Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just passing along this info from a reliable source (upper management type) but word is 2 classes FY20 and no classes FY21. I don"t have ANY other info than what I just posted so I can't answer any other questions or elaborate on that info whatsoever.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      HAHAHAHAHA! The last sentence in your post had me rolling because you know people are still going to ask.

• Has anyone heard (or has anyone personally) of someone receiving disclosure form and not getting a call for the next class? I received my disclosure form over a month ago but haven’t gotten a call. And I’m sure the august class is full by now. Just curious if anyone knows if this is common or not. Thanks in advance y’all!

Comment

• usmc530
      usmc530 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I got the NDF and never got the call

• Anybody know what to expect after the poly? Besides a whole lot of waiting around.

Comment

• colonel87
      colonel87 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you pass, they will send you the same forms you submitted before it and you do those again. Then you should get contacted by the background investigator. They never tell you that you passed, but the forms are indicative of a successful exam.

• Kmiech
      Kmiech commented
      Editing a comment
      I received the forms last week. I sent them back and got fingerprinted again this week. I’m not 100% sure but my BI may transition over. If so, would that be the last step before being hired?

• colonel87
      colonel87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that would be the last thing you would have to do. The rest is on HR to send you a preference sheet, a disclosure form, and then hopefully the selection panel smiles favorably upon your application and then you get the call.

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      And at this point since we missed August a call might be in February?? No telling. Many of us are done with everything and waiting for the selection panel to find we are next.

• I had my background done like two years ago--- Is it fair to assume if you haven't heard anything, you passed? I've gotten updated medical forms etc. I am in the process with another fed agency and want to be accurate with my status with ATF but since there is little communication about the process, I can't neccesarily accurately inform them.

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sure you passed or you would get a thanks but no thanks by now. Plus they typically give a pre-clearance so you can EOD before background is adjudicated. I’m sure you would know by now if something was wrong. No news is good news.

• Does anyone have any info on classes for FY20? Any ideas as to how many and when they might be? I’ve heard only one class supposed to be scheduled but that wasn’t a for sure thing.

Comment

• colonel87
      colonel87 commented
      Editing a comment
      *Jeopardy music*
      Not sure if anyone knows, including HR.

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      A few posts back, someone said that there will be 2 for FY20.

• Testing started back again for new applicants.

Comment

• Brightlife
      Brightlife commented
      Editing a comment
      How do new applicants apply?

• Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to hear back on the results from the panel interview?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      It took me like five months.

• colonel87
      colonel87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Was about 2 months for me to hear back on results. Of course, that was almost 3 years ago so it could be different now.

• Any current 1811’s hear anything recently?

Comment

• 10 classes for 2020-21... your welcome...

Comment

• Chifan12
        Chifan12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure if this was in jest or not, but I did hear from one of my contacts that rumor going around is they got more funding than expected and plan to run more classes now.

• obuck34
        obuck34 commented
        Editing a comment
        He’s an agent who’s been posting on this forum since before you knew it or ATF existed. So I’d say it’s well sourced.

• colonel87
        colonel87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Now we're talking!

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        That would give many of us 2016 people hope. I’ve taken a promotion and bought a house but it’s a dream job so bring it on.

• I heard the same thing from someone that was down at FLETC. What he said was two classes for FY20 and 10 for FY21.

Anyone have any idea if that could possibly mean more classes for FY20? I don’t know a lot about the budgets so idk if they have to wait until 21 or what.

Comment

• I don't know if this will cause delays...

"National Background Investigations Bureau Transferred to Department of Defense" October 1, 2019
        https://www.justtherealnews.com/exec...department-of/

Actually it may be a good thing. The DoD wasn't affected during the shutdown.
        Last edited by Radio Raheem; 10-03-2019, 12:17 PM.
        OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
          10 classes for 2020-21... your welcome...
          Spoke to someone working at FLETC who also verified the possibility of hiring 200+ in 21. I also heard (yesterday) that our acting director requested to increase our cap by 500 agents.

Comment

• HolyJumpingSTL
            HolyJumpingSTL commented
            Editing a comment
            Is there any chance there could be more classes for 2020 then or is that already set in stone?

• Well this is the end of the line for me. ATF says I failed the poly.

I've passed three polys before this one (including one for my current agency), so I don't know what ATF saw that the others didn't. For those who will be taking the poly, I would say my best advice is to tell the truth, but I can't even be sure of that anymore. Good luck everyone.
          OUT!!

Comment

• HolyJumpingSTL
            HolyJumpingSTL commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to hear it man. Those things are ridiculous sometimes

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            I would be LYING if I said I wasn't ****ed off, but what can I do? I figure if you take as many polys as I have then you'll crap out at some point in the game. Or maybe...ATF just wasn't meant for me and there is something better on the horizon. Or...as I have said before...the poly is junk science that depends on the examiner and not the machine. Either way, I always thought that unfavorable poly results is a crappy way to be booted from the process.

• Any hope of a class being started before the end of the year? Or does the current CR in place make chances slim?

Comment

• I received another preference sheet yesterday, check your inboxes.

Comment

• Chifan12
              Chifan12 commented
              Editing a comment
              +1 now to wait and wait and wait some more! Would be nice if we knew when the next classes are.

• MDPO32
              MDPO32 commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you guys already have CITP?

• Chifan12
              Chifan12 commented
              Editing a comment
              I do not have it

• blok2400
              blok2400 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah more waiting I’m sure but I’ve also heard the 250 hire goal rumor. I don’t have citp

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9817 users online. 455 members and 9362 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X