Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical clearance received. I'm not sure when the MRO looked over my follow-up paperwork from February but the letter granting the clearance is dated very recent. Doesn't make sense that I had a week turn around on the second follow up compared to the submission of the first. Then 9 months later I get clearance. So that's a grand total of 15 months since my physical, 25 months since the USA jobs application, and 35 months since prescreen interview.

Comment

• At least we are almost all in the same boat smokinghole

Comment

• I think our boat is a little slow. I wish I was in the boat that wasn't powered by a hamster and a toothpick for an oar.

Comment

• Well at least your boat is powered. I'm sitting at 15 months since my medical with no follow ups and no clearance. I'll see y'all at fletc in 2056.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
            Well at least your boat is powered. I'm sitting at 15 months since my medical with no follow ups and no clearance. I'll see y'all at fletc in 2056.
            I emailed them today and asked if I was still in the process. They said yes. Thats about the closest I've come to news for 11 months since I sent in medical follow up lol

Comment

• Received an updated security questionnaire today. So there's at least that. Still no medical clearance.

Comment

• Celo182
                Celo182 commented
                Editing a comment
                Is that the disclosure form that people have been receiving before they get the call?

• CincyKid85
                CincyKid85 commented
                Editing a comment
                No. It's asking if any of the info submitted for the BI has changed since it was sent in.

• As an April 15 Applicant, I felt I had to be getting close to a call. I cleared medical in 2016, and didn't hear anything until I received a Preference Sheet in August. Since the Preference Sheet, I have not heard anything, so I finally made my first call to HR.

they confirmed they had received my preference sheet. I followed that up with a question about prospective class dates. I was told the "most of the 2018 spots have been filled" and that if I had not heard anything then I probably wasn't in one. I was told that I may be in line to fill in if someone dropped.

i can tell you that I am very frustrated. It's been a long wait, and I don't mind the waiting, but I really don't understand the process. I thought for sure I would be in one of the 2018 classes, but I guess not.

Comment

• Celo182
                Celo182 commented
                Editing a comment
                Wtf that is some ****ty news. I’m an Oct 15 and I got my sheet in August as well, felt the same way that I would get a class this FY too. When I called HQ a few weeks ago to confirm they had all my stuff they confirmed and when I pressed them on a class the lady had this odd tone and said you’re good for now. I’m beyond frustrated as well and to make matters worse I constantly have people at work as well as my family asking if I’ve heard anything.

• If it makes you feel any better, most if not all of the people in my current job who have been called lately have turned it down for one reason or another. Hey you got a preference sheet. More then I have as a fellow April 15er.

Comment

• CincyKid85
                CincyKid85 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think a good number of people will turn it down due to various reasons. On a good note for you guys, it's just the first class of the FY. I'm sure you'll snag one of the 4 that are left.

• I know of someone called for a March class. turned it down.

Comment

• CincyKid85
                CincyKid85 commented
                Editing a comment
                At least at this point you know it's just a waiting game. Stay positive!

• Celo182
                Celo182 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thats what has me worried. Calls going out for March already. Only leaves one or two classes left.

• Depends on what times out and I redo. drug test or medical? no biggie. poly or panel? roll the dice and see what comes up.

Comment

• Killyleagh690
                Killyleagh690 commented
                Editing a comment
                The poly really is a wild card! I did mine in February of 16. Not sure how long it lasts, but I would hate to have to do it again.

• CincyKid85
                CincyKid85 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed. I've talked to several agents who work out of our department and they've all said it's just a matter of them finding a spot and class date at this point. I doubt they would make us retake a poly or panel. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking....

• Looks like a Nov. 17 group has been invited to apply through schedule B. Hopefully this means they are planning on continuing to hire several new agents over the next few years.

Comment

• CincyKid85
                CincyKid85 commented
                Editing a comment
                Fingers crossed. I'm hoping that's a good sign and we continue to move on. Hopefully quicker than we were.

• I'm only 34 now. Nov 17 might get hired by the time I'm 40 at the rate the rest of us are going.

Funny thought. Do they keep the pipeline packed because hiring takes so long that people ultimately drop from the process or turn it down? Or! Is the pipeline simply packed because it takes so long to get hired. What came first, chicken or the egg?

