Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my drug test and medical this week. Joining the waiting club I guess now

Comment

• colonel87
      colonel87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any rumors about when this batch will be scheduled for poly?

• Covert_13
      Covert_13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't heard anything yet unfortunately.

• what's the policy with tests expiring? I would imagine after almost two years we would need to re take the physical, written, medical, and maybe even poly.

Comment

• SIC
      SIC commented
      Editing a comment
      I read that your written test results are valid for 3 years and your interview results are valid for 2 years. the physical is a one year valid test.

• Pwclark15
      Pwclark15 commented
      Editing a comment
      If anything times out in one year then lots of candidates are about to time out.

• Does anyone know when the next hiring announcement will be. I'm hearing rumors of FY 2018??

Comment

• NC_Mtnman
      NC_Mtnman commented
      Editing a comment
      That is correct from what I have heard.

• Originally posted by SIC View Post
    Does anyone know when the next hiring announcement will be. I'm hearing rumors of FY 2018??
    Internally we were told that in calendar year 2018 they MIGHT start taking names again under schedule B.

Comment

• A TFO in my office just did his medical follow-up and is awaiting his poly appointment.

Comment

• colonel87
        colonel87 commented
        Editing a comment
        An April 16 TFO?

• FD2FED1977
        FD2FED1977 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty sure. I'll be at FLETC in July and will try to get some intel for you guys.

• colonel87
        colonel87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome, thanks.

• rhody401
        rhody401 commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks FD2FED!

• Good morning all, first time poster on this thread but I think I have read all 700 pages at least twice. I am an Oct. 2015 applicant waiting on medical clearance and BI to start. I am going on 8 months post-poly. Processing out of the Northeast.

Comment

• FedEx email, still alive.

Comment

• Anyone know what the chances are for Oct. 15 applicants to have BI started before FY 18 begins so we are in the running for those classes?

Comment

• Not great for starting before, even less great that starting a BI puts you in the running.

Comment

• Redeived FedEx package notification today. Just keeping ya'll up to date

Comment

• This is becoming a joke. Can't believe it takes this long especially for those of us that already work as an LEO for Uncle sugar.

Comment

• Celo182
                Celo182 commented
                Editing a comment
                Never said I was entitled, just a guy trying to get into an agency that he has always wanted to work for. I am stating that I can't believe that there isn't some sort of expedited hiring process for current feds and we are lumped in the same process as someone fresh off the street. Sorry that it took you 4 times to get hired, thats what I am hoping to avoid especially with a family and the desire to possibly get closer to home instead of 3k miles away.
                Last edited by Celo182; 06-18-2017, 04:45 PM.

• FD2FED1977
                FD2FED1977 commented
                Editing a comment
                So is it about getting closer to home, or getting the agency you've always wanted to work for? If it's a matter of your dream agency, then the wait shouldn't be an issue.

And you do have an expedited section of our process, it's called only having a 3 month academy instead of 6 (if you're already an 1811).

• Celo182
                Celo182 commented
                Editing a comment
                Not an 1811 so it would be 6 months for me. And yea its all about the job for me but getting closer to home wouldn't hurt either.

• smokinghole
                smokinghole commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm curious how many are current LE, federal or otherwise. I am not, but I'm also not some "off the street" kind of person. I was military EOD, that entailed much more training than this process requires. My skill set is not common. I inquired if my former occupational talents could be valuable to the ATF and here I am in the "expedited" process. Sorry you have to wait in line with the rest of us. We all want the same thing though and we're all basically equal at this point, or they wouldn't have asked/allowed us into the process.

I think it's important to sit back and breath right now. Our government is busy with a lot of back and forth about future funding and budget issues. All these things impact the hiring and training of new people everywhere and especially at smaller agencies. I believe there is a strategy even if it doesn't appear obvious.

• Originally posted by Celo182 View Post
              This is becoming a joke. Can't believe it takes this long especially for those of us that already work as an LEO for Uncle sugar.
              I know someone who applied to ATF four times over the course of ten years before getting the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                When did you interview?
                April-2017

Comment

• One thing I will say about the wait involved in this hiring process, it is for a good reason. They are capped in how many agents they can hire. The guys who are eligible to retire are not flying out of there for good reason. It is a good job.

When circumstances required/allowed, hiring was a 9-18 month process. Sometimes 6 months.

Be careful about quick hiring processes in this line of work. They sometimes are a clue to places being less then ideal to work for.

All one has to do for a quick hiring process is apply to the U.S. Secret Service. Sub-6 months is a regularity. Only you get there in a hurry to find out there is a reason things are expedited. A bucket leaking more water then it is taking in.

Take solace in the long wait knowing this, and that traditionally, 3-4 years is normal for 1811 spots.
                Last edited by 31Ford; 06-18-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• smokinghole
                  smokinghole commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I worked with USSS TSD regularly as a military EOD guy. The USSS is no joke when it comes to unbalanced work/home life. When we were busy with USSS missions we'd get relief from another service branch EOD or another unit. The USSS guys kept going week after week, day after day. If your single might be fun, but if you have a family it was a rough life even supporting them for VIPPSA.

• Any Oct. 15 get med clearance yet?

Comment

• waitingtowait
                  waitingtowait commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have had my med clearance for a few months now. Oct 15. That was my last hurdle. Everything else was completed. Maybe too big of a pay cut for me to take the job by the time I get the offer. We will see. I'm hoping for 2020. Just sounds nice saying twenty twenty and the year should be a good one according to the farmers almanac. Try saying it and you will get my point. "I'm being considered for a class in fiscal year twenty twenty".

• CincyKid85
                  CincyKid85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you just have to get your medical reciprocated? I'm still waiting....

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10241 users online. 500 members and 9741 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X