Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just found out that...based on grads from the academy over the recent years, the last step is the email from D.C. with the preference sheet asking for you location(s) you would like.

Comment

• Downsouth88
      Downsouth88 commented
      Editing a comment
      So the sheet that some received last Friday wasn't the "final" sheet? I know you receive one as the beginning...

• waitingtowait
      waitingtowait commented
      Editing a comment
      IMO. If the NOV CITP class date is true....The first sheet sent out had the most locations and initial cleared applicants will be placed as needed. As the locations get filled, current agents in place are able to pcs etc., another updated sheet will get sent out for those cleared, but not yet given the FO. Only a guess, but who knows. Budget battle looming could always throw a kink in things.

• Aardvaark
      Aardvaark commented
      Editing a comment
      The sheet you receive after you get notified of your medical clearance is the last step before the call. You are given 24 hours (I believe) to return it with your choices.

• Celo182
      Celo182 commented
      Editing a comment
      Aardvaark, I hope you are right that the sheet several of us received is indeed the last sheet before the call and there won't be another one with hardly any choices.

• We know the next class isn't before November, and we know Congress did not approve a FY 2018 budget before going on vacation.

Last year, the "final" Preference sheets went out in mid-September. I believe it is too early to consider these last Preference sheets "final". Why would they send them out 14 weeks before the next class and without a budget?

Comment

• Originally posted by Killyleagh690 View Post
      We know the next class isn't before November, and we know Congress did not approve a FY 2018 budget before going on vacation.

Last year, the "final" Preference sheets went out in mid-September. I believe it is too early to consider these last Preference sheets "final". Why would they send them out 14 weeks before the next class and without a budget?
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember the last time gov approved funding before midnight 31SEP. We are only talking a 4-5 week difference on when the sheets went out last time. Guess we will all find out together.

Comment

• Is anybody else hearing about the social security supplement we get between retirement and 65 possibly going away with upcoming legislation?

In a nutshell they wanna take it away for anyone who retires after Jan 1 2018.

Bad for all of us in the long term but in the short term it would make all those eligible to retire but holding till 57 retire early, freeing up tons of spots for new hires across federal law enforcement.

My agency anticipates about 150 people putting in their papers over night if it goes through.

Comment

• I have a feeling due to all the drama and fighting in Congress this budget process will be drawn out. I see not great things in the horizon for us trying to get hired. Which is why I'm exploring other opportunities at this point. I can't sit here and seriously expect this Congress to do anything effective at this point. I'm already looking at another year as I've yet to get medical and no BI contact. My lack of clearance and a looming budget battle on the horizon makes things look dim.

Comment

• I'm in the same boat. Honestly we're probably looking at two budgets needing approved before we get in. FY18 and FY19. So that's a double bummer.

Comment

• Well continuing resolutions seem to happen in time all but once.

Comment

• I am a May 2016 applicant. I last did my fitness test in January 2017. Since then I have been deployed and will be back in approximately 60 days. The contacts I did have for the hiring process are not working in recruitment anymore; therefore, I reached out to my local office to make sure I am being tracked to finally complete the interview when I return. The RAC said he is trying to find out who could assist me.

While I wait for his response - my question is if anyone on here knows of any upcoming interview dates possible in October and later? Does the ATF schedule multiple interviews at once; similar to FBI and USMS, or could I get called in by myself to check the box and move forward?

Comment

• Originally posted by ls1_oklahoma View Post
                I am a May 2016 applicant. I last did my fitness test in January 2017. Since then I have been deployed and will be back in approximately 60 days. The contacts I did have for the hiring process are not working in recruitment anymore; therefore, I reached out to my local office to make sure I am being tracked to finally complete the interview when I return. The RAC said he is trying to find out who could assist me.

While I wait for his response - my question is if anyone on here knows of any upcoming interview dates possible in October and later? Does the ATF schedule multiple interviews at once; similar to FBI and USMS, or could I get called in by myself to check the box and move forward?
                May 16, applicant. Did my interview in may 17 I think. Not sure what group you would be put with. I know there were multiple interviewing with me in Tampa.

Comment

• ls1_oklahoma
                  ls1_oklahoma commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks - I think I could've done it back in April 2017 if I wasn't gone.

• Originally posted by ls1_oklahoma View Post
                I am not sure what you mean by "multiple interviews", but I only attended and know of one interview. Normally after the interview you wait around a few months or maybe nine and then get a an email for your next step.

The most important part for you will be communication with HR and your PIO/Recruiter. If you move or go anywhere other than your original address, will not be able to be communicated with, etc., you NEED to communicate this with HR. The recruiter can help you navigate the process but cannot act on your behalf so more than likely they will tell you to contact HR at the applicant info address.

Being diligent in the process will serve you well. I have had my packet handled by three offices in total.
                Last edited by NC_Mtnman ; 08-13-2017, 08:31 PM. Reason: I always forget something.

Comment

• ls1_oklahoma
                  ls1_oklahoma commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As for the multiple interviews I was referring to if they schedule several interviews at once, like an all day event of cycling applicants. Hopefully I hear from them soon, thanks for the response.

• Wow, this is disappointing. Any new updates besides those who received pref sheets a week or so ago?

Comment

• Downsouth88
                  Downsouth88 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wonder how long does it normally from receiving the preference sheet until the "call"? I would venture to say that many would probably start getting them around the end of the month or in September.

• Celo182
                  Celo182 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A friend of mine is in the academy now and he said it took 4 months between preference sheet and the call. He received his sheet though at the beginning of 2017. Hopefully those of us that got the sheet receive calls soon for classes at the end of this year.

• Killyleagh690
                  Killyleagh690 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A co-worker of mine received his pref sheet with everyone else 9/16. He was notified 10/16 that he was tentatively selected for a FY 17 class. He was called on 2/17 with a final offer, and started the academy 7/17.
                  Last edited by Killyleagh690; 08-16-2017, 01:14 PM.

• Nothing for me. I did get excited when I saw an OPM investigative branch letter on the desk of my HR guy. It was for me to fill out on a former employee that I supervised, so I was less excited.

Comment

• Crickets as well. Awaiting medical clearance and still have to go through a full BI. Does anyone know about how long that takes? Just curious. And by how long it takes I mean the BI.
                  Last edited by CincyKid85; 08-16-2017, 05:32 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

• I also received a preference sheet on August 4th. Sorry I didn't post earlier, it's been a bit since I've been on the forum.

Comment

• Celo182
                      Celo182 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congrats, when did you initially apply? Seems that those of us that received them were April and October 15

• Has anyone figured out the common denominator for those October 15 folks that have moved along in the process? Are you all already 1811's with clearances?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5966 users online. 387 members and 5579 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X