300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AintMuch1172 View Post
    An update for you all. I got my medical clearance yesterday, and am officially done with the hiring process according to the recruiter I know. I haven't received a second preference sheet though and never spoke with a BI. But I've joined USBP since this started so I'm assuming my background for them just transferred over.

The bad news: pretty much what we all know, there will not be any more hiring for this years classes. If you haven't heard about your class, you are not in one and there are no spots to fill. Atf will have more classes than they did this year for next fiscal year, and we should hear about if we're in those in the late summer early fall. But as of now, that is done. I've been pretty bummed I'll have waited a full 3 years before I get to go to the academy if I'm lucky enough to go, but whatever. I guess the job is worth the wait. And by this point it's better to not throw it all away.
    Theta why I tell younger guys I work with not to wait because they very well could age out before they get through the process. I hear things like “I’m not ready to move this year or for another Two”. I tell them not to worry, it will be at least two. I’m 31 now so I have time, 2 years almost into the process. I try to just not think about it much because I’m sure I have another year or more. One of the slowest processes I’ve been in.

Comment

• AintMuch1172
      AintMuch1172 commented
      Editing a comment
      The good news is they are trying to fix the process from being so unbelievably long, so it's quite possible you and everyone who's been in it a long time will see good progress this spring and then be slotted for calls. We will see though. It is really unfortunate many guys age out before their time comes. I never anticipated this being such a dragged out process.

• CincyKid85
      CincyKid85 commented
      Editing a comment
      It went quickly up until about 2014. I fear the group's behind us will have an even longer wait. What have you heard in regards to speeding the process up? You can pm me if you'd like. Right now I know my BI has been sent to DC so I'm almost finished.

• 1811_WannaBe
      1811_WannaBe commented
      Editing a comment
      Second that, I would love to know how they are speeding it up. I'm a May 16 guy and it seems like nothing can happen until congress can get their act together!

• Got an email to update background forms today, hope that means I passed the poly two weeks ago!

Comment

• May 16er. Nothing since medical in September. Anyone else not hear anything after the medical for 6 months plus? Seems like most people started the background while pending medical clearance.

Comment

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah same. Crickets over here.

• Pat1686
        Pat1686 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did my medical in July. Havent heard a peep. Approaching 7 months with no word.

• Yep same here too

Comment

• Crickets since June 17” medical other than an email last week saying I needed to check a box I missed on my reciprocity form. I sent the form back over and heard nothing since.

Comment

• Keep your heads up. It's only been 18 months since my panel. Got med clearance in December or November. Got email to update security info last month. Finally heard from a BI this week.

Going in 2.5yrs since applying (but did prescreen in December 14). There's another solid 8 months until the FY19 begins, and plenty of budgetary battles in between.

Comment

• Received E-Quip invite today. At least it’s moving forward.

Comment

• usmc530
              usmc530 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you May '16? and if so where are you being recruited from?

• blok2400
              blok2400 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m may 16... out of Tampa Fla

• Any new eQip invites?

Comment

• Chifan12
              Chifan12 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got one today....to do it again. I guess you have to submit it once before poly and then again before background.

• smokinghole
              smokinghole commented
              Editing a comment
              You submit E-qip once unless corrections are necessary. If corrections are needed they release it back to you and you make the corrections in the time allotted. Recertify signature page and submit back to them.

I did a correction to list high school despite it being longer than 10 years since attendance. My BI is in progress and the last I heard about E-qip was in 2016 after that education correction.

• Chifan12
              Chifan12 commented
              Editing a comment
              Smokinghole, I thought the same because I submitted a correction pre poly...I went back and checked the email confirmation they sent me after approving the pre-polygraph submission and it actually states you’ll have to submit an updated e-qip and packet prior to the BI.....I wouldn’t be surprised if this is something new.

• blok2400
              blok2400 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m excited about my e-quip invite but it’s clear that this doesn’t mean it won’t be a long way. From reading other posts it could be a year after e-quip before any BI or poly.

• Looks like the hiring is at a stop at the moment. The shelf of those who have completed everything is really large , and just received info that if you are still finishing the process you are looking at potentially another couple years before getting on. This as I'm already going on 3 years. Not too happy to hear that as I'm still awaiting polygraph. ugh.

Comment

• Chifan12
              Chifan12 commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting. Here’s what I’ve discovered in talking to people, (Black Ops, I apologize if I was snippy there didn’t mean to discredit your info like that), so in talking with a couple current agents, recently retired and still connected agents, people in the process and the little info I can get out of OPM.....1) Nobody has an identical process 2) There really are not as many people in the pipeline as they would like you to believe. They’ve been taking approximately 2000 applicantions per hiring announcement and lose 70-80 percent by the time the poly and background are completed leaving 2-300 people. Of those they lose more to location, age, life changes etc. 3) Once a budget is in place things will start rolling again, a hard budget which we should have by middlemof march. 4) they are looking to run more classes next year than they did this year, as they are still expecting 500 retirements over the next 7 years and are still trying to fill current retirements. 5) The process right now averages 2-3 years from application not prescreen which would be nice!

