Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I took an offer from a Sheriff's office. I am happy because they are paying me and sponsoring my academy tuition. I still hope ATF comes around one day. It is just unfortunate that it is taking this long. I could not give up a sure thing for a maybe. Best of luck to all my October 15'ers.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Watch them call when at the point when forget all about your application!

• Congrats. No sense in putting your life on hold for something that may or may not happen.

Comment

• Congrats. You can't wait forever on the ATF. Its a long shot.

Comment

• I've been looking. I have a meeting next week that might end up with an interesting opportunity. This process and its zero communication, no background started, no med clearance 14 months post exam and 9 months post follow up request doesn't give me any confidence. I guess my name didn't make it up on the wall they toss darts at while blindfolded.

Comment

• CincyKid85
          CincyKid85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Man I agree. Just throw me a bone of some sort and I'd be happy. I haven't heard a single thing in almost 14 months.

• Go-getters, I haven’t posted in quite some time because I accepted a job with another 1811 agency. However, I kept myself in the ATF process with hopes I would eventually get “the call” with a location that worked out for me. With that being said, I received a call two weeks ago offering me an SABT class in late Feb (the CITP class would have started in Nov). Unfortunately, I declined due to the location. I’m sharing my timeline with you all to show you how long this process can take, so hold on, be patient, and enjoy the ride. The call will EVENTUALLY come.

My background: 5 year veteran of the USMC; Master’s Degree in Homeland Security. At the time I applied to be an ATF 1811, I was currently working for the ATF in their services division. About a year after applying, I received a different job offer and went to FLETC.

Good luck to all. I rarely check this forum anymore so if anyone sends me messages I will attempt to respond ASAP.
        • July 2014- Pre-screen Interview
        • Oct 2014- Applied on USA Jobs
        • 11/26/14- Received email to schedule written exam
        • 12/12/14- Took Written exam (found out grade via email shortly after leaving test site)
        • 1/13/15- Received email to schedule fitness test
        • 1/29/15- Took fitness test
        • 2/25/15- Received phone call to schedule interview
        • 3/4/15- formal interview
        • 5/14/15- Received the mysterious “FedEx Package Email”
        • 5/15/15- FedEx package delivered
        • 5/18/15- Filled out correspondence from the FedEx package and mailed back
        • 5/21/15- Submitted eQIP
        • 5/27/15- Took drug Test
        • 6/17/15- Medical Evaluation
        • 7/21/15- Polygraph
        • 10/14/15- Interview with Background Investigator
        • 10/20/15- Received Med Follow Up (for high creatine level in urine)
        • 10/27/15- Emailed the med follow up results with my updated blood work. The POC responded to said email with "received thanks"
        • Early June 2016- Received same med follow up as above (apparently the results I submitted in Oct weren't filed)
        • 6/23/16- Forwarded the email I sent in October 2015 with the previous follow up results AND a receipt from the POC stating “received”.
        • 7/28/16- Received med clearance.
        • 8/2/16- Received updated preference sheet
        • 9/8/16- Received another updated preference sheet/disclosure form
        • 9/24/16- Received another preference sheet
        • 11/17/16- Received an email saying I was tentatively selected for a CITP class in FY17
        • 11/17/16 – Being that I already completed CITP I forwarded CITP transcripts to the applicant branch – they confirmed saying “thanks”
        • 9/4/17- Received a call to update my urinalysis (initial one expired due to the time in the process)
        • 9/12/17- Received email requesting my CITP transcripts (apparently they didn't file them in November)
        • 10/3/17- Received call

Comment

• 31Ford
          31Ford commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for posting that. It mostly has had a positive effect on my outlook.

Until reading your post, I thought I was being royally boned in this process. Applied on usajobs April 2015.

Have had guys I applied with hired as early as November 2016 and now have guys who applied after me getting hired.

My background wasnt taken for whatever reason and by the time it got sorted out, if it got sorted out yet(no ones talking to me) the preference sheets went out in August.

The bad side of your story is now if I get the preference sheet next summer I might have to wait a whole nother year before being offered a class? That means an EOD date as late as year 2020.

I had pretty much moved on before I saw your post, but now I am definitely moving on, just wont feel so particularly unlucky I guess.

At this rate I could form my own federal law enforcement agency and crown myself director before I get the call. We are hiring. The process is schedule B and is slated to take 9-18 months. Now is a great time to apply as we have 40% of our work force eligible to retire in the next 5 years.

Thanks for your post though.

• CincyKid85
          CincyKid85 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's insane. I have an acquaintance who applied with a federal agency as an 1811 about the time I did my medical and he has already been through the process, gotten hired, and gotten a class date.

• Celo182
          Celo182 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that is depressing. Got your final preference sheet in 16 and didn't get offer until end of 2017. I really am beyond confused with this process as some who got preference sheet same time as me this August have already been scheduled for classes while some of us have not. Any chance you can say the location you were offered? You can PM me if you would rather not say.

• Medical clearance received------ (August 16 med, Lasik in September, Follow up docs submitted January 17).

Comment

• CincyKid85
          CincyKid85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats. I may be the only one left!

• You aren't the only one.

Comment

• CincyKid85
          CincyKid85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well we can suffer together. I'm only 14 months post medical without a peep.

• smokinghole
          smokinghole commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep. I did my exam in August 16 and submitted a follow-up in January and again early Feb. They were quick to request more info on one of the items from the first follow-up request. Then nothing.

• Background investigator tried to visit one of family members today.

Comment

• CincyKid85
          CincyKid85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you gotten medical clearance?

• smith6cr
          smith6cr commented
          Editing a comment
          Not yet. Still waiting

• Anyone have any sort of idea when or if they will put out another announcement for ATF Agent ?

Comment

• Originally posted by dom1220 View Post
          Anyone have any sort of idea when or if they will put out another announcement for ATF Agent ?
          I don't think there will ever be a USAJOBS announcement until schedule B is done.

Comment

• Oct 15 here , received medical clearance about a month ago. just waiting on poly/background. Was advised all FY18 classes are full. I'm pretty sure most guys from 15 group will get in FY19

Comment

• I wonder how many guys who got preference sheets this August are left over after the classes were filled?

Assuming they sent more preference sheets then spots in classes to take care of the people that said “no.”

Comment

• Celo182
                Celo182 commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope you're wrong as I am currently a preference sheet holder in limbo without a phone call yet. I don't get why they would send out sheets only to not give everyone a spot. You would think they would call everyone who got sheets, get a total number of nos and then offer that many slots to people who didn't originally get a sheet in August.

• I too, hope I am wrong.

I should clarify, I know of people who were notified of classes starting in May etc. of last year that werent told until February or so. So I dont think all preference sheet people who are getting hired this year have been called yet. However, I do think more get preference sheets then get calls. And at the end of the year, I would assume they subtract from the next years hirings who get preference sheets.
              Last edited by 31Ford; 10-23-2017, 07:16 PM. Reason: more awake now.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything?

Comment

• cs288515
                  cs288515 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I haven't heard anything since receiving med. clearance in September.

• Anyone else hear 150 new agents per year for the next five years through schedule b? I don't follow this thread all that closely so I don't know what's already been discussed, but I was told that was very new news in the last few days. Does this match up with what anyone else has heard?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10742 users online. 362 members and 10380 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X