Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am processing out of DC. How about you?
    Last edited by burton7218; 03-03-2019, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• With regard to those 3-4 years into the process (sounds like most of us here), can anyone speak to whether getting selected at this point is a matter of when, or if? Is there a realistic chance that one goes this far and the agency simply declines to hire? I’m completely unfamiliar with the process.

Comment

• P.K. Highsmith
        P.K. Highsmith commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you 100% Killy. We are on the same page. I wasn’t trying to defend or justify the process, just stating what it is. HR doesn’t get much better after you get hired either, but it is a small price to pay to work for ATF, which is overall fantastic.

• Northerly
        Northerly commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the honest answer P.K. No hard feelings about hearing the truth.

One more question for you, if you don't mind. Do you happen to know what the main factors are at this point in the process with regard to how the agency decides to make offers? Is it strictly location based? Do they try to go in order of the time candidates applied? Candidates who call HR the most (or least)?

• jdd165
        jdd165 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good Questions Northerly! P.K. Can you help us with that answer?

• P.K. Highsmith
        P.K. Highsmith commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I had a definiteve answer for you guys and gals. Unfortunately, I could only provide an educated guess based on my experience and the experience of my co-workers.
        Main Factors? I would say 50% strength of applicant (work experience/interview/someone high up vouching for you) and 50% pure luck.
        Location? Not much at all. Some agents get their top choice, some get a random city. Depends on the needs of the agency. If it happens to line up with the wish list of the candidate, great. If not, the candidate is most likely offered a different city.
        Order of when the applied? Probably not much. When you finish the application process is probably a bigger factor. My class had people who had applied one year prior and people who applied three years prior.
        Calling HR? Not at all. I don't think the people you talk to when you call really have a say in how fast you get picked up. If anything, calling too much may **** them off and hurt you.

Overall, I think applicants (especially Criminal Investigator applicants) want to understand how the hiring system works. The truth, and the answer to most of your questions, is that the system is far from finely tuned, constantly changing, and not efficient.

• The last I heard from my process is that I passed the medical. I haven't had the drug test, and it has been quiet some time since my med test in July of 2018. I called medical, and they told me that since I passed the medical, the process is out of their hands. Who do I call to "shake some trees" as they say? HR says I'm still in the process, but...
      OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by burton7218 View Post
        I am processing out of DC. How about you?
        I’m out of St. Louis. Got an email today to update my eqip.

Comment

• Originally posted by HolyJumpingSTL View Post

I’m out of St. Louis. Got an email today to update my eqip.
          Congrats that's at least some movement. Was it to update it or did they need you to correct it? When they rejected mine for corrections in October I also got a foreign contact sheet to sign and return. The sheet had someone else's name and case number on it. I reached out a couple times with no response until today I reached out again and got the correct sheet signed and sent back.

Comment

• HolyJumpingSTL
            HolyJumpingSTL commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! It was to update it to use for my background. I have already completed one and have two other backgrounds I was able to put on the reciprocation form so I'm hoping they can use the majority of those and my updated e-qip and give me the go ahead sooner rather than later.

• Had my 3 panel in November 2018 and just received my rejection letter yesterday. Just wanted to share so you guys still in the process are aware the process has started back up. Best of luck to everyone and be safe.

Comment

• Does anyone know about the PT test in the academy? Is it the same one you take for pre-employment?
          Last edited by WillB1smday; 03-09-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• colonel87
            colonel87 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe you have to take the same one at the beginning of both CITP and SABT. There is also the FLETC specific PEB that must be passed a few times.

• mih pihsrow
            mih pihsrow commented
            Editing a comment
            It is the same as the pre-employment. You only have to take it once, within the first week of the academy prior to CITP starting. Once there, you have to take the PEB three times. Two in CITP and one in SABT. It consists of 1.5 mile run, vsit, bench, body fat and a shuttle type run. The Bureau doesnt care about the body fat or vsit (thank God, I'm not flexible at all).

• Originally posted by colonel87 View Post
          I believe you have to take the same one at the beginning of both CITP and SABT. There is also the FLETC specific PEB that must be passed a few times.
          Roger that. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by mih pihsrow View Post
            It is the same as the pre-employment. You only have to take it once, within the first week of the academy prior to CITP starting. Once there, you have to take the PEB three times. Two in CITP and one in SABT. It consists of 1.5 mile run, vsit, bench, body fat and a shuttle type run. The Bureau doesnt care about the body fat or vsit (thank God, I'm not flexible at all).
            Roger that. Thank you.

Comment

• 2016 Applicant here. First post in the thread. Attached is my timeline.

Applied: 3/2016
              Written: 7/2016
              PT: 11/2016
              Oral Board: 4/2017
              FedEx: 6/2017
              Medical: 7/2017
              Medical Follow Up: 8/2017
              Poly: 3/2018
              E-Qip: 5/2018
              Met with BI: 7/2018
              Required Supplemental Info: 12/2018
              Medical Clearence: 3/2019

Getting a med clearence is always promising.

Comment

• Got a call this week with an offer.

To update my poly and medical because they expired.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
                  Radio Raheem commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The ATF process is probably the slowest.

• obuck34
                  obuck34 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see what you did there...

• colonel87
                  colonel87 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well that’s depressing. Some of us April/May 2016 folks will be in that same expiration boat shortly.

• Same call. Same disdain. Next class is in August and the classes to follow wont be until late FY20.

Comment

• How long until the poly expires?

Comment

• same call for me....

deleted/edited
                    Last edited by Killyleagh690; 03-27-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Same call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9394 users online. 417 members and 8977 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X