Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schlecht
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2005

I reached out to a contact in recruiting and heard nothing. I don't think anybody really knows right now. I can say the ATF budget for 2013 did not read expansion, hell...don't even know if they'd have to hire to backfill agents they lose. Total agents numbers were proposed down.

Comment

• Metro2
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2010

i checked with my source and they haven't heard anything.

Comment

• Superjock22
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2011

ATF hiring is dead in the water...lol.. You would think with all the gun regulation talk going on, ATF would be buzzing right now..

Comment

• Metro2
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Superjock22
          ATF hiring is dead in the water...lol.. You would think with all the gun regulation talk going on, ATF would be buzzing right now..
          i had forgotten all about it until you started getting my hopes up, lol

Comment

• Superjock22
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Metro2
            i had forgotten all about it until you started getting my hopes up, lol
            Lol... My bad...

Comment

• knhawk34
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2012

I didn't receive an email or letter after I interviewed last year with any results. I just assumed I didn't make it. I was at least hoping since I was selected to interview that I'd be eligible for an upcoming class. Looks like that's not happening anytime soon. Very disappointing.....

Comment

• Agent04
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2011

My friend who applied last year got a call today - short notice fill for a West coast location. She had to turn it down since her hubby is an agent on the East coast. Just thought I would let you guys know.

Comment

• Superjock22
                  Forum Member
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Agent04
                  My friend who applied last year got a call today - short notice fill for a West coast location. She had to turn it down since her hubby is an agent on the East coast. Just thought I would let you guys know.
                  No offers were made today. ATF called all of us (veterans) who made it all the way through last announcement and asked us if we are still interested and if so, send a copy of our DD214 and VA rating document.

Comment

• Rickcpd
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2012

Yes. I got this call yesterday. Sounds like good news to me.

No offers were made today. ATF called all of us (veterans) who made it all the way through last announcement and asked us if we are still interested and if so, send a copy of our DD214 and VA rating document.

Comment

• bombguy
                      You'll never know....
                      • Apr 2008

Just received same call. Sounds like this might start picking up some traction again.

Comment

• Superjock22
                        Forum Member
                        • Dec 2011

I think ATF will use direct hiring athority to hire some of us. Probably VRA, because veterans can be placed in GS9 and below positions directly and without a open competitive hire process.

Comment

• szymon1017
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2011

I will not hold my breath for it. We all got called and its look like we all got asked to go to same place. Something weird about that, don’t you all think? Plus I don’t really believe that budget will pass before March 01, which means cuts and no hiring (but I may be wrong).

Comment

• AlwaysSearching
                            Forum Member
                            • Feb 2013

I got the call yesterday as well. On the original announcement I completed the interview, but was not contacted for the poly.

To the others that have posted they were contacted for their vet preference documents, did you finish all the stages?

ATF is my ideal agency, but I am familiar enough with the false starts and budget dilemmas to know that this could mean absolutely nothing.

I asked if there was an issue with the vet documents I sent previously and what I could expect as a next step. She said that OPM had the documents and they could get them from OPM, but it's faster/easier to get them from the applicants and I could expect further contact "sooner rather than later". I also asked if she needed my transcripts or an updated resume (addition of a Masters since the last announcement). She said she would get back to me on that, but not at this point.

I have optimistically mixed feelings on what this means, if anything. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Comment

• Superjock22
                              Forum Member
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by AlwaysSearching
                              I got the call yesterday as well. On the original announcement I completed the interview, but was not contacted for the poly.

To the others that have posted they were contacted for their vet preference documents, did you finish all the stages?

ATF is my ideal agency, but I am familiar enough with the false starts and budget dilemmas to know that this could mean absolutely nothing.

I asked if there was an issue with the vet documents I sent previously and what I could expect as a next step. She said that OPM had the documents and they could get them from OPM, but it's faster/easier to get them from the applicants and I could expect further contact "sooner rather than later". I also asked if she needed my transcripts or an updated resume (addition of a Masters since the last announcement). She said she would get back to me on that, but not at this point.

I have optimistically mixed feelings on what this means, if anything. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.
                              I know a few of us were contacted in the beginning of the week by ATF. We all completed the poly, BI, and Medical.

Comment

• Metro2
                                Forum Member
                                • Nov 2010

Sooner rather than later sounds good but after last time I am guarded to get my hopes up on anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25128 users online. 64 members and 25064 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...