Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought we could all share a laugh and an eye roll over this. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...re-they-stand/

Comment

• Chifan12 I especially enjoyed this quote from the last paragraph “Following that memo, the OPM issued guidance designed to achieve an 80-day average from the posting of a job announcement on USAJOBS to a hiring decision.”

Comment

• Well I'm sitting at about 900 days. Now that I think about it that's crazy lol

Comment

• No joke, day 1095 since applying to usajobs.

Comment

• Black Ops
            Black Ops commented
            Editing a comment
            I think 2000 is the magic number

• Originally posted by 12gabri23 View Post
          money_mike Yes, I received the same email; I tested on 03/12/2018. From the looks of everyones' posts on here, we will probably be waiting a while for our PT test lol.

Did you apply to the open announcement this past November? Or did you apple before that?

Comment

• money_mike
            money_mike commented
            Editing a comment
            12gabri23 and I both applied in the November 2017 announcement.

• Received med clearance on Friday. Its almost laughable at this point. The ATF is like 2 years too late.

At this point, even if they offer me the job, not sure if I'll take it. I have two more semesters left to finish my M.S. in Compsci. I'm going to apply to some other options after I graduate. Going into the ATF as a GS-5 or GS-7 doesn't really make sense and would be a very large pay cut. But good news is, its one more slot for the guys still waiting. Good luck everyone

Comment

• This article perfectly summarizes my qualms. I wonder how many talented applicants the ATF loses for their hiring process. They probably don't keep track of this kind of information, but I'd be curious how much money is wasted on people who bow out of the process because they don't have 3-4 years to wait for a job.

“To attract talented and highly-skilled applicants to public service, the application process should apprise job seekers (within applicable limits) and enable them to make informed decisions, rather than deter them from pursuing Federal career opportunities,”

Comment

• When classes are described as “full” does anyone actually know what that means? I just saw on the Nov 17 thread that someone going through the process was told that all 2019 classes are full. Surely that cannot be accurate?

Comment

• colonel87
                colonel87 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, that was what I was thinking as well.

• Chifan12
                Chifan12 commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree.....it would make sense that 2019 is "spoken for" with guys in the pipeline. I had the same reaction when I read the post as you did. I've spoken with HR a couple times recently and they've only ever mentioned this fiscal year....I mean realistically a Nov 17 applicant should have no hope of getting hired in 2019 FY, better to keep expectations realistic.

• colonel87
                colonel87 commented
                Editing a comment
                10-4 on that Chi

• Celo182
                Celo182 commented
                Editing a comment
                I spoke to someone with the ATF at HQ awhile back and was told that classes get selected usually in the summer, June/Julyish. So fingers crossed for those of us waiting that we get selected in a few months and get phone calls in October. He did mention that there are a lot of people who are waiting for a class, how they determine who gets picked is anyones guess.

• Just received email to re submit equip by Friday.

Comment

• Chifan12
                Chifan12 commented
                Editing a comment
                you have to resubmit after passing poly, before background starts.

• Black Ops
                Black Ops commented
                Editing a comment
                I got notified last week to re sign all of those release forms saying too much time had lapsed. Then I got the equip to submit by end of week.

• jdd165
                jdd165 commented
                Editing a comment
                Black Ops when did you apply?

• Black Ops
                Black Ops commented
                Editing a comment
                October 2015

• BlackOps, what steps had you completed? Background start? Poly?

Comment

• Written, PT, Intv, medically cleared , just had to sign a background reciprocity sheet so not sure what that will do as I have a current TS/SCI. No poly yet though.

Comment

• Man this process is something else. Still waiting on Eqip so I can move onto the poly.

Comment

• May 16 applicant, my poly is next week. Have not gotten an official medical clearance. So in any event I would be surprised if a job offer came next year. Still got 2015 people to get through.

Comment

• PPD367
                      PPD367 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oct/15 applicant, I got invited to eQip in Sep 16, then I completed Poly in Nov 16, Medical cleared in July 17. It took time, but if you like the job, it is worth the wait.

• Pat1686
                      Pat1686 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Blok Im May 16 as well and I am still waiting to get the Eqip so I can get my poly scheduled.

• blok2400
                      blok2400 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pat good to know I’m not the only one in person he long game. I always wonder how they determine order. Glad I have a solid job now, just always wanted ATF.

• Pat1686
                      Pat1686 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yah I don't even keep track anymore of how long it has been or when I will receive Eqip/phone call/or scheduling for poly

• Had an interesting conversation with some friends today, both recently retired Feds who are still connected. They explained that the medical clearance is the very last thing that comes. The reason it gets sat on is because once the clearance is issued to you it starts a clock (possibly one year). The clearance would expire after x amount of time so by waiting until they know there is a spot available to approve you, it keeps you from having to re do the medical.

I'm sure there are people on here who have med clearance or have had it for some time and not gotten an offer yet, but it seemed like a good explanation and wanted to share.

Comment

• PPD367
                      PPD367 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That was a reasonable explanation. In my situation, they did not move to the BI until my medical clearance was approved.

• April 15er. Just got the email to resubmit the eqip because too much time has lapsed. First peep I’ve heard since the medical in September.

Comment

• PPD367
                      PPD367 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Federal1030, do you have medical clearance yet? And how about Poly and BI?

• Federal1030
                      Federal1030 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Have not gotten medical clearance yet, no poly, and no bi ywt. The forms I’m filling out again are in order to take the poly next.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9446 users online. 419 members and 9027 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X