Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal1030, as a fellow April 15er, please elaborate as much as possible about when you first submitted your eqip, had your poly or background started or completed. I missed being picked up this year on a “technicallity” and am desperately trying to avoid the same fate this upcoming year.
    Last edited by 31Ford; 04-23-2018, 10:45 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

• Federal1030
      Federal1030 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that i know how grueling this process is. I haven’t had the poly yet or background started. Last I heard was when I had the medical exam in September and then radio silence since. I think these forms are the prelude to the polygraph. I filled them out last August when I got the fed ex package but apparently have to fill them out again. From what others have said on here they schedule you for the poly soon after completeting these forms again.

• 31Ford
      31Ford commented
      Editing a comment
      so are you an April 15 applicant that for whatever reason took way longer to get to these steps or was that a typo and you ate an April 16er or April 17er?

Awhile back I was sent something that said essentially “you filled out your background info so long ago we need you to sign this saying nothing has changed or if it has, update it here.”

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah as I’ve stated after eqip I got called about poly 3 weeks later. Poly was scheduled about 5 weeks after that and I have it this week.

• Yeap you caught my typo I’m april 2016. It feels like it’s been 3 years but it’s only been 2.

Comment

• CincyKid85
      CincyKid85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly you're pretty par for the course if you're April 16. Hang in there.

• I think us May applicants seem to all be in the same realm with regards to this application cycle. However, I did my medical last July and have heard nothing nor received anything for Eqip or additional forms. Did any of you contact the recruiter to get this going? Im out of DC if that helps at all. I assume its a waiting game now but any information we can keep flowing on this thread is helpful/hopeful of further advancement.

Comment

• PPD367
      PPD367 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pat1686, the recruiter can’t check your status at all. You need to con tact ATF HQ regarding your medical status. 2026489100.

• ainokea808
      ainokea808 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pat1686, I contacted HQ awhile ago and they basically told me, no new updates, but that I was still in the process. Unfortunately I am out of Hawaii so I will probably hear later than you.

• Pat1686
      Pat1686 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was contacted today by medical and they said to be expecting some more movement shortly. I chuckled!

• Chifan12
      Chifan12 commented
      Editing a comment
      You were contacted how? I find it interesting that when I called a couple weeks ago I was told no money and stand by...then the next day someone posted they got their Med clearance. Then another person gets clearance. Then another person calls and they say I'll have to talk to the doctor....why do j get the feeling we're being jerked around?

• They essentially called me back after a few voicemails. Chances are you're probably correct. I don't believe anything I was told today on the phone. I also contacted med a while back and have kept pestering them about forward movement.

Comment

• Federal1030
      Federal1030 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pat how did you contact medical? Did you just call the HQ?

• Yeah I asked PPD367 and he gave me the number. Lady who answered had my packet apparently and was going to be getting the stamp of approval and assured that there would be some forward movement. I haven't heard anything in almost a year (July would be a year) so I wanted to make sure that things were still going in the right direction.

Comment

• colonel87
      colonel87 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what they told me a couple weeks ago lol. Said she made sure it was on doctor’s desk and he should get to it soon. Not holding my breath on that.

• PPD367
      PPD367 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pat1686, glad that you reach out to her.
      Federal1030, the number is 2026489100.

• Federal1030
      Federal1030 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m just surprised you got any type of actual update from that number. Every time I call they say all they are only capable of seeing if I’m still pending or not-but they’re not able to see any details. Oh and they’re also always thrillllled to even take the call.

• PPD367
      PPD367 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I called in to get update or medical evaluation form, I asked for the person in charge the medical process.

• I just got a request to update my security forms.. I had my poly two days ago. Is this any indication I passed my poly or is this just procedure?

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      No no, I got a pre poly eqip and a post poly eqip. About two months apart. This was what they instructed would occur.

• CincyKid85
      CincyKid85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh interesting. I guess they changed things since I took mine. But that was almost two years ago lol

• PPD367
      PPD367 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I remember that my Eqip invite over 6 months before even got invited to poly. Things have been changed since then I guess.

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha yeah I guess it all depends. From what I can speculate and what I’ve read they now don’t start background once until after the poly is successful. This is probably as not to waste money doing a BI on someone who doesn’t pass the poly. So the Eqip now gets done pre poly and if you pass, post poly as to be as accurate as possible for a BI. Not that there’s a rush for the BI since 2018 classes are full.

• Not trying to bring things down here, but just a reminder to those of us in the process **** can get real, real fast. This is nothing new for those with poliice and military experience, but for those with no prior law enforcement or military it's a good reminder that the job you've applied for can be dangerous. Keep these agents in your thoughts and prayers. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/atf-age...rking-manhunt/

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ten years local law enforcement here.. definitely get that. Very sad situation no doubt. We apply for this and although they’re are risks what a rewarding job to have because of the difference you can make.

• Any April or October 15s hearing anything? Updated pref sheets? Or is it all still radio silence

Comment

• CincyKid85
      CincyKid85 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's discouraging. At this point an email that said we haven't forgotten would be welcome; heck I would take any correspondence.

• Celo182
      Celo182 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oct 15. Silence on my end as well. Been done with everything since the beginning of August 17.

• Chifan12
      Chifan12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Medical too?

• Celo182
      Celo182 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes medical too, everything on my end was finished in August of 2017. I even received a preference sheet at the same time as people who got the call for FY 18 classes.

• try to live your life man. If it happens, great. If not, oh well. Yes it is difficult and an incredibly frustrating process. However, worrying out correspondence will make it 10x worse.

Comment

• blok2400
      blok2400 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll second that, I was all excited the first few months after I applied because the test, fitness test, and interview were pretty quick. About 10 months after the interview I finally take the poly. I’m May 2016 and there’s still 2015 folks. I’d pretty much forgotten I applied until the poly. I’m still on the promotion list at my current job and not putting anything on hold for what may never happen. I will be pleasantly surprised if I ever get the call.

• CincyKid85
      CincyKid85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. I haven't called HQ or sent in any emails in regards to anything they haven't asked for. Just trying to stay positive about the whole thing!

• Had poly earlier this week. Haven’t heard anything. Should I be concerned?

Comment

• Kmiech
      Kmiech commented
      Editing a comment
      Which announcement?

• Shouldn't be worried if you didn't lie. Typically takes about 2 weeks before you hear anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chifan12 View Post
      Shouldn't be worried if you didn't lie. Typically takes about 2 weeks before you hear anything.
      Awesome thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• blok2400
        blok2400 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you receive emails to update Eqip you probably passed. Had my poly April 25th

• Originally posted by Kmiech View Post
      Which announcement?
      May 16

Comment

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh ok. Me too but I haven’t heard anything after medical exam

• Is it normal to receive med clearance without having heard from the BI?

Comment

• Originally posted by colonel87 View Post
        Is it normal to receive med clearance without having heard from the BI?
        Yes, according to previously mentioned info from this forum it is normal. This process...not so much lol!

Comment

• colonel87
          colonel87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I had seen it both ways on looking through some old posts. And you got that right lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12733 users online. 469 members and 12264 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X