Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think everyone is making too big of a deal about this reciprocity thing. The background investigation (BI) is one step in a lengthy process, and it doesn't seem to me that the BI is where the hold up is. Most BIs can easily be done in less than two months, unless you have extensive foreign travel/contacts or have moved all over the country. I did not get reciprocity, despite my active clearance, and was in a class with people who got reciprocity and applied to the same announcement I did. They can bust through BIs if they need to in order to fill a class.

I know the process is really frustrating as an applicant. Believe me. I have empathy for all you guys/gals. I made it through the whole process, sat around waiting for an offer for years, and then was asked to re-apply. I had to do it all over again. If you include my time waiting, I spent over 5 years as an ATF applicant. And I don't think there is anything wrong with venting here on this forum, commiserating with your fellow applicants.

But try and maintain a positive attitude, especially when dealing with ATF HR staff. Remember, there are a lot of people that want this job. It is better to be in the process then out of the process.

Comment

• Any May ‘16 applicants been contacted by a BI, regardless if you have a current clearance or not

Comment

• Federal1030
        Federal1030 commented
        Editing a comment
        About 7 weeks after the poly I received an email from a special investigator from the Personal Security Division asking to clarify if an internship was paid or unpaid but that was it- no follow up, no discussion of an interview with him, just radio silence.

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m still waiting on poly. BI is almost complete but no word on poly for months.

• colonel87
        colonel87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, did my interview in June. That was my last step, just waiting on preference sheet and a call hopefully.
        Last edited by colonel87; 10-17-2018, 02:22 PM.

• Jbmedina
        Jbmedina commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I was interviewed beginning of July.

• Medical clearance received today

Comment

• I was advised that I am in the selection board/process. I am not sure what this means for an academy timeline, but I am hopeful. Can anyone that has knowledge advise?

Comment

• colonel87
          colonel87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats, was that from an email or a phone call? Sounds like you’re really close.

• Celo182
          Celo182 commented
          Editing a comment
          What exactly does that mean? What did they tell you via phone or email?

• blok2400
          blok2400 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve heard that there are selection panels for those that have completed everything. It makes sense, there’s got to be way more eligible applicants than available positions. I would guess you could pass everything and still not get selected.. or get selected the next time around. Just a guess.

• Killyleagh690
          Killyleagh690 commented
          Editing a comment
          the process is so long, any information they use for a board would be very outdated.

• I'm Oct 15

Comment

• blok2400
          blok2400 commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you get your final preference sheet ?

• Well, I'm out, I failed my poly, because I could remember how many times I use THC 22 years ago so it looked like I was lying. Very frustrating after so long.
        Last edited by marathon; 10-18-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Jbmedina
          Jbmedina commented
          Editing a comment
          They told you that? Or you think you failed? Because most people don’t feel confident after a poly.

• Originally posted by Jbmedina View Post
        They told you that? Or you think you failed? Because most people don’t feel confident after a poly.
        Unless they sent you the “thin letter” in the mail or, you removed yourself out of the process, you are still in.

Comment

• marathon
          marathon commented
          Editing a comment
          They sent me an email saying I failed the next day.

• Originally posted by marathon View Post
        They sent me an email saying I failed the next day.
        Dang! The next day! I thought they at least would have QC check it before they sent you the email.

Comment

• ainokea808
          ainokea808 commented
          Editing a comment
          Highly doubt it, but is it possible that something else DQ'd you? Maybe it wasn't the polygraph... just a thought, but very sorry to hear that marathon. You plan on trying again?

• marathon
          marathon commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing I can think of. My medical was done. I'm a current Fed LEO with 10 years experience.

• ainokea808
          ainokea808 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah that's surprising that it was the next day...

• Pat1686
          Pat1686 commented
          Editing a comment
          especially since its been about a week notice of results for a lot of people via email

• Anyone hearing about a possible class in December? Some other agencies are sending people to CITP then so I wonder if ATF might send some people for that one.

Comment

• Pat1686
          Pat1686 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im down in FLETC now and the academy doesn't know what the deal is with dates or how many classes are being run. I ask every week!

• colonel87
          colonel87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh geez lol that is encouraging.

• Pat1686
          Pat1686 commented
          Editing a comment
          For future reference, I am not at the academy, I am going through CITP for another agency. Praying everyday to get the call

• Got disclosure email today. Hadn't heard anything since updated location forms mid July. So about 3 months between the two steps for me personally. Hopefully good news for more Oct. 15's

Comment

• colonel87
          colonel87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good for you, that’s great news.

• Anyone else get the disclosure form today? Seems very quiet.

Comment

• ZT91
          ZT91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. Nothing here.

• So. I received an email inviting me to a Q&A at the local Field Office. Sounds informal, but i have never heard of this step in the process. Anyone gotten anything recently or know anything about it?
        USMS Schedule B WAVE 1
        12/10/18- USMS Info Session
        3/25/19- USMS Interview
        4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
        5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
        7/03/19- Received TOL
        8/16/19-Initial Medical
        8/29/19-Completed Medical
        9/19/19-Received E-quip
        9/23/19-Completed Fingerprints

Current USMS TFO

Comment

• ainokea808
          ainokea808 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're at the end of the process, could it be a chance for you to ask any questions you want and concerns you may have before an FJO?

• Originally posted by money_mike View Post
        So. I received an email inviting me to a Q&A at the local Field Office. Sounds informal, but i have never heard of this step in the process. Anyone gotten anything recently or know anything about it?
        Are you just starting the process?

Comment

• blok2400
          blok2400 commented
          Editing a comment
          I did some research he’s Nov 17 candidate

• money_mike
          money_mike commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah, it was a mistaken email. They said they intended to send me the email for a structured interview. I just did the interview on 11/15/18. Nov' 17 candidate.

• Do anyone know how I can update my information? Such as new address, additional family member, education, etc? Who do I contact?

Comment

• Killyleagh690
          Killyleagh690 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would like to know this answer also.

• JingleHeimerJiffy
          JingleHeimerJiffy commented
          Editing a comment
          Send it to the applicant info email or call them and email someone directly. Also if you put a request in the email asking if they could confirm receipt of the email they usually respond so you aren't wondering if they got it or how long until they see it.

• Jbmedina
          Jbmedina commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! That worked

• Is this Q&A referred to as a panel interview in your email? Hahahaha.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14336 users online. 470 members and 13866 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X