Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they don't have any slots for the April 15 ers or us Oct 15 ers, why was there urgency stressed with the returning of medical and security documents. I believe I had one week to return them only to wait a year to hear back. Lets just hope they go back to 48 trainees in the academy instead of 24.

Comment

• NC_Mtnman
      NC_Mtnman commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you want the good news or bad news first?

• Bad first please.

Comment

• I love the gossip queen tactics. Cryptic wink wink rumor/news that's 95% completely accurate and set in stone.

Comment

• NC_Mtnman
        NC_Mtnman commented
        Editing a comment
        Just having fun and it keeps the forum active. If I had gossip to spread then I wouldn't. Nobody here has time for someones version of what they heard on another forum or what they personally think.

• No joke. 600 pages of speculation....

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
        Bad first please.
        It is sounding like the classes will be structured very similar to the way they were this fiscal year with each class having 24 trainees.

Comment

• Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post

It is sounding like the classes will be structured very similar to the way they were this fiscal year with each class having 24 trainees.
          And the good news is 10 classes of 24 for FY 18? Haha

Comment

• NC_Mtnman
            NC_Mtnman commented
            Editing a comment
            HA! We all wish.

Basically it should pan out like last year with 5 classes of 24. That is what the recruiters are saying right now and that's probably the only thing we will know until we get closer to the new fiscal year. Everyone should be fed the same information regardless of what division you call, but that's hopeful.

• I currently have a federal position which is covered by the law enforcement retirement system. I was hired just before I turned 36. I am almost 39. I have been offered a position without the law enforcement retirement. If I take this new position, will my time in my current position give an additional year should ATF offer a position?

Any answer would help.

Comment

• ti2015
            ti2015 commented
            Editing a comment
            https://www.opm.gov/retirement-servi...fers-handbook/

I've burned three or four hours in the above-linked disaster looking for answers to a different question. I'm confident your answer is in there somewhere, but I can't say where with certainty. I'd start with chapters 46 and 54.

Good luck!

• Originally posted by rhody401 View Post
          If they don't have any slots for the April 15 ers or us Oct 15 ers, why was there urgency stressed with the returning of medical and security documents. I believe I had one week to return them only to wait a year to hear back. Lets just hope they go back to 48 trainees in the academy instead of 24.
          They'll be 24 for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by USPO2014 View Post
            I currently have a federal position which is covered by the law enforcement retirement system. I was hired just before I turned 36. I am almost 39. I have been offered a position without the law enforcement retirement. If I take this new position, will my time in my current position give an additional year should ATF offer a position?

Any answer would help.
            Man I'm not sure how that would work You might want to make a phone call and ask an expert, just in case you leave law enforcement service to ensure you'll be good to go if you get a gig with us.

Comment

• NC_Mtnman
              NC_Mtnman commented
              Editing a comment
              I was told that in some of the new interviews that there is some "talk" of not continuing to allow people over the age that have prior 6C coverage to apply. Not sure if this is GOV wide or DOJ led. Had a friend who came from the Patrol and interviewed with us that stated that.

Currently 6C does transfer over.
              Last edited by NC_Mtnman ; 04-28-2017, 10:29 PM.

• Originally posted by USPO2014 View Post
            I currently have a federal position which is covered by the law enforcement retirement system. I was hired just before I turned 36. I am almost 39. I have been offered a position without the law enforcement retirement. If I take this new position, will my time in my current position give an additional year should ATF offer a position?

Any answer would help.
            Yes it will. Any time under 6C coverage will transfer. Keep in mind though, 3 years is not a long time. Given that you are currently 39 you may be gambling. Make sure that you would be happy in your other position.

Comment

• What happens regarding FLETC in the event of a shutdown?

Comment

• NC_Mtnman
                NC_Mtnman commented
                Editing a comment
                When I experienced it in 2011 we were told to be prepared to go home. Pretty sure this is still the case but you come back after a budget is passed. Hurry up and wait.

• Originally posted by leolax11 View Post
              What happens regarding FLETC in the event of a shutdown?
              You get sent home, until the G starts up again.

Comment

• Well thankfully​ our all star MVP elected officials are on the job for another 7 days of intelligent reason based discourse and they will surely find a happy middle that doesn't screw the people who elected them nor enriches their personal wealth.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

You get sent home, until the G starts up again.
                  Is it safe to assume that pay would stop if that were to happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by leolax11 View Post

Is it safe to assume that pay would stop if that were to happen?
                    If you are hired, I would assume that they would pay you or they would send you to a field office or something.
                    OUT!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9465 users online. 479 members and 8986 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X