300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by waitingtowait View Post
    Another week down and crickets. My guess is that not much is going to happen at this point until 01OCT.
    I think you are right, except not just Oct 1. Hate to be a Debbie downer but I bet it depends on the bickering about budget and potential shutdown. I'm happy I'm not at FLETC with the FY ending in 34 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post

I think you are right, except not just Oct 1. Hate to be a Debbie downer but I bet it depends on the bickering about budget and potential shutdown. I'm happy I'm not at FLETC with the FY ending in 34 days.
    Cincy/Smoke, I hope that the alleged class happens in Nov. It makes sense that these last pref sheets would be used in connection with the next scheduled class. I would think subsequent updated sheets would be used as classes resume and fill up billets at office locations. Not sure how/when money for following year FY classes are appropriated, but they may already have the money. 5 classes of 25, if that happens, probably won't add to the current numbers. It will probably just replace the attrition numbers.

Comment

• CincyKid85
      CincyKid85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm when did you hear of a November class?

• Just a rumor about a November class. Probably more speculation than anything. My fault, I should have been more clear. Don't want to spread false info.
    Last edited by waitingtowait; 08-27-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• CincyKid85
      CincyKid85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Regardless, I think they know what they're doing and it will all work out in the end. You gotta remember there's a class behind the October 16 pool so they had to have at least been expecting a bit more hires in the end.

• Killyleagh690
      Killyleagh690 commented
      Editing a comment
      I like that optimism Cincy!
      Hopefully a CR will get the November and December classes funded before 10/1.

• Realistically how good is the ATF at getting people close to where they want to go for their top choice on the preference sheet? If the shaded offices really mean its an office that needs bodies and I put that as my top choice, would that hopefully mean I have a better shot at getting it?

Comment

• P.K. Highsmith
      P.K. Highsmith commented
      Editing a comment
      Complete crap shoot. In my class about half the class got one of their top 3 choices, the other half got a random field office. So many factors for an individual applicant, it is impossible to predict. How many people ahead of you put down the same choices as you, another field office having sudden vacancies, etc.

• JingleHeimerJiffy
      JingleHeimerJiffy commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by JingleHeimerJiffy; 10-05-2017, 03:15 PM.

• P.K. Highsmith
      P.K. Highsmith commented
      Editing a comment
      PMs cleared.

• October 15 applicant. After complete and total silence after polygraph in early September 2016, received an email today from Intake and Investigations (BI) requesting updated information for paperwork submitted in August 2016.

Still no medical clearance.

Comment

• cs288515
      cs288515 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great news!! Do you need a full BI completed or do you have a clearance?

• Updated ti2015's status sheet as of 8/29

Update inaccuracies at your discretion

April 15

Downsouth88 - Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)
    Jrpd212 - Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)
    Braves1995 - Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)
    mih pihsrow Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)
    Cage123 - Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)
    Killyleagh690- Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)
    JingleHeimerJiffy- Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)
    NC_Mtnman - Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)
    ti2015 - Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)

ijc - Awaiting preference sheet (last update 08/2016)
    OPMGUY - Received med clearance, April 2016
    ​​gloveandco04 - Awaiting preference sheet
    313Police - Awaiting med clearance
    31Ford - Awaiting med clearance
    mpfeddie - Awaiting med clearance
    +1 - Awaiting med clearance
    CLOS35 - Completed poly
    Rick Nelson 12 - Awaiting poly
    1811hopefull - Awaiting FedEx
    Viking14 - Awaiting FedEx
    rjs - Awaiting FedEx

October 15
    Bar6607 Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)
    waitingtowait Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)
    elementcubed Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)
    Celo182 – Preference Sheet (Aug 2017)

eaglesWR7 - Poly, Nov 2016
    Chapmanp1 - Fixed eQIP, Nov 2016
    Smokinghole - Fixed eQIP, Oct 2016
    CincyKid85 - Polygraph, Oct 2016
    Smith6cr - Polygraph, Oct 2016
    LEO1811 - Polygraph, Oct 2016
    obuck34 - Polygraph, Oct 2016
    MDPO32 - Awaiting FedEx, Sep 2016
    DPHUSMC5803 - Awaiting FedEx, Sep 2016
    Mountaineers#79 - Awaiting FedEx, Sep 2016
    CaptWolf - Awaiting poly, Sep, 2016
    Lawlor - Awaiting poly, Sep 2016
    WhiteLightning - Scheduled poly, August 2016
    Lee23 - FedEx, August 2016
    Echat12 - Awaiting FedEx, August 2016
    BCJ - Awaiting FedEx, July 2016
    Vrsimmel - Received FedEx, July 2016
    Waitingtowait - Medical, July 2016

May 16 - PTT to be completed before Dec 2016

colonel87
    Marathon
    RettAllan17
    Phnx7
    Radio Raheem
    Odo1987
    Dom1220
    TJF5K
    Bliskin
    Blok2400
    StickerShock
    Slgolden0
    Apache82
    Balco42
    HSVP
    Theone1111111
    Probandparole16
    Bcash87
    Ifaynshteyn
    Covert_13
    Tyrell_jones3400

Comment

• ainokea808
      ainokea808 commented
      Editing a comment
      add me to the list.

