Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so does the "Updated pref sheet" mean that you are more than likely getting into a FY class?

Comment

• Celo182
      Celo182 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope so. Nobody seems to know for sure though. Hopefully it means a class date and an early one at that.

• Have any other April 15 applicants on here NOT gotten a preference sheet?

Comment

• cs288515
      cs288515 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they start your BI?

• 31Ford
      31Ford commented
      Editing a comment
      Frankly, not entirely sure. My only contact with an investigator was a few months ago when they emailed me saying my background info was submitted so long ago they needed me to sign a piece of paper stating nothing new had come up.

I currently hold a TS with full scope poly and background and have stood next to the most powerful people in the world with a gun, so I dont know what the hold up is.

You dont need a background completed in order to be hired.

• This is a little off topic but since we have a lot of different fed leos on here does anyone trade challenge coins?

Comment

• Originally posted by Celo182 View Post
      This is a little off topic but since we have a lot of different fed leos on here does anyone trade challenge coins?
      I can't speak for the others ,but you guys do challenge coins too? I thought that was a military thing, and most in the USAF didn't carry one. I carried a unit coin around out of pure necessity.

Comment

• Celo182
        Celo182 commented
        Editing a comment
        Border Patrol has challenge coins and the HSI office I'm attached to has one as well. I know other agencies around my area have them as well.

• smokinghole
        smokinghole commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually makes plenty of sense, not sure why I was surprised at first.

• Originally posted by Celo182 View Post
      This is a little off topic but since we have a lot of different fed leos on here does anyone trade challenge coins?
      The ATF has a large amount of coins out there from different offices. My office in particular makes very few runs of coins where others make a run each year. When I left the BP they always had them in stock.
      Last edited by NC_Mtnman ; 08-14-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Celo182
        Celo182 commented
        Editing a comment
        When you refer to "my office" are you actually an ATF agent or does that mean the office you processed out of?

• NC_Mtnman
        NC_Mtnman commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by NC_Mtnman ; 08-14-2017, 11:51 AM.

• For May 16 people, how long until you got the call to take your drug test? I got my packet two weeks ago and did my medical yesterday. I'm wondering if I should call them to make sure something didn't fall through the cracks. I had to travel 4 hours to do my medical so I live in an area with limited options for testing and I'm wondering if that has an effect.

Comment

• Covert_13
        Covert_13 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think it would hurt to call and see.

• colonel87
        colonel87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Within a week of getting the package I was scheduled for drug test. A proactive call to check can't hurt. Did it at a local facility five minutes from my residence.

• marathon
        marathon commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks everyone, I tried calling but got the message saying do not leave a message on this line recording. I'll send an email to make sure it on record.

• marathon
        marathon commented
        Editing a comment
        Got a hold of ATF. They said drug test calls go out as soon as your packet is processed, so they appear to be a week behind.

• Originally posted by marathon View Post
      For May 16 people, how long until you got the call to take your drug test? I got my packet two weeks ago and did my medical yesterday. I'm wondering if I should call them to make sure something didn't fall through the cracks. I had to travel 4 hours to do my medical so I live in an area with limited options for testing and I'm wondering if that has an effect.
      Drug testing has far many more options. You had to travel to a US govt physician for the physical, someone in your area has to do employment drug screening.

Comment

• marathon
        marathon commented
        Editing a comment
        All true, but I would have thought I would have gotten a call for a drug test by now.

• May 16 applicant also. Received my FedEx about 1.5 weeks ago. Got my medical and follow-up down within the next few days of receiving FedEx. I did not receive a call for drug screening though.

I'm a little worried because I'll be on vacation next week for about a week. What if they call while I'm away?

Comment

• Originally posted by ainokea808 View Post
        May 16 applicant also. Received my FedEx about 1.5 weeks ago. Got my medical and follow-up down within the next few days of receiving FedEx. I did not receive a call for drug screening though.

I'm a little worried because I'll be on vacation next week for about a week. What if they call while I'm away?
        call your recruiter and let them know

Comment

• ainokea808
          ainokea808 commented
          Editing a comment
          I emailed the applicantinfo team and they gave me a weird response...I'm thinking they misunderstood...

• Will the rest of us April and October 15s be waiting until next August to get medically cleared and receive a preference sheet? How will that work with the steps that time out?

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
          Will the rest of us April and October 15s be waiting until next August to get medically cleared and receive a preference sheet? How will that work with the steps that time out?
          Didn't a bunch go out in January '17 also?

Comment

• Celo182
            Celo182 commented
            Editing a comment
            Does anyone know when the first two classes will be held?

• CincyKid85
            CincyKid85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where does that leave us for steps that time out though? I'd really prefer to not retake the poly or interview again. But I remember a few pages back that they're only good for a certain amount of time.

• buddy_hamilton
            buddy_hamilton commented
            Editing a comment
            It is to my understanding that the expiration of the steps applies if you leave the hiring process. If you reapply you do not have to complete that step - if the results have not expired (in theory).

An example, the written exam is good for 2 years. BUT that does not mean that if you do not get hired, while in the process, in two years you have to retake the exam. Evidence of this can be seen by the dozens of guys/ gals who have waited for 3 years to get hired and have not had to retake the exam. I assume this is true for the other milestones (poly, panel, fitness test, etc)

• 31Ford
            31Ford commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope and pray thats true as I am on the 3.5-4.5 year plan.

• Last FY classes were November, December, January, March, and July.

I assume the spread of 5 class of 24 would be close to this schedule.

Comment

• Celo182
            Celo182 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for that info.

• Aardvaark
            Aardvaark commented
            Editing a comment
            May, not March.

• The crickets are starting to chirp again in the darkness of post preference sheet uncertainty. I heard if you picked a shaded office on the sheet you automatically get bumped back to be considered for FY2020. : )

Comment

• Downsouth88
            Downsouth88 commented
            Editing a comment
            If that was so, then why would they send out preference sheets if they are selecting for 2020... from what others have stated, the sheets that went out are most likely for FY 18 folks. From my understanding, if one selected the box at the bottom, then you're telling them that you will go anywhere they need agents.

• CincyKid85
            CincyKid85 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe he was making a joke. What else can you do at this point but laugh

• I heard if you dont get a preference sheet it is because they are letting you pick whatever you want. Up to and including working from home. I heard all of this in my own head though.

Comment

• NC_Mtnman
            NC_Mtnman commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure. You can work from home and drive whatever you want since you won't be working for the ATF. HA!

I wish there was some emo emoji I could place here. An evil laugh or something....

• May 16 here. I too recently completed my medical and awaiting drug screen. Is there any possibility that we could make this FY?

Comment

• NC_Mtnman
            NC_Mtnman commented
            Editing a comment
            I have to type at least ten characters .... short answer is, no.

• rhody401
            rhody401 commented
            Editing a comment
            hellllllllllllllllllllll no

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16939 users online. 520 members and 16419 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X