300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smith6cr View Post
    I spent 5 minutes arguing in my head the other day if I applied in 2015 or 2016. I said there is no way it was actually 2015, we're in 2018. Then it dawned on me, its really been almost 3 years. lol
    It's a little confusing to me also. I did prescreen in 2014 (just barely) and then applied first in Apr15. Then had to reapply in Oct15 due to a disagreement between my resume and OPM. At this point it doesn't really matter, it's been FOREVER. My wife had surgery, recovered, grew a baby, and the baby is almost a year old. All that life happened since my panel interview.

I just received my security update questionnaire last week. I sent it off this morning. It's only been 15 months since I had submitted my E-qip. I'm in the final stages, only two more years to go!
    Last edited by smokinghole; 01-15-2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• Chifan12
      Chifan12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you done with your poly and background too or still waiting on those?

• smokinghole
      smokinghole commented
      Editing a comment
      Poly was done Dec 16. The form I just scanned back to them is to update any changes to my E-qip in order to eventually start my BI, I assume.

• Chifan12
      Chifan12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. That sucks it’s been a whole year without movement for you. Hope this year is better!

• Medical clearance received. Which is strange seeing as how I have already met with my BI and I thought it was the other way round. No complaints though

Comment

Last edited by elementcubed; 02-15-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Whoknows72
        Whoknows72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Which class(month) did you get picked up for?

• Celo182
        Celo182 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man, I am an October 15 as well who received preference sheet in August 2017. I have contacted HQ several times and they continue to tell me FY 18 classes are filled. Someone else at HQ told me they selected FY 18 guys in the middle of 2017 and they will be selecting FY 19 guys in a few months but that doesn't make sense if you weren't finished with everything mid year 2017. Ugh who knows. When did you get the phone call and where did you get offered?

• AintMuch1172
        AintMuch1172 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you specify your class date and other details for us? I don't know if you're saying you've been picked for a class this fiscal year or next because I heard this year was full.

Last edited by elementcubed; 02-15-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Are you saying they no longer tell you the duty location with the job offer but after you except the job?

Comment

• ....... ...
          Last edited by elementcubed; 02-15-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by elementcubed View Post
            I also checked the box that said I am available to work at any location the agency needs, which may be a reason I got called sooner than later.
            I'm not trying to be a wise guy. Are you saying this is a different form than the mobility agreement?

Comment

Last edited by elementcubed; 02-15-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Can anyone elaborate on the process of the schedule B hiring?

Also, is a masters degree required to promote to a certain GS grade? I know on the ATF’s website, in the explaination of pay grades, that one is required to have a masters for GS 9. Was wondering if that is solely for ATF special agents or all federal agencies. I believe the secret service hires at GS 9 with only education requirement being a bachelors.

Comment

• AintMuch1172
                  AintMuch1172 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Currently with USBP. You need a masters degree to be a 9 with any agency as far as I know. Regarding schedule B hiring, the way it worked for me was ATF sent out an agency wide email asking for recommendations for agents. I was recommended, my name was put on an email list and when the announcement opened I applied. From there the hiring process has been the same as any other except very long, as you can see by the posts.

• May 16er, Had my polygraph yesterday. Feeling pretty uneasy about it. Hopefully not the end of the road. I didn’t lie about anything, but those things are so subjective and the Agent doing it isn’t allowed to give any sort of indication on if you passed or failed. Trying not to read too much into the Agent saying they saw “deception” on some questions. Anyways, have a buddy who is really good people and has family in ATF and they failed him a couple weeks ago, so anything is possible. If I failed should hear within the next couple weeks via email. If passed they said you’ll just move on to background stage. Good luck to everyone else, like I said hopefully this isn’t the end for me! If anyone on here has taken and passed the poly and doesn’t mind PMing me about how they felt after I would appreciate it!

Comment

• Is it possible to change your preference sheet. I filled mine out over about 1 1/2 yrs ago and moved far away for another L.E. gig. I notified HQ of the move, but was hoping I could modify my "preference sheet"

Comment

• AintMuch1172
                    AintMuch1172 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you're talking about your initial preference sheet, as far as I know, the answer is no. But this sheet doesn't really do very much besides give a general idea of where you'd like to go. You'll get a second one which will be of the available field offices, and that will be a more accurate representation of your choices. HR might be able to do something for you, but based on what I've seen it's all a matter of what's available anyway.

• Originally posted by Smilingsmokey View Post
                  Also, is a masters degree required to promote to a certain GS grade?
                  No. The degree only helps in getting hired as a GL-09, not in getting promoted to GL-09. One year of satisfactory performance in grade as a GL-07 is sufficient for promotion.

Comment

• How did ya go on to start the process?
                    what to send and say to the recruiters?

I am 25 years old and have a bachelor in criminal justice, bilingual (spanish and english), currenlty working at a private detention facility contracted by the USMS as a correctional officer. Would I meet the minimum requirements?
                    Last edited by turrubiates53; 01-31-2018, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• AintMuch1172
                      AintMuch1172 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You would, but your best bet is to contact a recruiter. When I applied it was through recommendation and getting a shot didn't require much besides a degree. I've heard how they want applicants to have 3 years experience.

• Originally posted by Chifan12 View Post
                    May 16er, Had my polygraph yesterday. Feeling pretty uneasy about it. Hopefully not the end of the road. I didn’t lie about anything, but those things are so subjective and the Agent doing it isn’t allowed to give any sort of indication on if you passed or failed. Trying not to read too much into the Agent saying they saw “deception” on some questions. Anyways, have a buddy who is really good people and has family in ATF and they failed him a couple weeks ago, so anything is possible. If I failed should hear within the next couple weeks via email. If passed they said you’ll just move on to background stage. Good luck to everyone else, like I said hopefully this isn’t the end for me! If anyone on here has taken and passed the poly and doesn’t mind PMing me about how they felt after I would appreciate it!
                    I’m May 16 too but I have heard nothing since my medical and drug screening that occurred in June 17. I’m glad to see you’re moving on. Did you do your poly before your med clearance?

Comment

• Chifan12
                      Chifan12 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Have not heard anything from medical yet. Keeping my fingers crossed on the poly. No news is good news, but failure notices I think typically go out within 2 weeks.

• CincyKid85
                      CincyKid85 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I waited 16 months between poly and medical clearance. Just fyi.

• An update for you all. I got my medical clearance yesterday, and am officially done with the hiring process according to the recruiter I know. I haven't received a second preference sheet though and never spoke with a BI. But I've joined USBP since this started so I'm assuming my background for them just transferred over.

The bad news: pretty much what we all know, there will not be any more hiring for this years classes. If you haven't heard about your class, you are not in one and there are no spots to fill. Atf will have more classes than they did this year for next fiscal year, and we should hear about if we're in those in the late summer early fall. But as of now, that is done. I've been pretty bummed I'll have waited a full 3 years before I get to go to the academy if I'm lucky enough to go, but whatever. I guess the job is worth the wait. And by this point it's better to not throw it all away.

Comment

• CincyKid85
                      CincyKid85 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      True. But there still may be applicants that may decide they don't want the job for whatever reason. There's still hope!

• AintMuch1172
                      AintMuch1172 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's possible, it's all out of my hands now. If I hear anything else, I will keep you all updated on here.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10457 users online. 314 members and 10143 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X