Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redrum3215 thanks for the great info!

Comment

• Redrum3215, eventually FLETC may be empty if they dont start new classes? Or at that point will they send people even if this COVID is not resolved?

Comment

• Things at FLETC are day to day. At this point, CITP and SABT classes haven’t been scrapped. If a bunch of people start getting sick in Glynco, that may change. ATF has a plan B though. Hiring will not stop. Some folks may get sworn in in the field and go to FLETC when things normalize. That’s how I was sworn in 20 years ago. It’s a good time to be in the ATF hiring process. This AG likes violent crime enforcement. Stay focused. Keep running and doing those push ups and sit ups. Best job in LE.

Comment

• Redrum3215, that's excellent news! Thank you very much for the awesome information. You have made this long process much more bearable. Appreciate the info. All, please stay safe during this dangerous time.

Comment

• FLETC shutting down until further notice. Agencies were notified this afternoon. ATF hiring will continue.

Comment

• Just curious, but has anyone noticed that this thread is now 8 years old?

Comment

• 8 years young old man!

Comment

• https://www.justice.gov/doj/page/file/1246271/download

ATF 2021 Budget Submission

Interesting info...particularly pages 46 thru 51 and 57 thru 59 of the document.

Comment

• Costanza
                    Costanza commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds promising!

• in FY-2021 ATF expects to hire approximately 288 new Special Agents.

Comment

• GRLIII
                    GRLIII commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If this is true, where can you find field office vacancies?

• Chifan12
                    Chifan12 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is true and you cannot find that information. ATF does not publicize their office staffing numbers for obvious reasons. If you are in the process and a location is on the preference sheet there is an opening in that office.

• Originally posted by Redrum3215 View Post
                  Things at FLETC are day to day. At this point, CITP and SABT classes haven’t been scrapped. If a bunch of people start getting sick in Glynco, that may change. ATF has a plan B though. Hiring will not stop. Some folks may get sworn in in the field and go to FLETC when things normalize. That’s how I was sworn in 20 years ago. It’s a good time to be in the ATF hiring process. This AG likes violent crime enforcement. Stay focused. Keep running and doing those push ups and sit ups. Best job in LE.
                  I really hope you are right. This post is my only shining light. I only have until September before I go over the age. Maybe because of all this, they'll let us buy back more retirement then the years we served in military.

Comment

• Anyone else apply for June announcement on USA Jobs? Hoping the exam isn’t too far out

Comment

• OCN_1
                      OCN_1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep, hoping for the same. Haven’t heard anything since the submission of documents after being referred

• DetroitStyle2
                      DetroitStyle2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Same here- no word. I assume the test will be in August but I guess we will find out eventually

• There will be a August CITP class.
                    Last edited by mih pihsrow; 07-19-2020, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• Any updates with hiring or accepting applications?

Comment

• Schedule B hiring starting in September

Comment

• Question for anyone in the forum.
                          Passed the ATF exam in March 2018 and was advised results are valid for 3 years. I will be applying for the next hiring wave this fall. Will my exam results be locked in once I apply or will they expire during the process, once March 2021 arrives? thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3986 users online. 272 members and 3714 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X