Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 16 applicant- interview was in April. Radio silence. Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• Federal1030
      Federal1030 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any word from your point of contact? My point of contact said to be patient they are still processing but I know of candidates who were interviewed out of the same office (NY) in April and recd the Fed Ex package about a month ago.

• usmc530
      usmc530 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. She said sorry that it's taking such a long time. But I'm hoping that if we didn't make it, then they would have already emailed us saying that we're out. I tried calling HQ to and they said that they don't know when we'll get an answer.

• Federal1030
      Federal1030 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I figured the same. Gotta love this waiting game...

• K9creed
      K9creed commented
      Editing a comment
      April 2016 applicant here, I interviewed in DC in March. No further contact yet. But I've herd others in the same group getting FedEx packages already too.

• Received notification today for medical follow up. Wondering if anyone who has experienced this can lend some advice.

A couple issues. I've been recently diagnosed with an auto immune disease which is manageable with meds and will go into remission once the right dosage is figured out. I also had an injury over a year ago and they want follow up from a doctor confirming no physical limitations (should be easy).

it also appears that the federal health left the results of my cardiogram and tb test out of my file even though they provided me copies of both.

Does anyone know as far as these follow ups go, if they are actively trying to dq people or just dotting i's and crossing t's? I'm nervous that because I haven't reached remission yet that it could be an issue. Also has anyone else experienced incomplete packets being turned in by federal health?

hoping it's a good sign that things are moving along as it's only been 2 months since the initial medical evaluation.

any advice/comments welcome. Thanks!

Comment

• obuck34
      obuck34 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry don't know the answers to your questions but dang that's crazy your an April16er right? Already getting medical followups??

• P.K. Highsmith
      P.K. Highsmith commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely wouldn't say they are actively trying to DQ people. If they were, they wouldn't waste time with a follow up. I think they are fulfilling their liability to ensure you can make it through the academy and the rigors of the job.

• Chifan12
      Chifan12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response!

• colonel87
      colonel87 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with PK, I doubt they are actively trying to DQ you. I did my medical beginning of May and got a notice to do a minor follow up last week. While it can be stressful, it is great to know that they are going over the medical stuff fairly quickly.

• Affirmative April 16

Comment

• Give them what they are looking for as best you can. Bring the request with you to your doc so they know specifically what is being requested. The missing stuff should be easy, they probably lost it in handling somewhere. If you're having a hard time getting it all together reach out to the contact a week before the deadline to extend your submission window. I was given my follow up request the Friday before Christmas. Everyone I called didn't get back to me for almost 12 days. That cut my time in half.
      ​​​​​​
      I have a minor disability rating for tinnitus from military service and had to explain the disability and how it became awarded. I also provided as much info supporting (multiple hearing tests beyond theirs) that tinnitus a non-issue for me to fulfill the duties of an 1811. Sending a letter or medical definition of your auto immune disease and explaining the course of treatment might help out. Maybe your MD's office would do it for you on their letter head.

Comment

• Chifan12
        Chifan12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the insight!

• Are there still a lot of April 15 applicants in the process? Has anyone heard anything about possible class dates for FY 18? Is it possible to get into a class without the background investigation being 100% complete?

Comment

• smokinghole
        smokinghole commented
        Editing a comment
        Technically, yes, you sign a waiver stating you'll accept training with out being fully cleared and if you were refused adjudication for some reason you recognize it will result in the loss of the position. I forget the specific wording but that is the cliff notes I remember.

I don't know how everyone's clearances are handled outside the DOD, as they are dealt with with differently than LE i think. Hence why DOD clearances aren't often reciprocated bit other agencies tend to be.

• ti2015
        ti2015 commented
        Editing a comment
        So, this is a list that was last updated in April of this year (see: https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...28#post6432228), but it shows where April 15 folks were as of then.

As you can see, like a third of the April 15 folks who have been active on the forum look to have gotten a job offer, but it's hard to say if that's representative of the group as a whole.