I am a May 16 applicant. went to medical, awaiting official medical clearance and drug screening (july 2017)

• TJF5K
      TJF5K commented
      Editing a comment
      I literally just started a couple of weeks ago - I am behind schedule with the rest of the May 16 applicants.

• K9creed
      K9creed commented
      Editing a comment
      May 16 here.
      Just finshed medical and drug, waiting on clearance.
      Awaiting Polly and BI.

• For those of you that received the final preference sheet, did anyone get a confirmation email back stating they received your filled out sheet after you emailed it back? I didn't and was wondering if that is the norm.

Comment

• Cage123
      Cage123 commented
      Editing a comment
      No response for me either.

• No response.

Comment

• I received a response only because I asked them to confirm receipt.

Comment

• May 16 applicant. Med and drug screen done

Comment

• It seems like they are moving along the May 16 applicants much quicker that us Oct 15'ers. On a positive note, if this doesn't teach patience, nothing will!

Comment

• colonel87
          colonel87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by colonel87; 12-06-2018, 09:05 AM.

• cs288515
          cs288515 commented
          Editing a comment
          @CincyKid85: I am in the exact same boat as you. Hang in there brother hopefully it all works out for us.

• CincyKid85
          CincyKid85 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's all part of it. Everyone knew how long this process could take before they applied. So there's no sense in backing out or complaining. At this point, with everything done minus med clearance and BI, we just have to kick back and wait it out.

• cs288515
          cs288515 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea, buckle in for the ride and hope they keep putting classes through.

• @colonel87: 4 years!? Did he have to redo everything (physical fitness, medical, interview)?

Comment

• colonel87
          colonel87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Unsure on what they had to redo. This person was hired several years ago, like mid 2000s I think. Schedule B is still better than regular process and that agent would most certainly agree.

• Originally posted by ainokea808 View Post
        @colonel87: 4 years!? Did he have to redo everything (physical fitness, medical, interview)?
        I'm curious if that's 4 years from vacancy announcement to hired or if there was a prescreen like now? Granted it's due to a technicality, I'm coming up on 3 years since prescreen, but 2 years since the vacancy that for me past the HR weenies. I'd love to know what everyone else's transcripts looked like that gave them trouble with mine.

Comment

• colonel87
          colonel87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Might have been from the pre-screen, I am not sure. I just know he told me it was about a 4 year process for him and several of his classmates took around 3-4 as well. I also know someone else who only took 9 months, go figure. Everyone's path is different.

• ainokea808
          ainokea808 commented
          Editing a comment
          On that note, can you guys clarify for me, what exactly is Schedule B hiring? And is that what we are on?

• smokinghole
          smokinghole commented
          Editing a comment
          https://archive.opm.gov/Strategic_Ma...c/FLX05020.asp

That explains Schedule B appointment authority. We are being hired through schedule B. As long as we are qualified it's not technically a competitive hiring process as the authority exists with the assumption it's difficult to evaluate in a competitive manner. Why the ATF is allowed and continues to utilize Schedule B is sort of confusing when other agencies are hiring under normal competitive process. I do see the positive for the ATF as only those they deemed already qualified are allowed to apply for the position. Plus for us, we aren't competiting against 20,000 applicants.

• ainokea808
          ainokea808 commented
          Editing a comment
          ah gotcha. thanks smokinghole!

• On another note that really wasn't a lot of people who received medical clearance and preference sheets which makes me feel more confident that they didn't send them our for all of FY18

Comment

• Celo182
          Celo182 commented
          Editing a comment
          Based on those numbers I would have to think you're right. Hopefully the first batch of sheets are for the first or 1st and 2nd classes.

• I'm sure there are some not on the forum but I doubt there are THAT many.

Comment

• 31Ford
          31Ford commented
          Editing a comment
          If someone can tell me what forum page this second round of fy2017 preference sheets is first talked about that would be great. I can't find it.

I see preference sheets going out September of last year and then at a later point some of those same people receiving an email saying the ATF intends to put them in a class that same fiscal year.

Personal theory: starting fy2017 the ATF finally had enough applicants done everything to not have to work class to class. So ALL preference sheets went out shortly before the fiscal year started.

• CincyKid85
          CincyKid85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Page 703 is when it started I believe

• 31Ford
          31Ford commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are for fy 2018. People have been stating two rounds of preference sheets went out for fy2017, one in september of 2016 and one later on. Cant find the second occurence.

• CincyKid85
          CincyKid85 commented
          Editing a comment
          The only other thing is where those who received s preference sheet in september-ish also received an email in January stating they were tentatively selected for a class that year.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13133 users online. 232 members and 12901 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X