300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by colonel87 View Post
    Celo182 at least they answered. That is rare! Surprised that the class schedule isn’t set yet. I know the FY19 appropriations bill is still waiting to be passed so maybe that is part of the delay but who knows really.
    There’s rumors circulating on a possible gov’t shutdown or continuing resolution so that may have something to do with it.

Comment

• Also hurricane/fletc shutdown season. HR may have learned not to hurry to get work done around this time of year just to have to redo it on the fly a month later.

Comment

• Northerly
        Northerly commented
        Editing a comment
        You sure called that.

• I can't imagine that with this long of a time period they don't have to redo backgrounds/physicals, and medicals. People gain/lose weight, have a change in lifestyle, other variables during the course of 3+ years.

Comment

• Killyleagh690
        Killyleagh690 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed! A lot has happened since I sent my resume in and did my pre-screen in 2014!!

My poly is 31 months old.... any idea how long it’s good??

• rhody401
        rhody401 commented
        Editing a comment
        who knows.

• JingleHeimerJiffy
        JingleHeimerJiffy commented
        Editing a comment
        31 months...going to go out on a limb and say it's expired.

• Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

• does anyone know typically how many academy classes are run a year? I am assuming no one has received any other dates for any other classes after the mid-oct class

Comment

• ainokea808
          ainokea808 commented
          Editing a comment
          colonel87, that's awesome news. Looks like there's hope for us May '16ers!

• Pat1686
          Pat1686 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh wow! Do they overlap each other at all? I dont know how things are run so just trying to gauge some timing for my own sake.

• colonel87
          colonel87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pat1686 that’s all the info I had unfortunately. Either way, good stuff!

• JingleHeimerJiffy
          JingleHeimerJiffy commented
          Editing a comment
          Classes overlap...there will be multiple classes in different stages at the academy at once.

• colonel87 Absolutely, thanks for the info. At least the ball seems to be rolling in the right direction

Comment

• I’m not sure whats holding up the official press release but like I said a few pages back I’d provide some info.

I ultimately withdrew to open a brewery in Harrisburg, PA. So of any of you guys coming on get Harrisburg swing by and say hi. The place is called Newfangled Brew Works. I’m going to be brewing the beer. It a large building with a separate sitdown restaurant section thats higher scale than a typical brewpub. That part of the business is called Koda. We’re in a 12,000sqft facility that was built from the ground up to house our project.

I already have some test batch brewing equipment delivered. My bigger equipment is all on the way and will begin showing up next week. We are targeting November for opening and shouldn’t have a problem getting open early in the month. For anyone interested you can check for updates on Facebook(not much on there right now).

Newfangled Brew Works & Koda
          8001 Union Station Blvd
          Harrisburg, PA 17111

As much as I wanted to get into the ATF, my knees arent what they should be, I hate running, and I’m not getting any younger. Balancing the needs of the ATF with a little one and my wife wanting another made the decision to withdraw a little easier.

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations on your new business venture!!!!!

• Anyone heard of any more calls or disclosure forms going out?

Comment

• Does anyone know if you get an email or anything say that the background check has been completed and successful or anything?

Comment

• obuck34
              obuck34 commented
              Editing a comment
              No you don’t.

• May 2016, NJ -
            Written Test, PTT, interview, polygraph - all completed
            Background started August 2018
            September 10 2018 - Received Medical clearance.
            September 10 2018 - Waiting for the call and anything else that has to come.

Comment

• blok2400
              blok2400 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is the medical clearance just an email saying you’re clear ?

• obuck34
              obuck34 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, just an email.

• Originally posted by usmc530 View Post
            Does anyone know if you get an email or anything say that the background check has been completed and successful or anything?
            You can try to call and see if it has been submitted/cleared. They usually don’t pick up the phone, but be persistent. Also, if you email them at the applicantinfo.gov email they usually respond quickly to that.

Comment

• colonel87
              colonel87 commented
              Editing a comment
              Who did you call for that? PSD or HR?

• blok2400
              blok2400 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve never had them respond to applicant info

• ainokea808
              ainokea808 commented
              Editing a comment
              WillB1smday, do you have the number that you called for medical clearance?

• So the latest news I heard from a RAC I know was that they anticipate 4-5 classes max this coming FY. The idea of 7 would be great of course. He also mentioned he knows of at least one 2016 applicant starting academy in October. I know we had one that turned it down.

Comment

• ainokea808
              ainokea808 commented
              Editing a comment
              More good news for 2016 applicants!

• Originally posted by ainokea808 View Post
            WillB1smday, do you have the number that you called for medical clearance?
            It’s best to use email. I used this one [email protected]. This person and one other are the only ones that deal with medical as far as I understand.

I email [email protected] for questions about where I stand in the process.

I can’t find the number I called. I do know I had to call it many many times before someone answered.

Comment

• ainokea808
              ainokea808 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the info. Wow, does applicant.info give you actual status for you? They always just tell me "you're still in the process".

• Originally posted by ainokea808 View Post
            Thank you for the info. Wow, does applicant.info give you actual status for you? They always just tell me "you're still in the process".
            I try to ask very specific questions.

Comment

• ainokea808
              ainokea808 commented
              Editing a comment
              Got it. Thank you again!

• Does anyone know if ATF uses UPS/USPS to send the thanks but no thanks letter? I got an email today saying I’m receiving an envelope and nobody has said they sent me a package. No info as to who its from. I’m wondering if I ****ed off HQ by calling too many times trying to figure out things.

Comment

• blok2400
              blok2400 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmmm weird they would let you know you’re getting a physical letter. I can only imagine a thanks but no thanks would be aging out or not clearing background? Maybe it’s a preference sheet.

• Celo182
              Celo182 commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely not a preference sheet, those are via email.

• blok2400
              blok2400 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I wish you good luck man.

• ainokea808
              ainokea808 commented
              Editing a comment
              Celo182, I really dont think its a bad letter. I highly doubt they would do that via snail mail. I'm assuming it's some kind of form that needs to be updated. Keep us updated.
              Last edited by ainokea808; 09-12-2018, 09:39 PM. Reason: Added additional comment.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9462 users online. 537 members and 8925 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X