Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did those that got selected last year for a class in November or December get notified? Did they also receive an email stating they were slated for a FY17 class before they got the call?

Comment

• Originally posted by Celo182 View Post
      When did those that got selected last year for a class in November or December get notified? Did they also receive an email stating they were slated for a FY17 class before they got the call?
      On page 655 on 11-18-2016- the first mention, I saw, concerning the message stating "you are slated for FY 2017"
      Other comments were made later saying the letter noted " 6-8 week notice"

There appears to be only 1 wave of preference sheets sent for FY 2017.

also concerning timing

Page 657
      "11-21-2016, 08:42 PM
      Ok....here is the skinny. I know for a fact, someone received a call for the dec. class on the 15th of Nov.(not me) Two days later another person received the call for the Jan 2nd class the morning of the 17th (also not me, please don't message me about it it's not up to me to tell more info, nor do I even feel comfortable doing so). Both of these people got their preference sheets Sept. 13. as did I. From what I have heard (and also guessing) what is taking so long and determining the call is they are really trying to get people where they want to go. The good news is if you received the new email for tentative class selection you are set and just waiting (also something I heard second party). Personally though, I think those were sent out for people that will fill the last two classes to ease their nerves about the coming administration mixed with post preference sheet silence. Again. Who the heck knows this is all guessing and second hand info but the call info is all true regarding the dec and jan classes."

- AL_NERI
      Last edited by buddy_hamilton; 09-05-2017, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• So we have another year or more for the rest of the Oct 15 pool. I'd just be happy to hear anything about an SSBI starting at this point. It's only been 9 months since my poly and almost 8 months since a medical follow-up was requested.

Comment

• cs288515
          cs288515 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same, only 10 months since my poly and 13 months since medical with no follow ups. Still waiting for a sign.

• CincyKid85
          CincyKid85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Add another log to that fire. One year since the poly and 13 months post medical with no follow ups.

• http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ccarthy-242327

House Republicans plan to pass a three-month continuing resolution to fund the government this month and will push any fight over President Donald Trump’s border wall until later this year, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said Tuesday.

Comment

• When you have 24 hrs to submit something to applicant info, how do you know they got it in time if you sent it 18 hrs prior after hours?

Comment

• Originally posted by buddy_hamilton View Post
            http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ccarthy-242327

House Republicans plan to pass a three-month continuing resolution to fund the government this month and will push any fight over President Donald Trump’s border wall until later this year, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said Tuesday.
            We might have a FLETC water park hurdle to get over before the yearly budget battle.

Comment

• Killyleagh690
              Killyleagh690 commented
              Editing a comment
              CITP classes are being sent home from FLETC today, and not returning next week.

• Does anyone actually know who does the medical clearance? Like what happens with the paperwork after you do your initial medical paperwork?

Comment

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Gotcha. I wasn't sure if it was either A) sitting on someone's desk collecting dust or B) had been reviewed, approved, and is only waiting to get sent out at the appropriate time.

• Celo182
              Celo182 commented
              Editing a comment
              A polite phone call to the nice lady listed in your medical email goes a long way, at least it did for me.

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              I never received a medical email. Can you elaborate any?

• Celo182
              Celo182 commented
              Editing a comment
              I received an email for follow up, and then another follow up. I sent in my last follow up paperwork at the end of last year. Finally I got sick of not hearing anything so I called the lady that sent me the email. I asked her if she could please provide me an update and if the doctor had looked over my docs. She asked my name and said oh I have your file right here, looks like it just needs a final look over, hows next week sound. I told her that would be great and sure enough the following week I received an email stating I had medical clearance. I've learned during this process that persistence can help.

• I try not to bother HQ, but that CELO's piece of information is very tempting...

Comment

• Killyleagh690
              Killyleagh690 commented
              Editing a comment
              Timing must be everything. I did my medical follow up in March of 2016. Around August, with no updates, I called and they would not give me any information. I finally received my medical clearance in late September of 16.

• Spoke to HR today and was told all FY 18 classes are full. Preference sheets that went out must have covered the whole year. Here's to FY 19.

Comment

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a bummer. That'll put me at almost 3 years if I even get the preference sheet next august/September and who knows when for an actual class date. At least we can all suffer together.

• Celo182
              Celo182 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did they mention anything about when calls would go out?

• JingleHeimerJiffy
              JingleHeimerJiffy commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by JingleHeimerJiffy; 10-05-2017, 03:13 PM.

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              On another note, the governor of Georgia just declared a state of emergency for 30 counties which includes Glynn County where FLETC is located.

• Originally posted by cs288515 View Post
            Spoke to HR today and was told all FY 18 classes are full. Preference sheets that went out must have covered the whole year. Here's to FY 19.
            They'll get to us when they get to us. The time for hiring urgency had passed and we're left to fill the ranks at their leisure. At 125 slots a year they probably have 5 years worth of candidates, so long as everyone makes the cut, doesn't age out, and don't move on.
            ​​​​​​
            I think at this point I am going to try and move on from my current job and maybe even house like this isn't happening. I suggest others in Oct or the later group in April do the same. If this works out, cool, if not I didn't wait around for nothing to happen.

Comment

• Is anyone having movement with their background investigator? Any recent interviews or referrals saying they were talked to?

Trying to gauge if these investigations are getting done or if they are sand bagging since they probably have enough guys with clearances THEY WILL TAKE in the pipe.

Comment

• cs288515
                cs288515 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have seen a couple on here that have started in the last couple months.

• CincyKid85
                CincyKid85 commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you still waiting for your medical clearance Ford?

• 31Ford
                31Ford commented
                Editing a comment
                received it February.

• I have knowledge of someone receiving an email regarding an applicant disclosure form...what's that and what does it mean in regards to the hiring process?

Comment

• Celo182
                Celo182 commented
                Editing a comment
                I received the preference sheet in August as well but nothing about a disclosure form

• elementcubed
                elementcubed commented
                Editing a comment
                Same as Celo182

• Celo182
                Celo182 commented
                Editing a comment
                I got to the bottom of the other emailed form his morning. Lets just say November looks good for those of you lucky enough to have received it.

• Downsouth88
                Downsouth88 commented
                Editing a comment
                Celo182, what did you find out?

• Originally posted by cs288515 View Post
              Spoke to HR today and was told all FY 18 classes are full. Preference sheets that went out must have covered the whole year. Here's to FY 19.
              Is it the assumption that those in the fy2018 classes have received calls advising the same?

Comment

• waitingtowait
                waitingtowait commented
                Editing a comment
                no call yet here either.

• Killyleagh690
                Killyleagh690 commented
                Editing a comment
                No call either. I was told the first class is in November, after the May '17 class graduates.

• JingleHeimerJiffy
                JingleHeimerJiffy commented
                Editing a comment
                Last edited by JingleHeimerJiffy; 10-05-2017, 03:13 PM.

• USPO2014
                USPO2014 commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad to hear that. After almost 3 years, some good news would be welcome.

• Anyone hear how bad FLETC got hit?

Comment

• Anyone hear of FY18 class dates yet?

Comment

• ainokea808
                ainokea808 commented
                Editing a comment
                Heard from a recruiter that all FY18 are full.

• waitingtowait
                waitingtowait commented
                Editing a comment
                I would guess they have enough applicants in the process that are at a point close to or have completed the process that can fill classes for the year. I would guess that's why the person you spoke to is calling FY18 "full". The question I was trying to find out was FY18 class dates.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16453 users online. 327 members and 16126 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X