Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There cant possibly be many more April 15'ers left... When are we Oct 15'ers gonna get a look! Regardless, I'm happy to hear some calls went out.

Comment

• Killyleagh690
      Killyleagh690 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I can attest to there being at least 1 April 15er hanging out.... me!!

• There most certainly is an all ATF CITP class starting in February.

Comment

• Pat1686
      Pat1686 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha I must have missed the part about CITP. Not surprising as to CITP starting because theres one every couple of weeks that starts. I was referring to the actual academy dates.
      Last edited by Pat1686; 01-04-2019, 09:51 PM.

• Can anyone on this forum confirm that they themselves have gotten "the call" for a February class? Or any class for that matter. I just have yet to see anyone on here actually confirm they received the call with the final offer and class date.

Comment

• ZT91
      ZT91 commented
      Editing a comment
      People don't post on here when they get "the call". From what I have gleamed, it seems like people are asked not to post on social media when they receive "the call". Does that answer your question?

• Federal1030
      Federal1030 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, thanks for the info.

• Geez, I was perusing the thread and noticed how long it has taken applicants to make it through the process. I reached out to my division's recruiter about 4 or 5 times in 2017 just to get some answers to questions I had about the process and they never replied back. I then contacted another division office within the state and the recruiter replied back the same day saying that they were no longer taking applications at that time but to reach out again in 2018 to start the process with a 2020 best case scenario of making it into the academy. I never contacted the recruiter because I didn't necessarily want to apply, but just wanted info on the agency/hiring process.

I didn't know about this site at the time, but I've gotten a bunch of my questions answered by reading through the thread. Good luck to you all and I commend you for your patience in working through this process....not sure that I could lol.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why it takes so long? Every agency has waaaayyy more applicants than positions available, but it seems like ATF is particularly slower. I was just wondering if they simply don't have comparable hiring needs, budget or retirees as other agencies.

Comment

• Redrum, you sure it wasnt one of your buddies using one of those new voice changing apps on their phone to mess with you and give you a fake Febuary start date?

Hahaha, just kidding.

Although I know of that happening, the person came clean at the end of the call though so the guy didnt quit or anything.

I dont know one way or the other. Cant really worry about start dates that arent mine.

Comment

• Yes. ATF did give me a start date. It was 19 years ago. I’m eligible to retire next year. Best job in LE.

Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
        Redrum, you sure it wasnt one of your buddies using one of those new voice changing apps on their phone to mess with you and give you a fake Febuary start date?

Hahaha, just kidding.

Although I know of that happening, the person came clean at the end of the call though so the guy didnt quit or anything.

I dont know one way or the other. Cant really worry about start dates that arent mine.

Comment

• Killyleagh690
          Killyleagh690 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I applied that same year.... still waiting!!

• Is there anyone here that got the preference sheet and the NDF but didnt get the call for the February class?

Comment

• Are ATF agents getting paid right now?

Comment

• Chifan12
            Chifan12 commented
            Editing a comment
            No they aren't.

• Has anyone with CITP already done received a non disclosure form, but not gotten the call?

Comment

• Pat1686
            Pat1686 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not received an NDA

• MDPO32
            MDPO32 commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you apply

• Originally posted by MDPO32 View Post
          Has anyone with CITP already done received a non disclosure form, but not gotten the call?
          I have not received an NDA either...current 1811 and done with process.

Comment

• MDPO32
            MDPO32 commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you apply

• Originally posted by MDPO32 View Post
          When did you apply
          May 2016

Comment

• This will drag on at least until the shutdown ends.

Comment

• At some point in this process the ATF pings your credit score, right? So if they haven't pinged it, or talked to any personal references, is it reasonable to infer that the background investigation (which I think began in January 2018) is not completed?

Comment

• colonel87
                colonel87 commented
                Editing a comment
                I know my credit score was pinged during the process. Also had multiple people on my reference list say they were interviewed. Based on that, I would say the investigation is still open for you. Not that it appears a completed one is going to help with getting hired anytime soon with the shutdown ha.

• Chifan12
                Chifan12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Is pinging a credit score the same as pinging a phone?

In all seriousness your background "starts' when you meet with an investigator. Which comes after you resubmit paperwork following poly.

• ZT91
                ZT91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol, sorry! "Ping" or "check" or "look at". Colonel87, when did you apply?

• colonel87
                colonel87 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol good one Chi. And Z I applied May 2016.

• Regardless of medical clearence, favorable background adjudication, poly's, and all other exams, it appears they are going to need to completely redo it with this significant time lapse and no end in sight.

Comment

• Chifan12
                Chifan12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Come on now, let's not get everyone up in arms here by saying stuff like this. I'm fairly confident that nobody has posted anywhere in this 740+ page thread that they've had to redo everything because of time lapse. Take it easy everyone, the shutdown will end eventually.

• Who's up in arms? I would think they HAVE to at least redo the medical. Mine was 2+ years ago.

Comment

• Killyleagh690
                Killyleagh690 commented
                Editing a comment
                I specifically asked this question, via email, before the shutdown.
                This is a portion of the reply

“Yes some updates will probably be needed if you are picked to be hired. We thank you for your patience.”

I did my poly 2/16 and received med clearance 9/16.

• ainokea808
                ainokea808 commented
                Editing a comment
                Killyleagh690, you did your poly in Feb 2016?! When did you apply?

• ZT91
                ZT91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Killyleagh690, thank you for posting that. I hope you get the call as soon as can be expected. I'm not sure how many April 2015 and October 2015 people are out there, but this has been quite a process.
                Last edited by ZT91; 01-24-2019, 02:35 PM. Reason: May is not April

• Killyleagh690
                Killyleagh690 commented
                Editing a comment
                I applied in April of 2015.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5564 users online. 189 members and 5375 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X