers are crossed.

Comment

• fedski
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2018

Class starting 2/12/2020

Comment

• louis
            louis commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you going to class 2/12/20, or just stating this is when the next one starts?

• blok2400
            blok2400 commented
            Editing a comment
            Those that got selected for any class are not going to post it on social media.. this is because they are asked not to do so. Good news is with a class next week there may be a few more this year.
        • Radio Raheem
          Banned
          • May 2015

I decided to drop in to see if those that were in the process with me awhile back eventually received any final offers. It's seems that the ATF is holding true to thier higher practices.

Comment

• Redrum3215
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2018

Those selected agree not to post their selection on social media. I doubt they’d risk taking fire for posting here. There are 2 classes starting CITP this month. Next class will be in May (added to schedule), then June, July and September. Keep your powder dry, folks.

Comment

• ainokea808
              Forum Member
              • May 2017

Any word on how the coronavirus will be affecting classes starting in May and beyond?

Comment

• Redrum3215
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2018

No. No decisions made about cancelling basic classes at FLETC.

Comment

• ainokea808
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2017

Redrum3215, so as of now they are still going to hold the May, June, July, September classes even with all these shutdowns happening?

Comment

• Grey De Leon
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2011

Got word that only mission critical/essential training will be held at FLETC. Current classes will be held but TBD about when future classes will DOD/DOJ/DHS are legitimately playing this day/week/month break down. Till this CORVID-19 pass, things will be moving to a crawl.

Source - (current DHS employee)

Comment

• Redrum3215
                      Forum Member
                      • Dec 2018

Basic programs- CITP/SABT are deemed mission critical at this point. They have delayed new classes starting for 2 weeks. That could change. ATF still hiring, but some folks may be delayed in going to FLETC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19346 users online. 46 members and 19300 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...