This process sucks, but it’ll be well worth the wait. I’ve talked to more people recently who have failed their poly than passed (that’s not an indictment on anyone), I personally know a couple of them and the process is flawed. Hopefully we can all laugh over a cold one at FLeTc about this wonderful process sometime next FY!

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              It depends on when you applied as well. I could see the rest of this FY being filled with the remaining April 15 and a splash of October 15. FY19 filling October 15 and so on and so on. So in theory some folks could have a few more years, specifically April 16 and November 17.

Also I know of several applicants who have been on contact with their BI in the last several days, myself included, if things were on hold I don't know why they would continue to do that. Finally, there just doesn't seem to be as many of us hanging around the board like in years past. I assume that's because there are not many applicants left.
              Last edited by CincyKid85; 02-28-2018, 05:57 PM.

• Black Ops
              Black Ops commented
              Editing a comment
              The HR person I spoke with says processing and hiring are independent of each other. Hiring can stop but applicants will still be processed with the goal to have everyone on the “shelf”. HR said the current shelf is already large so whoever is still in process has a really long wait. They reached staffing goals and only hiring to offset attrition. Just what I was told.

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmmm.. guess we will see. I'm assuming since you said you're coming up on 3 years that you're an Oct 15 applicant?

• Can we get a roll call of those who have received a final preference sheet and not been offered a job yet?

Comment

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you heard any news ford?

• Killyleagh690
              Killyleagh690 commented
              Editing a comment
              April 15 applicant:
              I did the panel and the PT in the summer of 2015 (can’t remeber exact months but it was hot!), I did the medical, drug screen and EQUIP in 11/15. I did the poly in 2/16, and the BI in 3/16. I received medical clearance in October or November of 16. Then radio silence until the preference sheet in 8/17. Nothing since then.
              I called in December to ask about potential class dates. I was told not to expect anything until FY 19, unless someone dropped out.
              Last edited by Killyleagh690; 03-01-2018, 08:03 AM.

• I never received it. Called HR today to try and make sure anything that was gonna time out before they make next years selections was done with plenty of time before August.

All they would say was I am currently done with everything and still in the process.

I know 160ish retired this year and only 117 replaced them and heard they are gonna hire more then 120 next year.

Trying to gauge how many people who got preference sheets are left over from this year. Classes are full like HR says but people continue to drop the offer as things come up and a coworker was offered the job just last month.

Comment

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              160 retired and only replaced by 117? And an additional 120 next year? If that's a credible source and accurate number that's a good sign.

• 160~ and 117 are official numbers. If you are in government now you know how credible official statements can be. Officially my current agency does not have a manpower issue.

They aimed to hire 120 this year. It was my understanding that they hire for known attrition such as mandatory retirements plus the people who quit, were fired, or retired with less notice the year prior.

Take that math and figure maybe 7 classes next year instead of 5. They put that info out around early summer usually so we can see if my hypothesis was right then.

Comment

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              They also stated in their FY19 budget request that they still have 599 agents who will reach mandatory retirement age within the next 7 years.

• May 16er here. Received E-Qip invite today. Things are still rolling...slow rolling, but rolling.

Comment

• jdd165
              jdd165 commented
              Editing a comment
              What time did that email come in was it morning or afternoon?

• Federal1030
              Federal1030 commented
              Editing a comment
              When was your medical? I’m a may 16er too, had the medical in September 2017 and radio silence since.

• jdd165
              jdd165 commented
              Editing a comment
              I completed my Medical in July of 2017

• Federal1030
              Federal1030 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well hopefully I’m a few months behind you getting the E-Qip. This has got to be the slowest hiring processing on earth.

• Med clearance in hand since nov. background has been cleared. Talked to HR today advised like everyone else has said all FY 18 classes are full. Not really sure what they mean by full since people are apparently still getting offers.

Comment

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Do they contact you when the BI is clear? Received medical clearance in Jan and haven't heard a peep since.

• Originally posted by jdd165 View Post
            What time did that email come in was it morning or afternoon?
            Early afternoon...why?

Comment

• jdd165
              jdd165 commented
              Editing a comment
              Trying to figure this process out

• Chifan12
              Chifan12 commented
              Editing a comment
              Careful you’ll give yourself an aneurism.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6277 users online. 191 members and 6086 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X