Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an update being a month past receiving med clearance. I haven't heard a thing. Cool, right?

Eh, it's normal now.

Comment

• Hello all. New to the forum. Quick question
      how do you go on to submit an application for atf?
      hows the process?

Comment

• AintMuch1172
        AintMuch1172 commented
        Editing a comment
        When I applied for ATF it was done through invitation based on recommendation by agents I knew. I'm not sure how it's done now, or if there are public announcements. My best advice would be to contact a recruiter near you, look at atf's website to find one so he can answer your questions. My experience in the process is that it has been long and you will at points see movement very fast, and other times you will wait a good while to hear anything. It's an amazing job though and well worth the wait if you can get it. Nothing quite like being a special agent.

• Hey guys....I know of someone in the November 15 group who just scheduled their poly this week. Movement is happening. Hang in there.

Comment

• I am still waiting ever since my medical and drug test in June. Considering medical clearances have shown to take upwards of a year or more I will sit and wait. Luckily, I am 31 so if I age out, the process was REALLY long. Good luck everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by turrubiates53 View Post
          Hello all. New to the forum. Quick question
          how do you go on to submit an application for atf?
          hows the process?
          As stated, it is a long process and you need to be referred by another agent if schedule B continues. I would say that at a minimum, two years before getting offered a job if you are successful with the process. This is not to discourage by any means, it is just something to prepare for with any 1811 job. I applied in May 2016, exam around August 2016, fitness test in December. My last update was June 2017 where I did medical and I have heard nothing since. In any event the first hurdle is the special agent exam which required studying for me. You can look through the forum but the best study guide is the Master the Special Agent Exam book that you can buy on Amazon. Good luck!

Comment

• CincyKid85
            CincyKid85 commented
            Editing a comment
            There's no reason to be worried. I waited 14+ months to receive mine and had no correspondence during that whole time frame. It's a waiting game and this is the longest part of it.

• MadMax322
            MadMax322 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh okay that makes me feel better. I'll try to just be patient and wait it out since I'm nearing the end. Thanks!

• CincyKid85
            CincyKid85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup that's all you can do. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out why so and so got through step X faster than you did. We've all done it, believe me. Just be ready to give them what they ask for and sit back and wait like the rest of us! I'm coming up on 3 years since I sent in my resume

• ainokea808
            ainokea808 commented
            Editing a comment
            blok2400, same boat as you. I'm a May 2016 applicant as well.

• Another academy is in the books according to the ATF facebook page. That's 24 more bodies ahead of us down!

Comment

• Boo!....its the ghost of Christmas past!

Comment

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Still waiting on medical clearance? Lol

• Coming up on 2 years past my polygraph! No end in sight!

Are there any other people who received a preference sheet , but have not heard anything since then?

Comment

• Celo182
              Celo182 commented
              Editing a comment
              Me... nothing since preference sheet in August

• Bar6607
              Bar6607 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same as Celo

• I know of at least one at my job who receive preference sheet and has not been called yet.

Comment

• Im assuming you guys got mostly good news since you all have kind of disappeared from the forum

Comment

• what is there to write about?

Comment

• Killyleagh690
                  Killyleagh690 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly. I don’t even have a guess anymore. I felt very good after the preference sheet, but 4 months later I still have nothing else.
                  I don’t really mind the wait, I just wish I had some idea of what to expect. As an April 15er, I have to be getting close.... right?

• Closer than me, a fellow April 15er with no preference sheet, but there was that October 14er who just got offered a few months ago after getting his final preference sheet in August of 2016! So who knows.

Comment

• Do they send an email if you pass the BI or is it like the poly where no news is expected?

Comment

• Talked to HR today , stated the continuous CRs have bogged everything down and won’t speed up unless a full year budget is finally passed. Ugh , thanks Congress

Comment

• I spent 5 minutes arguing in my head the other day if I applied in 2015 or 2016. I said there is no way it was actually 2015, we're in 2018. Then it dawned on me, its really been almost 3 years. lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9012 users online. 230 members and 8782 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X