Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct. 15er here. Received Med Clearance in May. Contacted by background investigator about a week later who informed me he was initiating the process. No contact since then. Settling in with the rest of you.

Comment

• At least you got contacted by a B.I.!

Comment

• Cincy, Med was not reciprocated. That would have been way too easy. Went through the follow ups, lost paper then email confirmation that I was clear.

Comment

• obuck34
          obuck34 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you a current 1811?

• CincyKid85
          CincyKid85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Man that's frustrating. It's awesome for you and I'm glad But I hate the waiting game especially when others from Oct 15 are already moving on.

• Originally posted by rhody401 View Post
        At least you got contacted by a B.I.!
        Agreed, I'm Oct 15 as well. No med clearance or bi call yet either.

Comment

• For those who got calls from a BI regarding it's start, do any of you currently qualify for clearance reciprocity?

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingtowait View Post
            Cincy, Med was not reciprocated. That would have been way too easy. Went through the follow ups, lost paper then email confirmation that I was clear.
            I looked through a few pages, but couldn't find your justification. Why WOULD your medical be reciprocated? I've never heard of any agent, lateral or brand new, get a reciprocated poly or medical.

Comment

• Oops had BI on the brain instead of medical. My bad guys and gals.

Comment

• What are the chances of being offered the NYFO?

Comment

• At this point I'd be happy with Alaska.

Comment

• cs288515
                    cs288515 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Amen! At this point I would be thrilled just to hear from a BI. I would be thrilled with any location working for ATF but I was just curious about NY.

• colonel87
                    colonel87 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Alaska would be awesome if you love the outdoors. What an environment to work in.

• I'm looking for the NY FO as well. Local LEO in NYC. Hoping to get BI reciprocated as I had one completed for the IOI position a year ago. Was told it was about 90-95% completed. May 2016 applicant.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhody401 View Post
                    At this point I'd be happy with Alaska.
                    Good mindset my friend...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmiech View Post
                      I'm looking for the NY FO as well. Local LEO in NYC. Hoping to get BI reciprocated as I had one completed for the IOI position a year ago. Was told it was about 90-95% completed. May 2016 applicant.
                      Back on June 3 you said you applied to CBP and wanted California. Now you are saying you want NYFO with us. Do YOU know what you want?

Comment

• LOL. I know what I want but I don't feel the need to explain myself to YOU.

Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

Back on June 3 you said you applied to CBP and wanted California. Now you are saying you want NYFO with us. Do YOU know what you want?

Comment

• I'm just waiting for my BI to start and get my medical clearance. Until they happen location is of no concern. You can have NY and CA though. I own personal firearms, and well CA/NY, I don't think more needs explained.

Comment

• Kmiech
                            Kmiech commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Exactly. Someone can want to live in more than one location.

• Originally posted by cs288515 View Post
                          What are the chances of being offered the NYFO?
                          About as good or bad as any other field office. Unless they changed the process, you will get a final preference sheet right before "the call." The final preference sheet will list the current vacancies they are going to fill with your class. In my final preference sheet a few years ago, Philly was the only NE city. What your preference sheet will look like, if you make it there, is anyone's guess.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8443 users online. 421 members and 8022 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X