Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the most recent list. Why we care, who knows? Just for curiosity sake I guess. Anyways...

April 15 Group

Updated 07/14/2017

ijc - Awaiting preference sheet (last update 08/2016)
    NC_Mtnman - Received med clearance, April 2017
    mih pihsrow - Received med clearance
    31Ford - Received med clearance, February 2017
    OPMGUY - Received med clearance, April 2016
    ti2015 - Received med clearance, Oct 2016
    Cage123 - Received med clearance, Dec 2016

313Police - Awaiting med clearance
    mpfeddie - Awaiting med clearance
    Braves1995 - Awaiting med clearance
    +1 - Awaiting med clearance

CLOS35 - Completed poly
    Rick Nelson 12 - Awaiting poly
    1811hopefull - Awaiting FedEx
    Viking14 - Awaiting FedEx
    rjs - Awaiting FedEx
    Last edited by NC_Mtnman ; 07-14-2017, 04:12 PM. Reason: General update.

Comment

• I got my med clearance in February if it makes anybody looking at the number of April 15ers waiting on it and getting discouraged.

Anybody hear any more rumors about number of classes for FY2018?

I know barely into calender year 2017 word was 5 like FY2017. But I heard something different recently and was wondering if anybody else did too.

Comment

• NC_Mtnman
        NC_Mtnman commented
        Editing a comment
        I will fix you on the list.

My PIO said to expect more of the same for FY 18. We are in a good spot it seems.

• cs288515
        cs288515 commented
        Editing a comment
        It would be nice to get some classes of 48 mixed in. I don't think that will happen though.

• FD2FED1977
        FD2FED1977 commented
        Editing a comment
        Classes of 48 are done. If we did them, we'd do less per year ending up with the same number of new hires in the end.

• cs288515
        cs288515 commented
        Editing a comment
        @FD2FED1977: Any recent updates on class number for FY 2018?

• Hopefully you April 15ers can push through so us October folks can start getting in. For obvious reasons I'm partially biased! But I believe we're still in a good spot overall.

Comment

• Let's hope so. I guess this serves as a reminder to NOT apply if you are close to your 32nd Birthday considering how long the process is.

Comment

• This will be my third birthday since my prescreening. I might be in another age bracket for the PFT by the time they get around to us.....

Comment

• At this point is it safe to say most Oct. 15 applicants without a previous clearance won't make it into a FY 2018 class?

Comment

• NC_Mtnman
              NC_Mtnman commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe. Maybe not. A lot of applicants are just trying to get hired and the Border Patrol and CBP in general will EOD more people this year than all other federal agencies combined for the next 2-3 years. A lot of people may get sucked up, quit, get a felony, beat their wife, so you never know. Just keep doing what HR asks for and be happy you are not out of it.

• smokinghole
              smokinghole commented
              Editing a comment
              Only one way to find out. ...wait. Like already mentioned, a lot can happen right now. If people are willing to take whatever comes around that changes things.

I'm probably rare that I only have my name in this hat, no other 1811 positions. If it works out cool, if not, I'll still sleep at night. I'm honored to make it to this point in such a coveted LE position.

• CincyKid85
              CincyKid85 commented
              Editing a comment
              My issue isn't with the fact that its taking so long to get medical clearance. The hard part for me is that its been 10 months and I haven't heard a whimper. Heck I'd even take an email that says we haven't forgot about you.

• Hey, does anyone know what a pre-employment screening is? Basically I just want to know how much time do I need to commit to get it done? Have to figure something out with my job. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Jbmedina View Post
              Hey, does anyone know what a pre-employment screening is? Basically I just want to know how much time do I need to commit to get it done? Have to figure something out with my job. Thanks
              Are you talking polygraph or another FedEx packet task? Or are you being invited to the quick face to face meeting that is the first step to allowing you into the application?

Comment

• I am very new and naive to the ATF hiring process or any federal hiring process, but am just looking for advice.

I am close to the the end of a hiring process for a different law enforcement agency but would love to end up ATF.

I just received an email from ATF alerting me that they are sending the FedEx package this week.

I guess my question ion would be should I go ahead with the other agency if I get the offer letter? Or defer and wait to see what happens with the ATF or?

Fyi I applied in may of 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by pa6009 View Post
                  I am very new and naive to the ATF hiring process or any federal hiring process, but am just looking for advice.

I am close to the the end of a hiring process for a different law enforcement agency but would love to end up ATF.

I just received an email from ATF alerting me that they are sending the FedEx package this week.

I guess my question ion would be should I go ahead with the other agency if I get the offer letter? Or defer and wait to see what happens with the ATF or?

I'm a May 16 applicant as well. It's going to be another year or two wait for ATF realistically speaking. Not to mention the poly is never guaranteed. I would accept the offer and gain the experience. Then when you get the official call you can make a more informed decision.

Comment

• Take the other job and leave this on the back burner, there's no knowing how long this will take.

Comment

• Originally posted by pa6009 View Post
                      I am very new and naive to the ATF hiring process or any federal hiring process, but am just looking for advice.

im in the exact same boat. I took another 1811 gig knowing I was going to stay in the ATF process. It's worth it in the end and there are absolutely NO guarantees that ATF is going to work out.

Comment

• Take the other job and SPRINT.

Comment

• Just got my Fed Ex package. Any one know if the BI will come to my department before I take the poly or get medical cleared?

Comment

• Tider1mt
                            Tider1mt commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm local PO by the way.

• Pwclark15
                            Pwclark15 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You probably don't have to worry about that for a while. MY FedEx package was well over a year ago and still no word from the BI. I filled out the paper work to initiate my BI last September or October and still patiently waiting.

• cs288515
                            cs288515 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yea, it was recently mentioned in the 2016 thread that HR said Oct. 15 applicants prob. won't make it into classes until 2019. That puts us around 4 years waiting to get hired. I Really hope this isn't true.

• CincyKid85
                            CincyKid85 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            They could mean FY 2019 which would start in Oct of 18. That would put the October pool at 3 years which is well within the realm of possibility.

• For those wondering, received word that FY18 is slated for 5 classes of 24. Same as FY17.

Comment

• cs288515
                            cs288515 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Heard the same. 5 classes of 24 for FY 2018.

• NC_Mtnman
                            NC_Mtnman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I was told to expect the same thing as FY 17.

• ainokea808
                            ainokea808 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            People here are saying classes are full for FY18 and maybe even FY19...have you heard those same things as well?

• Aardvaark
                            Aardvaark commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I can't speak to that. All I know is that it would be unusual for calls to go out more than six months out from the start date.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5364 users online. 229 members and 5135 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X