Comment

• Pmgrad08
                Pmgrad08 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think its a combination;;; people applying from all over and not enough individuals to get it all processed in a timely manner and not skip a beat as far as the quality of applicants they're hiring to keep our borders safe...I am a 34 yr old female; started the process in July still waiting on a Poly...like most of us

• Hello all,

I am an ATF applicant from October 2015 and have just recently found this forum. I am a little confused with the process and what my prospects are for getting into one of the 5 classes this year. I know calls are going out for the March class, but there are still 4 others to go.

I am currently with USBP, and ATF recently sent me an email from an investigator requesting updated security info and clarifying some things regarding my background. He said that this all meant my background investigation was about to start, and that ATF will be able to use my CBP background which I assume will speed up the process significantly.

All other steps in the process have been done including the poly and medical clearance, so I wanted to ask if anyone knew what it will look like from here. Can I hope for a spot in a class this fiscal year? What can I expect following the background? I received a preference sheet from FedEx earlier in the process but haven't received one since.

I appreciate all the help and will be happy to answer any questions anyone else may have.
              Last edited by AintMuch1172; 11-29-2017, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Celo182
                Celo182 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m currently USBP and an Oct 15 er as well. I spoke to hq again today and once again was told pretty much all classes for FY 18 are filled and that there were a substantial amount of applicants who had completed thehiring process :/ FYI I’ve been done since August when others received an updated preference sheet. My advice is to settle in and basically forget about it because waiting and thinking about it sucks big time.
                Last edited by Celo182; 12-01-2017, 12:14 AM.

• CincyKid85
                CincyKid85 commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think calls for the whole year have gone out though. Technically you're done with everything and waiting on a spot so they could be talking about you too. It could be wishful thinking but I do have a sneaky suspicion that some Oct 15s will grab a few spots at the tail end of this FY. And if not oh well, what's another year at this point?

• Celo182
                Celo182 commented
                Editing a comment
                I tried pressing her about the calls and she made it sound like the calls had already gone out and the only calls would be for filling the spots made by people who dropped out of a class. I hope you’re right and I’m wrong but I hung up not feeling very happy with the info I received. She said they had a long list of finished applicants and that in their system I was complete with everything but was shown as simply pending. Just trying to pass along what I heard yesterday. I make it a point to call them with semi regularity just to see if their info stays consistent with what they tell me.

• CincyKid85
                CincyKid85 commented
                Editing a comment
                I saw on another message board where there are like 200 applicants waiting on a class date and another 700+ in various stages of the process. That was posted several months ago.

• meeting with BI next week at my job. Lots of movement this week. Doubt an academy slot for 18' though.

Comment

• Pmgrad08
                Pmgrad08 commented
                Editing a comment
                Someone else has them meeting them at their job too; is this protocol...my job doesn't even know I'm leaving and I don't want them to know until I have a final offer so I hope this isn't the same for everyone; goodluck!

• rhody401
                rhody401 commented
                Editing a comment
                Pmgrad08

It is my understanding that they have to (as they should) meet with your current and past employers to verify and to get the testimony of your colleagues and supervisors.

• CincyKid85
                CincyKid85 commented
                Editing a comment
                My memory is a little fuzzy because it was so long ago, but I believe they ask for your current and former supervisors information. So it stands to reason that they would be interviewed.

• Pmgrad08
                Pmgrad08 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes they ask for the information but they also ask if its okay to talk to them; I'm okay with my former employers but my current doesn't even know I'm going through this process so again a bit awkward to do without a job offer

• I was screened in February 2016, and applied I believe in May of 2016. I passed the fitness test in Jan 2017 then I had to deploy overseas. I have been home for a few months and finally got the recruiter to contact me back. I told her my situation and I’m waiting for her to follow up with me. The interview is the next step I believe. Has anyone heard of any interviews coming up? Do they schedule interviews with a lot of applicants at once or is there a chance they’ll setup an interview just for me to move forward?

Any info would be great.

Comment

• colonel87
                colonel87 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same announcement as you. I had my interview early spring and I think several others did as well. You might have to wait and interview with the most recent November announcement group unfortunately. An October 15 announcement friend of mine had to interview same time as me due to extenuating circumstances as well.

• ls1_oklahoma
                ls1_oklahoma commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the response, I was afraid of that. I recall they tried to schedule me for April 2017, but I was gone by that time. I thought I fell through a gap because I couldn't get anyone to email me back when I tried to continue in the process. Hopefully the recruiter I finally contacted follows up with me. But after reading this forum, I still have a long wait ahead of me.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11564 users online. 281 members and 11283 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X