300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theone1111111 View Post
    Hey can someone give me a good contact info . I emailed the person I had a email for couole of weeks ago because I had some changes I had to let them know about and I haven't gotten a response back. I don't know if she no longer employed or what. Thanks in advance
    Applicant.Info@usdoj.gov is a copy paste of where I sent my email last week. It was answered the next morning at 0630 eastern.

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah ok good to know I must of been told wrong.

• I second what Killy said. I'm down at FLETC now and plan on asking some of the ATF peeps what the deal is with classes this year.

Comment

• colonel87
      colonel87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you find out anything?

• Pat1686
      Pat1686 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing unfortunately, just some rumors. Apparently, the academy waits for word from headquarters and we all know how that goes. I did hear a rumor down here that they might do an 1811 sole class. Meaning just start the actual academy for those who have already completed CITP.

• colonel87
      colonel87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Roger that, thanks for looking into it.

• Originally posted by blok2400 View Post
    Ah ok good to know I must of been told wrong.
    There’s more than one version of that email that goes to the same inbox. What’s more confusing is sometimes they send a reply from the opposite email that you sent the original email from. Example: I send email to applicantinfo@atf.gov and receive a reply from applicant.info@usdoj.gov...I think that’s their way of having fun.

Comment

• I feel like they want you to email applicant.info@usdoj.gov, but they respond from applicantinfo@atf.gov...email fitering purposes? no idea. agree with WillB1smday, probly their idea of fun haha.

Comment

• colonel87
        colonel87 commented
        Editing a comment
        The fun part is if they respond at all lol

• ainokea808
        ainokea808 commented
        Editing a comment
        So very true. Everytime I see "ATF" in the subject line my heart skips a beat. Especially when waiting for results of tests, interviews, or poly haha.

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        They didn’t respond to me in like a week so I sent it again and I got a response right away. Then I replied and they replied again right away lol.

• Anyone recall how long it takes to get a final preference sheet after you finish everything?

Comment

• obuck34
        obuck34 commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends on your definition of finishing everything. I met with my background investigator then emailed a follow up about 7 weeks later and found out my background had been completed for about 2 weeks at that point. Then received final preference sheet 5 months after that. But again the process varies for each person.

• Originally posted by obuck34 View Post
      Depends on your definition of finishing everything. I met with my background investigator then emailed a follow up about 7 weeks later and found out my background had been completed for about 2 weeks at that point. Then received final preference sheet 5 months after that. But again the process varies for each person.
      Was advised by HR (I called and asked) that I had completed everything. I haven’t filled out a preference sheet since the medical package last year. Just wondering is all.

Comment

• WillB1smday , sorry you probably answered this 10x already, but are you a May '16 applicant?

Comment

• Originally posted by ainokea808 View Post
          WillB1smday , sorry you probably answered this 10x already, but are you a May '16 applicant?
          For the 11th time...yes...lol!

Comment

• ainokea808
            ainokea808 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol thanks. It'll probably be 12 next week when I forget again.

• Does anyone know anyone on this forum that has gotten a call? I've been stalking this forum for like 2.5 years and don't recall anyone getting a call. I'm sure they can't announce it but maybe someone knows something.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhody401 View Post
            Does anyone know anyone on this forum that has gotten a call? I've been stalking this forum for like 2.5 years and don't recall anyone getting a call. I'm sure they can't announce it but maybe someone knows something.
            I know of the one guy who got the call and passed it up to open a brewery. Other than that...nothing on the forum.
            Last edited by WillB1smday; 09-22-2018, 06:33 PM. Reason: Typos...everywhere...

Comment

• ainokea808
              ainokea808 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just wanna add to your info WillB1smday. I talked to the brewery guy and he actually said that he did not get a call. He dropped out before when the preference sheets were going out.

• Originally posted by rhody401 View Post
            Does anyone know anyone on this forum that has gotten a call? I've been stalking this forum for like 2.5 years and don't recall anyone getting a call. I'm sure they can't announce it but maybe someone knows something.
            Someone got a call for the October class and backed out due to location.

Comment

• Originally posted by ainokea808 View Post
              Just wanna add to your info WillB1smday. I talked to the brewery guy and he actually said that he did not get a call. He dropped out before when the preference sheets were going out.
              I stand corrected...thank you for the info.

Comment

• does anyone know if its mandatory to meet with a background investigator for that part of the process or does PSD do their own thing adjudicating an existing clearance? Trying to gauge what my next contact will be. I did my second eqip and sent an updated resume to HQ per their last contact last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat1686 View Post
                  does anyone know if its mandatory to meet with a background investigator for that part of the process or does PSD do their own thing adjudicating an existing clearance? Trying to gauge what my next contact will be. I did my second eqip and sent an updated resume to HQ per their last contact last month.
                  I never met with an investigator. My background was also adjudicated. They don’t necessarily tell you that. I had to call multiple times to get that info and then confirm it.

Comment

• jdd165
                    jdd165 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did they call any of your references during the background?

• Pat1686
                    Pat1686 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ok thanks. What number did you call? That PSD number in the emails?

• Originally posted by WillB1smday View Post

I never met with an investigator. My background was also adjudicated. They don’t necessarily tell you that. I had to call multiple times to get that info and then confirm it.
                  When I said adjudicated I meant reciprocated.

jdd165 pm sent.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9444 users online. 322 members and 9122 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X