Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did it take to hear from your background investigator or someone setting up your poly after you submitted your equip? I have a current top secret clearance so I was hoping it would speed things up, but it has been a month of radio silence. The email I got says you will be hearing something "in the coming weeks."

Comment

• obuck34
      obuck34 commented
      Editing a comment
      23 days for me but everyone’s process is different

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Coming weeks was like 6 for me... no telling

• I think were good, shows it’s coming from Indiana. Never been more relieved lol

Comment

• ainokea808
      ainokea808 commented
      Editing a comment
      that's great news, I don't think they would stop the process for constantly asking for updates. that just shows dedication and perseverance.

Why is coming from Indiana a relief though? What's in Indiana?

• Originally posted by Celo182 View Post
    I think were good, shows it’s coming from Indiana. Never been more relieved lol
    Its not DC where HQ is located.

Comment

• ainokea808
      ainokea808 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah gotcha. Let us know what it is...probably the next step for you!

• Well I did talk to medical and she said I was good to go, just needed to do some final sign off. I’m assuming if you haven’t been asked for a medical follow up in over a year then getting clearance is just a formality.

Comment

• Getting hired is just a formality too at this point. Feel like I have already been workin for the ATF a few years now with the level of stress and gray hairs the process has given me.

Comment

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha! Can’t argue that. It was nice to know I would clear without some surprise.

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        On another positive note it only stands to reason there will be more classes after October... they gotta fill them with someone lol

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
      Getting hired is just a formality too at this point. Feel like I have already been workin for the ATF a few years now with the level of stress and gray hairs the process has given me.
      lol nice!

Comment

• May 16 applicant. Waiting on poly and BI. Does any one know if ATF has poly reciprocity for a recent poly taken?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmiech View Post
          May 16 applicant. Waiting on poly and BI. Does any one know if ATF has poly reciprocity for a recent poly taken?
          Unless it was with another DOJ agency it is highly doubtful.

Comment

• blok2400
            blok2400 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah highly doubtful, I will say I think ATF has good poly guys so it will probably be a smooth experience. I’ve heard of crazy 8 hour sessions with other agencies.. my experience was reasonable.

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah they don’t. We’ll see how it goes if I can ever get scheduled for it.

• Celo182, did that snail mail ever get to you?

Comment

• Celo182
            Celo182 commented
            Editing a comment
            It did, thankfully was unrelated to ATF.

• @WillB1smday

thank you for posting the applicant.info address. I emailed them and they answered very quickly and with at least some information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killyleagh690 View Post
            @WillB1smday

thank you for posting the applicant.info address. I emailed them and they answered very quickly and with at least some information.
            My pleasure! That’s why we’re all here.

Comment

• Funding update: Looks like the Senate added a CR within a large spending bill that was passed today and that CR will fund the rest of the government until Dec 7. If the House passes that next week and the President signs off we should avoid a shutdown. I imagine that having guaranteed funding until December will speed up hiring since ATF will know what money they are working with until then for classes and stuff.

Comment

• Does anyone know if other DOJ agencies will accept the findings that ATF favorably adjudicated? (excluding fitness, exam etc.)

Comment

• blok2400
                  blok2400 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think HSI has accepted other clearances. If anything I imagine it could speed the process up.

• colonel87
                  colonel87 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Surely it couldn’t slow it down any further lol

• Hey can someone give me a good contact info . I emailed the person I had a email for couole of weeks ago because I had some changes I had to let them know about and I haven't gotten a response back. I don't know if she no longer employed or what. Thanks in advance
                Bring on the FOE

Comment

• I believe it is just [email protected] ---- that's what I used when I moved/had career change.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8564 users online. 433 members and 8131 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X