April 15

duc888 - Received preference sheet Sep 2016
        RR82 - Received preference sheet Sep 2016
        RR5 - Received preference sheet Sep 2016
        Roldi - Received preference sheet Sep 2016
        Aardvark - Received preference sheet Sep 2016
        +1 (Roldi's friend from Idaho or Indiana or whatever state starts with "I") - Received preference sheet Sep 2016
        Zulu101 - Received preference sheet Sep 2016

ijc - Awaiting preference sheet (last update 08/2016)
        OPMGUY - Received med clearance, April 2016

ti2015 - Received med clearance, Oct 2016

313Police - Awaiting med clearance
        31Ford - Awaiting med clearance
        mpfeddie - Awaiting med clearance
        Cage123 - Awaiting med clearance
        mih pihsrow - Awaiting med clearance
        Braves1995 - Awaiting med clearance
        +1 - Awaiting med clearance
        NC_Mtnman - Awaiting med clearance

CLOS35 - Completed poly
        Rick Nelson 12 - Awaiting poly
        1811hopefull - Awaiting FedEx
        Viking14 - Awaiting FedEx
        rjs - Awaiting FedEx

• Just finished medical follow up for One eye from surgery in 2013. That was all I had to do. Going to mail it in after 4th. April 16th applicant FWIW. Just goin as it comes. Honestly not expecting to get into a class before FY 19 after talking to some agents in the field office here.

Comment

• smokinghole is giving SOLID ADVICE, agree 100% with what they're saying and I experienced similar issues with my medical as well, except mine related to potassium levels in my blood. In return I gave them 8 years history of medical physicals as well as an immediate followup from my doc showing my potassium is, and has been, just fine.

Also true about your clearance, and I think I was 3/4 or more complete with training when I received my completed TS clearance notification.

Comment

• I have a question for anyone well versed in security clearances. I've been told in the past if I were to seek employment requiring a clearance the end if my former SSBI clearance window would be used as a jumping off point for any subsequent background investigation. Is this true or has anyone also been told the same? I haven't been able to find it in a regulation or an OPM FAQ. I had a SCI clearance up until 2008. In the big picture it doesn't matter but I am curious how formerly cleared persons are treated with a new SSBI years down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
            I have a question for anyone well versed in security clearances. I've been told in the past if I were to seek employment requiring a clearance the end if my former SSBI clearance window would be used as a jumping off point for any subsequent background investigation. Is this true or has anyone also been told the same? I haven't been able to find it in a regulation or an OPM FAQ. I had a SCI clearance up until 2008. In the big picture it doesn't matter but I am curious how formerly cleared persons are treated with a new SSBI years down the road.
            That is true...to an extent. Ultimately it is at the discretion of the investigator. Typically they aren't going back any further that your last investigation, however, if they see a discrepancy or are just curious about something in your past, there is no rule preventing them from
            going back.

Comment

• smokinghole
              smokinghole commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the insight.

• Looks like a lot of preference sheets went out last September. Here's to hoping we all get one this September.

Comment

• April 15er here. Radio silence since receiving med clearance in December 2016. But I know that's mostly because the remaining FY17 classes are already full. Just staying patient. I've updated my info on the list ti2015 posted on July 1st.

April 15

+1 (Roldi's friend from Idaho or Indiana or whatever state starts with "I") - Received preference sheet Sep 2016

Cage123 - Received med clearance, Dec 2016

NC_Mtnman - Awaiting med clearance

CLOS35 - Completed poly
            rjs - Awaiting FedEx

Comment

• Originally posted by Cage123 View Post
              April 15er here. Radio silence since receiving med clearance in December 2016. But I know that's mostly because the remaining FY17 classes are already full. Just staying patient. I've updated my info on the list ti2015 posted on July 1st.

April 15

NC_Mtnman - Received med clearance
              Cage123 - Received med clearance, Dec 2016

CLOS35 - Completed poly
              rjs - Awaiting FedEx
              I can be updated as well. Received my med clearance in April 2017 and I have a current TS with the agency. I have updated my name on the list above in the quote.

Comment

• Aren't some of them in training right now? I know the first five names are either at FLETC or out of the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
                  Aren't some of them in training right now? I know the first five names are either at FLETC or out of the process.
                  Yes theres a class down there now

Comment

• You can update mine as well. Received my med clearance back in December 2016. Have not received the preference sheet yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9524 users online. 477 members and 9047 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X