Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m really trying to understand why some of you have substantial movement while I have had none.
    Last edited by FBIbound; 05-23-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Dea2017recruit
      Dea2017recruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Reading this thread makes me anxious!! I applied back in May 2016. forgot to attach the OF-306 (I think that's the form) so I was not allowed to proceed with the process. went to the next information session which was January 2017. got invited to apply on November 2017. took test March 2018. that's where I am at now. based on what I am reading, it appears it will be about a 3 year process.

• FBIbound
      FBIbound commented
      Editing a comment
      Buckle up and enjoy the ride. Maybe at the 2 year mark you’ll be as crazy as I am.
      Last edited by FBIbound; 05-23-2018, 05:24 PM.

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah probably looking toward 3 years. I share your frustration trust me. I’m having frustration with another 1811 process I’m in too. It seems there’s no concisteny among applicants. I would think they you’ll hear something soon though as you did medical in August I did mine in May and heard Feb this year. Hopefully a few more months. Although I shouldn’t complain considering there’s 2015 applicants without jobs.

• FBIbound
      FBIbound commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe I should of put The A-Team and Knight Rider were two of my favorite shows on my resume.

• My parents taught me if I have nothing nice to say not to say it....so I'll keep reading and not add my two cents as I too have grown frustrated. Thanks for the entertainment.

Comment

• Patiently Waiting. Hope those in pipeline will receive final preference sheet soon and a phone call for class schedule soon after that.
      Last edited by PPD367; 05-17-2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBIbound View Post
        Maybe I should of put The A-Team and Knight Rider were two of my favorite shows on my resume.
        Magnum PI worked for me

Comment

• FBIbound
          FBIbound commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a Heather Thomas poster. I wonder If disclosing that little bit of info would of helped. She was in the Fall Guy which was another great 80’s show.
          Last edited by FBIbound; 05-23-2018, 05:26 PM.

• May 16 applicant. Haven’t heard anything since my medical exam last summer. Just received med clearance today. Finally some movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmiech View Post
          May 16 applicant. Haven’t heard anything since my medical exam last summer. Just received med clearance today. Finally some movement.
          That’s interesting...I’m May 16 and poly’d, but no med clearance yet. Weird...

Comment

• Pat1686
            Pat1686 commented
            Editing a comment
            Theres no rhyme or reason for any of this. I have my med clearance but have not taken the poly yet.

• colonel87
            colonel87 commented
            Editing a comment
            Pat1686 I know of one other person who is in the same situation as you. They are equally confused. Not alone!

• Pat1686
            Pat1686 commented
            Editing a comment
            colonel87 thanks! Thats comforting knowing that. Is that person on this forum?

• colonel87
            colonel87 commented
            Editing a comment
            Pat1686 not that I am aware of

• How soon after doing medical were follow ups requested?

Comment

How soon after doing medical were follow ups requested?
            I was asked to submit follow-up paperwork about a month afterwards...haven’t heard anything medical related since.

Comment

• blok2400
              blok2400 commented
              Editing a comment
              A month after doing your medical ? So pretty quick after initial ?

• FBIbound
              FBIbound commented
              Editing a comment
              I appreciate the info. Are you already an 1811?

• colonel87
              colonel87 commented
              Editing a comment
              I had a follow up request a month after the original as well. Original was May 2017. I’m not 1811.

• Originally posted by blok2400 View Post
            A month after doing your medical ? So pretty quick after initial ?
            Yes, quickly...relatively speaking.

Comment

• blok2400
              blok2400 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah in this hiring process a month is amazing

I appreciate the info. Are you already an 1811?
            Yes

Comment

• To those who have completed backgrounds or are in the background stage. How long after you resubmitted the security forms did it take for your background to get initiated or get called by your background investigator?

Comment

• CincyKid85
                CincyKid85 commented
                Editing a comment
                I waited about 90 days.

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
              I waited about 90 days.
              Awesome. Thank you for the info...I’ll keep...you guessed it...waiting!

Comment

• Chifan12
                Chifan12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Mine only took about a month......but I'm still waiting for med clearance so I don't think the timeframe means a whole lot.

• blok2400
                blok2400 commented
                Editing a comment
                Chi did you only need to meet with your BI once ? That’s how my other process went. He met with me and submitted his report a week later.

• colonel87
                colonel87 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have med clearance and finished the form resubmissions two months ago. No contact from BI yet. Did get a credit inquiry soon after though so someone is doing something.

• Chifan12
                Chifan12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Blok yes that's exactly how mine went.

• Rumor mill for FY19: still staying with the class size of 24 with approx 4-6 classes. Anyone heard something similar or something to the contrary?

Comment

• colonel87
                colonel87 commented
                Editing a comment
                I did see in the FY19 budget request where ATF requested funding for an additional 36 SA positions. That seems like a good thing at least.

• blok2400
                blok2400 commented
                Editing a comment
                Well I guess for us May 2016 folk the question is how many 2015 folk are in front? I see less posts from 2015 people but I know there are some of you waiting. Then there’s those that just don’t check the forum like I do, I probably check it too much.

• CincyKid85
                CincyKid85 commented
                Editing a comment
                There's a handful of October 15s still here. And unless something has changed I believe there's still an April 15 here.

• colonel87
                colonel87 commented
                Editing a comment
                You are right blok, that is the key question.

• I’m still here. Haven’t heard a thing since my BI was poking around at work. Get comfy guys and keep pretending this isn’t happening because it basically isn’t until it happens. I’m working on something that might lead to me ultimately withdrawing after 3 years. Live this process as background noise, it’ll drive you nuts otherwise.

just FYI

oct 15 applicant
              med clearance in Dec 2017 I think
              BI started in Jan/Feb 2018

Comment

• colonel87
                colonel87 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck. Hope you get the call soon.

• I called HR today because I emailed an updated copy of my resume and asked that it be included in my file. I was told they only accept the resume you submitted with your application which was surprising. That was almost three years ago and I have done a lot more from a professional work standpoint such as plain clothes and task forces during that time. I wonder if people get passed over for classes because their initial resume looks one way and you don’t get an opportunity to show them a current one once you’re in hiring process completion purgatory like I am.

Comment

• blok2400
                blok2400 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was asked to provide an updated resume in my updated security package. I still don’t think it counts for anything.

• Black Ops
                Black Ops commented
                Editing a comment
                I was also asked to submit an updated resume with my updated security package.

• CincyKid85
                CincyKid85 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes but Celo, like myself, is October 15. Our hiring process, from reading these forums, has been way different than subsequent classes. I sent in an updated security questionnaire but not an updated resume.

• PPD367
                PPD367 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, everyone is different. I was asked to submit a Supplemental Statement Form for update info, but not update resume.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5303 users online. 222 members and 5081 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X