Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a mess this pending shutdown seems to be. That being said, June 2016 applicant, excited to have my Oral Panel tomorrow. Really enjoyed speaking with the ATF PTT coordinators when I took the physical. They seemed really squared away, enthusiastic, team-players, and generally seemed like a good group of agents!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
      With the spending/funding issue rearing its head this week, I have a question. Is FLETC considered essential or non-essential in reference to a partial shutdown? Also to piggy back on that, what about polygraphs and clearances for us in the process. Do they just hold off from doing them or stop completely during the shutdown period? Not really worried but it was a question I pondered while reading news about the funding issues that need to be dealt with this week.
      Nonessential, whoever is in an academy gets sent home. If a shutdown happens our IA won't be in, AND THAT WILL SUCK! So my guess is, they may slow down on the steps because eventually it will end up on a "nonessential" employees desk.

Comment

• Hey guys,

Just wanted to give an update. Met with my background investigator today. They informed me I have cleared all the steps before (poly and medical) and that they would be submitting my completed background this week. So unsure if everyone gets that second location preference sheet but I suppose that is what I wait on next. Anyway, spoke with them for a few and they stated that they knew there were supposed to be five classes this year, I asked fiscal year as in Oct, and they said no, as of Jan. Stated they had issues finding enough candidates for fill all class slots. Could be old or wrong info, never know, but just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone cared. Either way they said once it gets sent by him it goes to the hiring panel for review and that's the last step.

Oct 15 guy.

Comment

• Oh, and before I forget, they did say that they are now taking previous clearances over, so my TS transferred. Just FYI.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

Nonessential, whoever is in an academy gets sent home. If a shutdown happens our IA won't be in, AND THAT WILL SUCK! So my guess is, they may slow down on the steps because eventually it will end up on a "nonessential" employees desk.
            Wait....You guys have an IA?! Big timers over in your neck of the woods.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesWR7 View Post
              Hey guys,

Just wanted to give an update. Met with my background investigator today. They informed me I have cleared all the steps before (poly and medical) and that they would be submitting my completed background this week. So unsure if everyone gets that second location preference sheet but I suppose that is what I wait on next. Anyway, spoke with them for a few and they stated that they knew there were supposed to be five classes this year, I asked fiscal year as in Oct, and they said no, as of Jan. Stated they had issues finding enough candidates for fill all class slots. Could be old or wrong info, never know, but just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone cared. Either way they said once it gets sent by him it goes to the hiring panel for review and that's the last step.

Oct 15 guy.
              There are currently enough completed applicants to fill all of the classes for FY 18. That's the word that was passed to me so I'm not sure where the BI was getting his info.

You should get a medical clearance and then a preference sheet. You won't know if you passed the poly until you show up to work.

Comment

• obuck34
                obuck34 commented
                Editing a comment
                You mean FY 17 right?

• NC_Mtnman
                NC_Mtnman commented
                Editing a comment
                No. FY 18. All of FY 17 is full. There are enough completed people to fill all of FY 18.

Oh, and before I forget, they did say that they are now taking previous clearances over, so my TS transferred. Just FYI.
              Sorry for not knowing this but with clearances transferring, do ATF agents require TS/SCI with a CI poly or a full scope poly? I'm assuming the latter.

Comment

• I am Oct 15 as well. Did you get any sort of idea your background had been started? Did you get medical clearance first? Congrats on getting through to final review.

Originally posted by eaglesWR7 View Post
                Hey guys,

Oct 15 guy.

Comment

• vrsimmel
                  vrsimmel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Celo turn on PM

• Celo182
                  Celo182 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PM turned on

• I'm curious on this as well. I'm Oct 15 and still haven't heard a peep since the poly.

Comment

• HR lady said in so many words that they have enough applicants with backgrounds completed for next year, that they are not in a rush to do any more.

I got a feeling alot of April 15 guys are gonna time out on tests of one kind or another before they ever get an offer.

Comment

• Why even have Oct 15 and and April 16 then. Seems like a waste of time and effort for all involved if they are full up through FY 18.

Edited to add: So just 3 or 4 months ago it was FY 17 was full, now 18 is full too, a whole 6 months until it even begins. It seems like projections but not real cleared and vetted ready to hit the academy applicants. Using logic, which seems to apply a little more than it apparently used to, why would Apr 15 guys be at the academy before some oct14 guys even got their shot. It reads to me like whoever gets cleared and is a priority gets the green light. To treat this like a static immovable "they were in line since X month/year" process doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

​​​​​Seems there is some contradictory info/rumor lately is all.
                    Last edited by smokinghole; 04-25-2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• NC_Mtnman
                      NC_Mtnman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      FY18 is not full and I don't even think the GOV has been able to stumble past the CR that is coming to an end. There are just enough completed applicants that the agency CAN fill them all. This is just what has been passed down and none of it is a big secret. As you know, there are a lot of people on here who have been finished for quite some time so it's easy to see how they could fill up quickly.

• FY2018 is not full. Not in the way FY2017 is full anyway.

FY2018 could have 250 recruits and we are all set.

But right now, they seem to have enough people done with backgrounds that they dont feel the need to rush on something that is perishable like Backgrounds.

In a weird paradoxical way, Oct 2015 and later applicants may have a greater chance of being picked up due to timing out issues.

Why keep processing applicants if they already have enough?

Well, it is not their money, not like it is your money or my money anyway.

People get other jobs, fail out, drop out, wont take any city but home, wife puts foot down, etc.

Look back to the beginning of this thread and read what they put some of those guys through and you can see they are as comfortable with waste as much as the next agency. Just the way it is.

Comment

• The only news I had heard about a background starting was an email from ATF a few months back about a question they had. Then later on I got a call from one of my references in another state stating that they had just completed an interview with my investigator. Then I did the poly, did not hear anything for a while and then the background man called the other day and we finished everything yesterday. Like I stated earlier, the guy may not have a clue whats going on with the process but wanted to share my experience. They stated if the background part he was doing had started, that they had already cleared the poly and medical because of the expenses involved with completing background checks on people that were not going to pass the poly in the end. Either way, ill keep waiting and take whoever calls first.

Comment

• I think it's best to just sit back and relax. There's been a lot of information passed around some of it spot on and some of it not. No one has a magic 8 ball who truly knows what's going to happen. There's way too many variables to speculate.

Comment

The only news I had heard about a background starting was an email from ATF a few months back about a question they had. Then later on I got a call from one of my references in another state stating that they had just completed an interview with my investigator. Then I did the poly, did not hear anything for a while and then the background man called the other day and we finished everything yesterday. Like I stated earlier, the guy may not have a clue whats going on with the process but wanted to share my experience. They stated if the background part he was doing had started, that they had already cleared the poly and medical because of the expenses involved with completing background checks on people that were not going to pass the poly in the end. Either way, ill keep waiting and take whoever calls first.
                          See that all makes sense. Why spend the dough on BI if you weren't​ cleared through poly.

Also wanted to add SSBIs are done every 5 years, don't remember if that's from investigation completion or adjudication. So that's a long shelf life, they are however costly on someone that's not a pretty sure bet. A quick reference puts the cost at about $5,000 between the SSBI and adjudication. Not huge money but why waste it with a CR hanging over their heads?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10026 users online. 476 members and 9550 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X