300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Celo182 View Post
    I called HR today because I emailed an updated copy of my resume and asked that it be included in my file. I was told they only accept the resume you submitted with your application which was surprising. That was almost three years ago and I have done a lot more from a professional work standpoint such as plain clothes and task forces during that time. I wonder if people get passed over for classes because their initial resume looks one way and you don’t get an opportunity to show them a current one once you’re in hiring process completion purgatory like I am.
    +1 for a resume with the security package. I just did it last week.

Comment

• What a complete joke this process is. Applied in Oct 15 when I was 34. Recruiter told me I had plenty of time. Everything was completed minus background by March 17. BI was conducted last month. I told the investigator I’ll be 37 in a month. Don’t worry he says. They wouldn’t assign me your background if they weren’t going to hire you. Got email today, day after my 37th birthday, that I’m ineligible. Good luck to the rest of you but the ATF can kiss my a**!
      Last edited by Jrpd212; 05-24-2018, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        Real sorry to hear that, it’s beyond frustrating. I just don’t get how they aren’t aware of each stage in the process. Putting you through an expensive background a month before you’re 37 is wasting your time and their money.

• smokinghole
        smokinghole commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s ****ty. It is a pretty stupid process. Huge waste of time and money to just screw around this long with candidates.

• Does anyone have the number to call to speak to someone regarding the status of your process? I have the diversity and inclusion one but wasnt sure if someone had a better contact number.

Comment

• Black Ops
        Black Ops commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know about that. I received my med clearance back in Sept 17. I just took my poly 3 weeks ago.

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        As soon as we try and make sense of it, we are proven wrong lol.

• CincyKid85
        CincyKid85 commented
        Editing a comment
        The best way to make sense of it is to not try to make sense of it.

• Pat1686
        Pat1686 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I agree. I am not comparing my process to anyone elses and that includes people that applied the same week as me, interviewed on the same day, and did the PTT on the same day.

• Originally posted by Jrpd212 View Post
      What a complete joke this process is. Applied in Oct 15 when I was 34. Recruiter told me I had plenty of time. Everything was completed minus background by March 17. BI was conducted last month. I told the investigator I’ll be 37 in a month. Don’t worry he says. They wouldn’t assign me your background if they weren’t going to hire you. Got email today, day after my 37th birthday, that I’m ineligible. Good luck to the rest of you but the ATF can kiss my a**!
      Agreed. It reflects poorly upon the federal government. Waste of my time and money.

Comment

• If history repeats itself I would guess this next round of final preference sheets will be in the August- September range?

Comment

• CincyKid85
          CincyKid85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Eh I think there's a good chance. I don't think there's many April 15s floating around so that leaves us next. Hopefully....

• blok2400
          blok2400 commented
          Editing a comment
          I like your positivity, now of this BI will start soon I’ll feel like I’m just waiting on a preference sheet.

• CincyKid85
          CincyKid85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I waited 13 months between poly and the start of my BI. And that was like 8 months ago.

• blok2400
          blok2400 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I guess I should expect that

• is a ride along common in this process? I changed field offices and was wondering if I should reach out to see about scheduling one.

Comment

• vrsimmel
          vrsimmel commented
          Editing a comment
          No. Your reading my timeline for a old process with a local department. Can’t figure out how to get rid of it

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
        Fingers crossed. I think I'll pull my hair out if I don't get in a class until the end of 19FY.
        When did you apply?

Comment

• Does the final preference sheet come in an email or snail mail?

Comment

• Celo182
          Celo182 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine last August was sent via email.

Mine last August was sent via email.
        Roger that, thank you.

Comment

• Spoke to an ATF contact, as we all know this year is full for FY18. FY19 are not full or even selected yet so I guess there’s some potential for us to make that round.

Comment

• colonel87
            colonel87 commented
            Editing a comment
            Any other details? I have heard similar things from a few contacts.

• blok2400
            blok2400 commented
            Editing a comment
            He didn’t dive in further but said he would try. Most I got from that is FY19 isn’t already spoken for and selections need to be made.

• colonel87
            colonel87 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good deal.

• I spoke to someone in HQ a few months ago and was told that ATF makes selections for the upcoming FY classes in the summer, usually around July.

Comment

I spoke to someone in HQ a few months ago and was told that ATF makes selections for the upcoming FY classes in the summer, usually around July.
            question is...are they selecting from those who are completely done with the process? If so...looks like most of us May 2016ers are waiting another year...yikes! Unless med clearance and background clears in a few weeks.

Comment

• colonel87
              colonel87 commented
              Editing a comment
              blok2400 plus, I think most people check the box that waives waiting for the full adjudication before hiring. That is what takes the longest. Interim clearance can be granted pretty quickly.

• Celo182
              Celo182 commented
              Editing a comment
              I wonder if the guy that just got an EOD date was a fillin for someone who was FY18that backed out at the last minute. I can’t imagine that calls for 19 are going out already. What was his EOD date?

• colonel87
              colonel87 commented
              Editing a comment
              Celo182 that would be my guess. I’m not certain on details, but I do know it was an Oct 15 and it was out of the blue. Probably a last second dropout. Offer came a couple weeks ago, I think EOD is this month for them.

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              There was also an Oct 15 who got in the March class. He posted about it several pages ago.

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
            Awesome news. Hoping we all hear soon.
            Indeed

Comment

• Originally posted by blok2400 View Post
              Well based on the resiprocity agreement I imagine you could get a class date before BI is complete ?
              True, more concerned about medical at this point. It’s been almost 12 months since exam and 10 months since follow up. Can’t imagine they would consider job offers without medical clearance.

Comment

• blok2400
                blok2400 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’d agree with that, I haven’t received follow ups but it has been 12 months since exam.

• Chifan12
                Chifan12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same boat on medical and can't get a straight answer.

• blok2400
                blok2400 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I figured the applicant info email would at least respond to me by like week 4 post email.. but no. Medical is still in the dark.

• Well for those wondering, Hell seems to have frozen over today. I called HR....and THEY ANSWERED. Anyways I was told money issues have recently been cleared up so hopefully that's good news for all of us waiting on medical answers.

Comment

• PPD367
                PPD367 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to hear that. Did they say anything about classes invitation yet?

• Chifan12
                Chifan12 commented
                Editing a comment
                No, but tbh I didn't ask. I wasn't prepared to actually talk to somebody :/

• blok2400
                blok2400 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m really excited you won the HR lottery! Lol. That is nice news though.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14471 users online. 453 members and 14018 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X