Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government shutdown means you go home if you are not essential AND you dont get paid.

Congress may retroactively pay after if they see fit.

Essential employess get to work without pay that will be back paid after shutdown ends.

Last shutdown I had a fellow officer hit by a car and another shoot the driver ALL FOR FREE.

Comment

• You don't get paid they send you home and when they eventually call you back you get back pay when the government starts up again. I was at the border patrol academy in 2013. In the academy you are not essential you ARE sent home. At the stroke of midnight they said pack your stuff you are all going home and we only had a month left. They didn't even know if we'd ever be called back to the academy or would have a job to be called back to there was cancellation talk. We all left the next day and we were called back to the academy a month later. For that month we were not getting paid just sitting at home. I was there. I lived it. It was a nightmare. Going back into my hole bye bye.

Comment

• Lucky you were paid. That took an act of congress.

Generally if you arent essential you dont get back pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by leolax11 View Post

Is it safe to assume that pay would stop if that were to happen?
          Yes, pay stops and you will get back pay more than likely. While in the academy and if the G shuts down, YOU GO HOME, not to an office. Sure it sucks, but you just have to roll the dice.

Comment

• April 16. Received email to be on lookout for FedEx package.

Comment

• Originally posted by RettAllan17 View Post
              April 16. Received email to be on lookout for FedEx package.
              what field office are you processing out of?

Comment

• Oct 15er. Received medical clearance 3/30. Settling in for the long nap...

Comment

• obuck34
                  obuck34 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's pretty good timing, I think you're the first Oct 15 to get med clearance. Did you have to do any follow ups?

• No medical follow-up and I "should" have clearance reciprocity, so I'm attempting to be patient by filling the wait time with my current job.

Comment

• Seems like they're doing clearance for those with reciprocity first. I think everyone from Oct 15 who has received it has been that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
                    Seems like they're doing clearance for those with reciprocity first. I think everyone from Oct 15 who has received it has been that way.
                    Anyone know if they are doing that with just clearances from within DOJ/other 1811 agencies or are they accepting DoD? I have heard some don't put too much weight in DoD clearances.

Comment

• NC_Mtnman
                      NC_Mtnman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My DHS clearance was accepted for my position with ATF but I did not officially receive my TS until a full year after I came on with the agency.

I'm told that it can depend.

• Anyone processing out of New York?

Comment

• usmc530
                      usmc530 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm New Jersey.

• I'm processing out of New York

Comment

• I am processing out of NY as well.

Comment

• Received fed ex package today.

Comment

• Medical scheduled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12270 users online. 410 members and 11860 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X